I welcome our new overlord OmegaWiki :-) The multilingual wiki dictionary. It is already so much better than Wiktionaries!
Find me at:
- Wikipedia IT
- OmegaWiki (interwiki OmegaWiki does not work yet)
- Wiktionary EN
- home page at the Particle-Solids Interactions group of the School of Physics, University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
- old home page at the Firenze Linux User Group
- old home page at CERN
On Wikipedia I'll try, (if I find time for it) to contribute to particle physics, in particular detectors and data acquisition systems. I would also like to translate pages to and from Italian, but first I want to put together something reasonable on the English side.
I also feel for User:Raymond_arritt/Expert_withdrawal and [Wikipedia:Expert_retention]]. While the pages I've been working on haven't been bitten by cranks or other fanatics, I have seen these attacks to real science far too often, and I really am displeased when I see the effort of knowledgeable people going to waste, on the fallacious ground that WP:NPOV should grant to "pseudoscience" (euphemism) the same rights of real science. I really do not want to abandon Wikipedia... but I'm looking with renewed interest to Citizendium.
- Work in progress: User:Sergio.ballestrero/Data acquisition
- it:Acquisizione dati en:Data acquisition
- Images (wouldn't it be nice if one could watch images too?)
- en:Firenze it:Portale:Firenze
- it:Legge legge giuridica e legge "scientifica" - un massacro :-P
For those who end up here wondering why I have removed a link they had added to a page, a few good reads:
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Spam
- User_talk:Shauny000 and User_talk:Shermanmonroe With plenty of good advice from User:Saxifrage, which led to understanding.
- WP:SPAM What Wikipedia considers SPAM
- WP:EL When external links are acceptable
- WP:CORP When a company is worth a page
- WP:NOT More generally, everything that WP is NOT meant to be.
as a note to myself, since I never remember these:
- #REDIRECT [ [TheOtherPage] ]
- [ [Special:Contributions/User] ]
- Wikipedia:Inline Citation
- User:Sergio.ballestrero/References often-used references for cut&paste
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at