Information appears to stew out of me naturally, like the precious otter of roses out of the otter.
Note: inactive discussions, closed or not, should be archived.
Some favorites of mine
Wikipedia Monument in Poland
Percentage of NRHP sites illustrated, by county. See Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/Progress.
|Born and raised:|
|Lived for years:|
|Lived for months:|
|Other countries visited:|
|States/Provinces lived in:|
|Cities lived in:|
- User:Smallbones/To Do List
- User:Smallbones/Pix from talk page feel free to add any photos you'd like
Why is Wikipedia important?
"If Wikipedia is good enough for the Archivist of the United States, maybe it should be good enough for you."
- Wikimania 2012 Closing Plenary by David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States, see especially (15:00-16:00), and (22:50 - end).
"“If we want to get high-quality information to all the world’s population, Wikipedia is not just a viable option, but the only viable option.”
- Dr. Amin Azzam, professor at the University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine on assigning medical students to write Wikipedia articles, quoted in the New York Times
"Wikipedia is more important as an information resource than any other single institution. We need to accept that and figure out how to work with it."
- The Kinetic Museum, (11:00-11:15), Koven J. Smith, August, 2012
"Wikipedia is the best approximation of a complete account of knowledge we’ve ever seen.
"It’s also the most robust. The most easily accessed. And the safest. It exists on servers around the world so, unlike the library at Alexandria, it can’t be burned down."
"At any given moment, right now, if you go to Wikipedia you're going to find the most comprehensive article on Barack Obama. You're not going to find it on the Washington Post or the New York Times, you're going to find it on Wikipedia. Why? Because all of these people care about information have gone there to edit it and re-edit it and add as much information as they can."
Jose Antonio Vargas, Reporter for the Washington Post
- Vargas, Jose Antonio (January 6, 2009). "The Internet and the Presidency (9:42–10:10)" (Streaming audio (Real Player)). Here and Now. WBUR. Retrieved January 6, 2009.
Why shouldn't PR agents edit Wikipedia?
"Show me a PR person who is 'accurate' and 'truthful,' and I'll show you a PR person who is unemployed.
"The reason companies or governments hire oodles of PR people is because PR people are trained to be slickly untruthful or half-truthful. Misinformation and disinformation are the coin of the realm ..."
-CBS Legal analyst Andrew Cohen, The Flak over Flacks, May 7, 2009
- User:Smallbones/Chester County
- User:Smallbones/NRHP1 Camden
- User:Smallbones/NRHP2 Lancaster
- User:Smallbones/NRHP3 NW DC
- Frank Gallo
- Is this the sculptor, the leadership author, or the guitarist?
- Chicago Stock Exchange Building (1893-1971) check dates
- Anna G. Ellsworth Smith or is it Leavitt Smith? What hath God wrought!
Articles of interest
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, B (doesn't yet deserve it), 8785
- Tulip mania, FA, 31,000
- Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, GA, 5,000
- Seth Kinman, GA, DYK, 1,400
- Option (finance),ex-GA, 56,985, needs work
- Algorithmic trading, 20,000
- Barrington Hills, Illinois, 1,067
- Brandywine Creek (Christina River) 1,269
- David G. Booth, DYK, 1,030
- Chicagoland Sports Hall of Fame, 257
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia, DYK, 367
- Cumberland Valley Railroad, DYK, 795
- Shields Green, 332
- Bernard Madoff, 2 x ITN, 348,100
- Alexander McClure, 350
- Media, Pennsylvania, 2,086
- MOOCs, 110,000
- Nazino affair, DYK, 2,200
- Newlin Mill Complex, DYK, 259
- Novodevichy Cemetery, 2,749
- Peter Pronovost, DYK, 1,300
- St. Andrew's Anglican Church, Moscow, DYK, 250
- George Soros, 58,084
- Star Gazers' Stone, DYK, 500
- Richard Leroy Walters, DYK, 242
- We Didn't Start the Fire, 39,637
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Pennsylvania
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Delaware
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New Jersey
- National Register of Historic Places listings in the United States
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania
- Portal:National Register of Historic Places
- User:Jameslwoodward/Architectural photography
- Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/Editor help
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places
- WikiProject Watchlist – A list of all recent changes (similar to your watchlist) of articles within this project
- List of Pennsylvania state historical markers
- Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/GSA federal building links
- Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/Unused images
Format for a PHMC NRHP link.<ref name="nom">Carl E. Doebley, 19xx, [https://www.dot7.state.pa.us/ce_imagery/phmc_scans/H001316_01H.pdf NRHP Nomination Form for Adelphi School] Enter "public" for ID and "public" for password to access the site.</ref>
- edit count
- Wikipedia:Good article criteria
- Wannabe Kate
- Page history stats
- Article traffic statistics
- Wikipedia:Featured article candidates
- User:Epbr123 very convenient stuff
- User:Casliber/Flaming Joel-wiki
- Free Image Search Tool
- get coords
- mailing list
- Cornell Copyright
- Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/Reference numbers
- DC Firehouses Company History
- DC Historic Sites Inventory 2009
- article connections
- Pages I've created
- Congressional Cem outreach
- CC grant ap
- Commons WLM-US 2012
- Public art photography restrictions
The signs are not looking good
netQuality = 0.75*articlequality+0.25*imagequality where articlequality = (startorhigher+0.5*stubs+0.25*unassessed-0.5*untagged-0.75*NRISonly)/listings imagequality = images/listings