- WP:SOURCE (WP:Attribution)
- WP:CITE sources
- WP:AUW, WP:DATE and WP:CONTEXT: stop overlinking!
- This guideline recalls that there are three ways to cite sources. I do not like Citation templates, as they make very complex edit pages and are more bother than anything else. You can achieve exactly the same result without taking so much place on the edit page. In particular, they are not appropriate to face link rot. I hate the practice of deleting a newspaper source because the link doesn't work any more. You can't delete past history: the article still exists, and the link should be removed without deleting the source.
- Wikipedia:Guide to writing better articles#Provide context for the reader. Necessary, and all too often forgotten. Think that an alien is going to read this or that article.
- WP:TRITE: Use clear, concise sentences. We are not writing a novel.
- Wikipedia:Only make links that are relevant to the context It is tiring to see all country names wikilinked ten times, when you perfectly know that 0,0001% of the reader is going to click on, say, the United States. If you really need to look information on the US, you surely can Google "United States" up and find the relevant Wiki page.
- In snooker, Stuart Bingham wins the World Championship.
- In boxing, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. defeats Manny Pacquiao.
- In horse racing, American Pharoah, ridden by Victor Espinoza, wins the Kentucky Derby.
- Following a week of protests in Baltimore, Maryland, six police officers are charged in the death of Freddie Gray.
- More than 500 women and children are freed during military operations against Boko Haram in the Sambisa Forest, Nigeria.
- NASA's MESSENGER probe (artist's rendering pictured) purposely crashes into the surface of Mercury, completing an eleven-year mission.
- Scientists announce the discovery of Yi qi, the first known dinosaur with membranous wings.
- April 29: UN publishes report on 2014 Gaza conflict
- April 19: ISIS attacks United States consulate in Irbil, Iraq
- April 11: Foreigners evacuated from Yemen by India
- April 10: Labour grabs poll lead in UK General Election campaign
- April 5: Gun control campaigner Sarah Brady dies aged 73
- March 29: US Senator Harry Reid announces he will not seek re-election
- March 27: UK Supreme Court require government to release Prince Charles 'black spider' letters
- March 27: State funeral held for former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser in Melbourne
- March 24: Singapore's 'founding father' Lee Kuan Yew dies aged 91
- March 22: Lindt cafe in Sydney reopens after siege
Other current events:
|29 April 2015|
"The phenomenal but unreliable online encyclopedia is best used with a healthy dose of scepticism", correctly stated The Times of London on July 21, 2006. But again, reading The Times of London as the New York Times is also done with a "healthy dose of scepticism". Thus, the importance of sources...
So, healthy dose of scepticism, as always should we add, and also, when you find something really interesting, be sure to make a permanent link (as done immediately above) or even copy it into your personal files. And, more important than anything else, be sure to check Reliable sources, and Cite sources, as well as Wikipedia:Footnotes on how to set them up. Post a message here (I will adress content dispute on the relevant talk pages, but you might want to let me know by leaving me a post if you're in a hurry for the answer).