From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meh. Official Website
- Create an account.
- Use the Watchlist to keep track of your favorite bands, animals and people on Wikipedia.
- Don't get mad when someone criticizes or undoes your work. This can be prevented by writing good Edit Summaries.
- Ask someone for help if you see their name come up often in your favorite articles' history.
- Learning to use Categories (scroll to bottom of page) will save you in the longrun.
- Most users you may hate in the beginning. Eventually you will love them.
- Trivia sections (which are lame) can be molded into "Cultural references" section with little effort.
- Stay away from the "big" articles. Help is needed elsewhere.
- Don't even try to comprehend the music genre articles. They are a quagmire--stay very far away.
- Find your niche. There is a lot to do, but you can't do it all (see quote #2).
"Pick your battles."
"Never say 'never'; never say 'always'."
Places where I had a library card...
Bring on the userboxes!