User:Technical 13/Scripts/Edit counter
|Browser/skin compatibility table|
|Updated||October 3, 2013|
|Browser support||Firefox 24|
|Source||User:Technical 13/Scripts/Edit counter.js|
|Edit count: 24,385 (5%)|
This script creates a table with a breakdown of all of your edits by namespace. More details to come.
Using this script
- This script can be loaded to your common.js of any project by adding:
|This is confirmed to work on the following WMF sites...|
|This is confirmed to not work on the following WMF sites...|
- Once you have saved the above to your common.js, you will have to WP:BYPASS your cache on common.js.
- Once that has finished reloading, you will also need to WP:BYPASS your cache on your user page.
- Once that is finished reloading, you should see a "Edit counter" link in your "Toolbar" section (which you may have to un-collapse) in the sidebar of the vector skin (unsure of its location in other skins at this time).
- Click the link and watch it work, the text of the link should change many times in the process of calculating and counting your edits, and will say "Done!" when it has completed (see images below for an idea of what you will see).
- Finally, you should be able to load /Edit count (or wherever you set your table to save) and see your new table.
|Click to start!||Cycles through and counts
edits in each namespace
|Does some calculation
and builds the table
|You're done and can
navigate to your table
Reload the page to see
the updated transclusion.
|⇑ The final product of the table if collapsed ⇑|
|⇒ Un-collapsing opens up all the data ⇒
A: Your total edit count including deleted edits. ⇒