User:Sweet kate/Yearbook Committee
|Origin||Terre Haute, Indiana, USA|
|Genres||Folk, folk rock|
|Members||Christina Blust, Jon DaCosta, Travis Dillon, David Goodier, Brad Lone, Rachel Rasley|
|Past members||John Murray, Jimmy Rinehart|
Yearbook Committee is a folk/folk rock band from Terre Haute, Indiana founded in May 2009. Current band members are Christina Blust, Jon DaCosta, Travis Dillon, David Goodier, Brad Lone and Rachel Rasley, all of whom share songwriting and lead vocal performance duties. The band is known for its wide range of musical styles. In addition to standard musical instruments such as guitar, banjo, accordion, french horn, and varied percussion, Yearbook Committee has also utilized five gallon buckets, sheet metal and kazoos.
In addition to their concert schedule, Yearbook Committee has been active in its local community, performing at events for local non-profits including Arts Illiana, Downtown Terre Haute and White Violet Center for Eco-Justice. The band has also contributed several music videos to Folked Up! (in Terre Haute), a series of videos highlighting Wabash Valley musicians. They are an official showcasing artist at the 2011 South by Southwest Music Festival.
Prior to the formation of Yearbook Committee, all of its members were active participants of Terre Haute's music scene. DaCosta, Murray and Rinehart played with Cuba, Murray and Goodier with Nativemind, and Dillon with D-railed. Blust and DaCosta have released solo albums, DaCosta's under the moniker Marquette Ave.
The first Yearbook Committee collaborations were recording sessions, mainly in DaCosta's garage. The band started performing live shows in late 2009.
- "Artist To Watch :: Yearbook Committee". Rollo & Grady: Los Angeles Music Blog. 12 February 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- Shane, Katie (4 February 2011). "Terre Haute Band Selected For National Music Festival". WTWO Terre Haute. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Yearbook Committee". SXSW Events Schedule. South by Southwest. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- McCall, Kyle (15 July 2010). "Most Likely to Harmonize: Terre Haute band Yearbook Committee spreading folk around town". Tribune-Star. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- Fehrenbach, Trevor (26 January 2011). "Local band to perform at Texas music fest". Indiana Statesman. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "About Yearbook Committee". Yearbook Committee official site. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Music & Lyrics". Christina Blust official site. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Marquette Ave". Marquette Ave. Retrieved 15 February 2011.