A little bit about me
Hi my name is Simply south. I am an editor on Wikipedia and have been for many years. Despite the longevity, I once aspired to become an administrator although I don't now. My main interests are transport, geography and anything else that interests me. If you are wondering why I chose this name, it originated from a joke on a forum about my location, being in the south of the United Kingdom
Original userpage stuff
Location: Herts, UK
Interests: Rail, geographical, other travel and transportation, historical, mainly UK but also I will edit beyond.
Joined: 30th March 2006.
User Page: Quietly changing. Please comment under talk.
ask first many times, act later... or b4... I am prone to spelling errors, but hey, who isn't?...
Hello Hi, I do not want to become an admin. I also love digging holes, or in this case dredging waterways.
- For some things I have created and general other stuff see My Achievements. This has now branched to other aspects of my contributions
- Personal sandbox under testing page
- Gallery - things i have uploaded.
- Sometimes it is necessary for me to edit under another account. My alternative, a pun on my original name, is Difficultly north (talk · contribs). Any queries there and here will be answered by either account.
- The five pillars of Wikipedia - some general rules
- Editing on Wikipedia
- Help pages - a place to go if you are lost and need instructions
- Tutorial - for testing purposes and also other instructions. An informative guide similar to the Help pages
- How to write a great article - when you are confident, this is the best place to go
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style - general style on how to write on Wikipedia
Motto of the Day
→ He made me mad
To see him shine so brisk, and smell so sweet,
And talk so like a waiting gentlewoman,
And that it was great pity, so it was,
That villanous saltpetre should be digged
Out of the bowels of the harmless earth,
Which many a good tall fellow had destroyed.