From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My most active area of WP work is in all types of mathematical models of cognition. See the archive for more general information about me.
- (2007 - present) PhD student in physics (condensed matter and biophysics theory)
- (2003 - 2007) Undergraduate with dabbling in physics, mathematics, linguistics, and computer science.
- (1985 - 2003) Born in London, raised and schooled in Chicago.
- Helen M. McLoraine (01/09/2011)
- Biological neuron models (11/24/2007)
- Synaptic weight (11/24/2007)
- Generalized Hebbian Algorithm (Sanger's rule) (11/24/2007)
- Oja's rule (rewritten 11/22/2007)
- Embedded pushdown automaton (11/21/2007)
- Neural backpropagation (11/20/2007)
- BCM theory (11/11/2007)
- Activation function (11/10/2007)
- Multilayer perceptron (11/10/2007)
- Read-only Turing machine (11/06/2007)
- Queue machine (11/06/2007)
- Flashsort (11/06/2007)
- Inversion temperature (11/04/2007)
- Nonsingular black hole models (11/03/2007)
- Answering questions at the Science, Math, and Language reference desks.
- Hebbian theory (11/14/2007)
- Backpropagation (11/13/2007) (reverted 11/17/2007, moved to neural backpropagation)
- Synaptic plasticity (11/11/2007)
- Theoretical computer science (11/10/2007)
- Virtual pitch (11/04/2007)
- List of important publications in physics (11/04/2007)
- Notation for differentiation (10/14/2007)
- Cleisthenes (Athenian) (03/23/2006)
- User:SamuelRiv/TeXbox (my LaTeX sandbox)
- User:SamuelRiv/Bot (for the bots I use)
- User:SamuelRiv/Articles/Pioneer_Fund (01/09/2011)
- User:SamuelRiv/Articles/Encyclopedia Dramatica (12/08/07)
- "Natural units" userbox (11/03/2007)
- My archived stuff
- Generate diagrams for automata pages
- Generative phonology
- Quantum brain dynamics
- Integrate-and-fire model
- PCA network
- ICA network
- Mildly context-sensitive grammar
- Linear indexed grammar
- Probabilistic potential theory
- Electroosmotic drag
- Covariant anomaly
- Macromolecular system
- Delbruck scattering
- (see fields).
- (cardinality and countability).
- Magnetism = Electricity (Lorentz force).
- Charge is quantized.
- Neural networks are Turing complete.
- Hungarian has a hidden high middle unrounded vowel.
- Longest contraction I can think of: y'know'i'll've'd'a ("you know I will have had to" +infinitive) - English pronunciation: /jnoɫvt⁼/ in a single syllable.