- WP:SOURCE (WP:Attribution)
- WP:CITE sources
- WP:AUW, WP:DATE and WP:CONTEXT: stop overlinking!
- This guideline recalls that there are three ways to cite sources. I do not like Citation templates, as they make very complex edit pages and are more bother than anything else. You can achieve exactly the same result without taking so much place on the edit page. In particular, they are not appropriate to face link rot. I hate the practice of deleting a newspaper source because the link doesn't work any more. You can't delete past history: the article still exists, and the link should be removed without deleting the source.
- Wikipedia:Guide to writing better articles#Provide context for the reader. Necessary, and all too often forgotten. Think that an alien is going to read this or that article.
- WP:TRITE: Use clear, concise sentences. We are not writing a novel.
- Wikipedia:Only make links that are relevant to the context It is tiring to see all country names wikilinked ten times, when you perfectly know that 0,0001% of the reader is going to click on, say, the United States. If you really need to look information on the US, you surely can Google "United States" up and find the relevant Wiki page.
- The Estonian Reform Party, led by Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas (pictured), wins the country's parliamentary election.
- Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov is assassinated in Moscow.
- The U.S. Federal Communications Commission votes to reclassify Internet broadband as a utility, enforcing net neutrality rules.
- Avijit Roy, a secularist activist and blogger, is murdered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- British soldier Joshua Leakey is awarded the Victoria Cross for his actions in the war in Afghanistan.
- A gunman kills eight people and commits suicide in the Czech town of Uherský Brod.
- Birdman wins four Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director, at the Academy Awards.
- February 16: Islamic State execute 21 Coptic Christians held in Libya
- February 15: Netanyahu calls for European Jews to move to Israel
- February 15: Police shoot dead suspect in Copenhagen attacks
- February 12: Dominican murder draws light to anti-Haitian sentiment
- February 1: Richard von Weizsäcker, former President of Germany, dies
- January 31: Millions march in France and around the world in support of Charlie Hebdo
- January 31: South African apartheid assassin Eugene de Kock granted parole
- January 24: UN Security Council heads to Haiti amid political instability
- January 22: Perry out, Abbott in: Texas gets new governor
- January 21: Ukrainians rally in memory of Donbass dead
Other current events:
|25 February 2015|
"The phenomenal but unreliable online encyclopedia is best used with a healthy dose of scepticism", correctly stated The Times of London on July 21, 2006. But again, reading The Times of London as the New York Times is also done with a "healthy dose of scepticism". Thus, the importance of sources...
So, healthy dose of scepticism, as always should we add, and also, when you find something really interesting, be sure to make a permanent link (as done immediately above) or even copy it into your personal files. And, more important than anything else, be sure to check Reliable sources, and Cite sources, as well as Wikipedia:Footnotes on how to set them up. Post a message here (I will adress content dispute on the relevant talk pages, but you might want to let me know by leaving me a post if you're in a hurry for the answer).