|Industry||Content Management Systems, Collaborative software, Application Service Provider|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Key people||Chief Executive Officer:
Chief Information Officer:
Chief Technology Officer:
CrownPeak is a privately held developer of cloud-based content management software. The primary customers of its products and services are company marketers and public relations representatives. The company's flagship product is a software-as-a-service (SaaS)-based content management system (CMS).
The company was founded in 2001 as CrownPeak Technology, Inc. and is based in Los Angeles, California, in the United States. According to regulatory filings, CrownPeak has raised "around $12.0M" in three rounds of funding Investors highlighted in the announcements include Sigma Partners, Altos Ventures, and SunAmerica Ventures.
The SaaS-based CMS operates on all web servers and platforms including mobile devices that support WebKit-based browsers such as those found on the iPhone and Android phones. The SaaS CMS business model is focused on enabling non-technical individuals to manage and publish content, as an alternative to the IT-centric model of on-premise web content management. "Since Marketing will be signing the checks, those small sales could lead to much bigger ones down the line - threatening the long-term prospects of the traditional vendors." Web analytics, site-search, and content versioning with rollback are among the features of the CMS. The CrownPeak CMS includes over 60 out of the box plug-ins to integrate with either custom tags or separate embedded UI's representing Web Analytics, Social Media, CRM, Document Management, among other services.
CMS User Interface
Developed using Silverlight, the what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editing and single-screen dashboard presented by the CrownPeak CMS user interface enables online teams to collaborate in the development and publishing of content.
CrownPeak services include development, implementation, training, support, and consulting.
In 2011 CrownPeak was nominated a Finalist at the American Business Awards for Best Product Development team.
- Park, Roger. "Media Motion: For the Record (03/31/06)." iMediaConnection. iMedia Communications, Inc., 31 March 2006. Web 22 Jan. 2014
- Ha, Anthony. "VentureBeat | News About Tech, Money and Innovation." VentureBeat. VentureBeat. 09 June 2008. Web 01 Nov. 2013
- Top News. "CrownPeak Raises $1.75M in Series C." socaltech.com. SOCALTECH LLC., 22 Sep. 2010. Web 01 Nov. 2013
- Johnston, Mike. "CMS Critic." CMS Critic. 2013. Web 01 Nov. 2013
- Miller, Ron. "FierceContentManagement." FierceMarkets, 08 Feb. 2010. Web 04 Nov. 2013
- "Top 10 Web Content Management Software Vendors REVEALED - 2012 Edition." p 25. Business-Software.com, 06 Aug. 2012. Web 30 Dec. 2013
- "CrownPeak Technology." Wellington Financial. Wellington Financial LP, n.d. Web 04 Nov. 2013
- Foster, Cormac. "SaaS: Enterprise Software Vendors Are Still Denying Reality." ReadWrite. Say Media Inc., 12 Dec. 2012. Web 30 Dec. 2013
- Business-Software.com, p.26
- "2014 Edition - Top 10 Web Content Management Software Report." p 3. Business-Software.com, 2014 Edition. Web 6 Jan. 2014
- Johnston, Mike. "CMS Critic." CMS Critic, 2013. Web 31 Dec. 2013
- Zinck, Barb Mosher. "CMSWire.com." Simpler Media Group, Inc., 16 Nov. 2011. Web 31 Oct. 2013
- Johnston, Mike. "CMS Critic", CMS Critic, 02 Dec. 2011. Web 01 Nov. 2013
- "CMSWire.com", 16 Nov. 2011.
- Business-Software.com, p.25
- Johnston, Mike. "CMS Critic." CMS Critic, 26 May 2011. Web 01 Nov. 2013
|This content management system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|