Stirling Newberry (1967- ) American. Blogger, historian and composer.
Stirling Newberry has done political work in support of the American Democratic Party as well as military and economic analysis. In 2003, he was part of the small group of people who helped organize and drive the movement to Draft Wesley Clark for President and came to some public notice when his criticisms of the early Clark campaign were picked up by the national media. While perhaps somewhat controversial at the time, these criticisms were later born out by events.
Since then Stirling Newberry has been cited by some as an expert on blogging and the social forces involved in the flowering of internet politics and is currently working on a book on the transformation of political and economic models. His work has been mentioned in Vanity Fair, Wired Magazine and Salon.com. He has also been cited by some as a military analyst with regard to the war in Iraq, where he is a harsh critic of the conduct of the war from the perspective of effectiveness and commensurate means for the stated ends.
He is also a composer of Classical music.
Involvement in Wikipedia
- Wikicite project Adding references and bibliographic reference material to wikimedia.
Stirling Newberry has blogged on how Wikipedia is a laboratory for emerging economic models based on a long tail contributions and coöperation systems, where competition is asserts itself over relative scarcity of attention bandwidth rather than over particular resources. In this view the reduction of decision costs is essential to increasing participation.
He is also working on the project to put a card catalog on line called Wikicite which will allow wiki editors to easily embed citations, and create bibliographic enhancement for citations used on wikipedia. The purpose of this project is to make citing within wiki easier and faster, and to subject the quality of sources to the wikiprocess, while more firmly linking wikisource to wikipedia and wiktionary.
He is also a regular contributor to articles on Economics, Philosophy, Classical music and Social movements, including Gold standard, Hyper-inflation, Romanticism, The Age of Enlightenment, Postmodernism, Modernism and History of sonata form.
- "In the year of storms" - Quartet in Eb/Quartet in B also on iTunes.
- "Xaos" Quartet in B-flat/Quartet in G. iTunes
- "Tropic of Capricorn Quartet in C/Quartet in Db iTunes
- "Ares" Organ Prelude, Toccata and Fugue - Sonata #1, in C# - Sonata #2, in F# - Sonata #3, in C "Ares"
- "Neo-Modern Piano Trio in B flat/Piano Trio in F
|2||Overture to Eden||1993||1995||4|
|3||Toccata Prelude and Fugue||1994||E||3|
|4||Dance of the Goblins||1994||8|
|5||Funeral Music for Lear||1994||4|
|6||Symphony in Ab||Sketches from Dante||I||1994||2002||Ab||28|
|7||Symphony in A||II||1994||A||45|
|8||Symphony in E||In Pursuit of the Millenium||III||1994||E||34|
|9||Cello Concerto in F#||Erleuchtung||1995||F#||20|
|10||Violin Fantasy Variations||"Romantic"||1995||D||35|
|11||Koncertstueck in G||Rime of the Ancient Mariner||I||1995||G||20|
|12||Overture to Medea||1995||2002||Eb||6|
|13||Sonata in C#||I||1995||C#||24|
|14||Quartet in A||I||1996||A||25|
|15||Sonata in F#||II||1996||F#||15|
|16||Quartet in Ab||Roman Elegies||II||1996||2007||Ab||28|
|17||Pavanne for a Wedding Vigil||1996||Eb||10|
|18||Cello Sonata in D||I||1996||D||18|
|19||Koncertstueck in D#||Hyperion||II||1997||D#||27|
|20||Piano Concerto in F||III||1998||F||27|
|21||Violin Sonata in C||I||1998||15|
|22||Symphony in C#||IV||1999||2002||C#||24|
|23||Quartet in F||III||1999||F||20|
|24||Quartet in D||Sehnsucht||IV||1999||2002||D||21|
|25||Cello Sonata in C||II||2000||2002||C||20|
|26||Cello Sonata in F#||Sparrow of Beijing||III||2000||2002||F#||19|
|27||Violin Sonata in A||II||2000||A||27|
|28||Piano Trio in Bb||Neo-Modern||I||2002||Bb||25|
|29||Piano Trio in F||II||2002||2007||F||22|
|30||Symphony in B||V||2002||B||33|
|31||Symphony in F#||Pastoral||VI||2002||F#||40|
|32||Sonata in C||Ares||III||2002||C||16|
|33||Quartet in F#||Red Harvest||V||2005||F#||25|
|34||Quartet in Db||Hua yang nian hua||VI||2005||Db||18|
|35||Quartet in Eb||In the Year of Storms||VII||2005||Eb||41|
|36||Quartet in B||VIII||2005||B||34|
|37||Sonata in Bb||IV||2006||Bb||15|
|39||Quartet in Bb||Xaos||IX||2005||Bb||34|
|40||Quartet in G||The Neo-Classical||X||2005||G||25|
|41||Quartet in C||XI||2006||C||43|
|42||Piano Trio in C#||The Stone Tree||III||2007||C#||36|
- The City of Tomorrow
- The Dark at the End of the Tunnel On the unsustainability in the long term of US casualties in Iraq.
- American Thermidor Part I
- American Thermidor Part II On a vicious circle of deficits that reinforces a conservative political culture in the US.
- The Rise of Rove's Republic On the long term constitutional forces that Rove and Bush attempted to thwart to take power.
- The Revolution is not being televised On the Lamont campaign
- The December Decision Comparing the United States invasion of Iraq to the Soviet Experience in Afghanistan
- Collision Course On the conflict in monetary policy at the ECB and the Federal Reserve in early 2005
- The Boom that Feels Like a Bust On the American economy in 2005
- The Rage of Days On why internationalism and globalism and the sense of public well being.
- End the Cold War Economy - why military Keynesianism is not serving the United States Well
- Dear Mr. Wanniski
- The Queen and the Soldier
- Vale to Babylon Part I
- Vale to Babylon Part II
- Vale to Babylon Part III
- Vale to Babylon Part IV