- WP:SOURCE (WP:Attribution)
- WP:CITE sources
- WP:AUW, WP:DATE and WP:CONTEXT: stop overlinking!
- This guideline recalls that there are three ways to cite sources. I do not like Citation templates, as they make very complex edit pages and are more bother than anything else. You can achieve exactly the same result without taking so much place on the edit page. In particular, they are not appropriate to face link rot. I hate the practice of deleting a newspaper source because the link doesn't work any more. You can't delete past history: the article still exists, and the link should be removed without deleting the source.
- Wikipedia:Guide to writing better articles#Provide context for the reader. Necessary, and all too often forgotten. Think that an alien is going to read this or that article.
- WP:TRITE: Use clear, concise sentences. We are not writing a novel.
- Wikipedia:Only make links that are relevant to the context It is tiring to see all country names wikilinked ten times, when you perfectly know that 0,0001% of the reader is going to click on, say, the United States. If you really need to look information on the US, you surely can Google "United States" up and find the relevant Wiki page.
- Mathematicians John F. Nash, Jr. (pictured) and Louis Nirenberg share the Abel Prize for their work on partial differential equations.
- Saudi Arabia conducts airstrikes against Houthi militants and their allies after their advance on the provisional Yemeni capital of Aden.
- Germanwings Flight 9525 crashes in the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board.
- Lee Kuan Yew, the first Prime Minister of Singapore, dies at the age of 91.
- A solar eclipse is visible across much of Europe, with totality over the Faroe Islands and Svalbard.
- Suicide bombings at two mosques in Sana'a, Yemen, kill 142 people, including 13 children.
- March 27: UK Supreme Court require government to release Prince Charles 'black spider' letters
- March 27: State funeral held for former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser in Melbourne
- March 24: Singapore's 'founding father' Lee Kuan Yew dies aged 91
- March 22: Lindt cafe in Sydney reopens after siege
- March 21: Suicide bombers attack mosques in Sanaa, Yemen
- March 18: Netanyahu's Likud party wins election in Israel
- March 16: Xu Caihou, former Chinese general, dies aged 71
- March 10: Zambian President Edgar Lungu to undergo treatment abroad after collapse
- March 9: Five dead after bar attack in Bamako, Mali
- March 9: Nigeria allies join fight against Boko Haram
Other current events:
|25 March 2015|
"The phenomenal but unreliable online encyclopedia is best used with a healthy dose of scepticism", correctly stated The Times of London on July 21, 2006. But again, reading The Times of London as the New York Times is also done with a "healthy dose of scepticism". Thus, the importance of sources...
So, healthy dose of scepticism, as always should we add, and also, when you find something really interesting, be sure to make a permanent link (as done immediately above) or even copy it into your personal files. And, more important than anything else, be sure to check Reliable sources, and Cite sources, as well as Wikipedia:Footnotes on how to set them up. Post a message here (I will adress content dispute on the relevant talk pages, but you might want to let me know by leaving me a post if you're in a hurry for the answer).