- Quote: "Jessica Sanchez should have won instead of Phillip Phillips."
- Date of Birth: November 8, 1979
- Place of Birth: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
- Ethnicity: Zanarukando is of African American, French, Irish, Cherokee, and Blackfoot descent
- Place of Origin: Laurens County, South Carolina, USA (Zanarukando lived there from 1981 to 2007. His father was born in Detroit, Michigan, and his mother was born in Laurens County, South Carolina.)
- Place of Residence: Anderson, South Carolina, USA (since 2007)
- Education: Ford Elementary School (from September 1985 to September 1988), Hickory Tavern School (now Hickory Tavern Middle School) (from September 1988 to May 1994), Laurens District 55 High School (from August 19, 1994, to May 26, 1998), Piedmont Technical College (from August 17, 1998, to December 14, 2001) (The campus's eponymous ex-president Lex Walters was president of the college during Zanarukando's time there.) - Zanarukando's first post-graduation visit to Laurens District 55 High School was on March 24, 2005.
- Joined Wikipedia: July 23, 2003
- Occupation: General warehouse worker
- Interests: Video games, television, music, Internet, piano
- Favorite color: Navy blue
- Favorite music genres: Contemporary R&B, dance pop, jazz, Latin music, video game music
- Favorite video game genres: Eastern RPG, real-time strategy
- Favorite video game franchise: Final Fantasy (2001-present)
- Favorite Nintendo game franchise: Fire Emblem (2002-present)
- Favorite Nintendo character: Luigi (1985-2002), Marth (2002-2004), Ayra, from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (2004-present)
- Favorite playable character in Super Smash Bros. series: Marth
- Favorite motion picture: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
- Favorite television program: American Idol (Note: Tedius Zanarukando has an HDTV, since January 28, 2008.)
- Screen resolution: 1920x1200
- CBS affiliate: WSPA
- ABC affiliate: WLOS
- NBC affiliate: WYFF
- Fox affiliate: WHNS
- Cellular phone country of origin: Republic of Turkey
- Political ideology: Moderate
- Likes: video games (especially eastern RPGs), video game music, orchestrated music, hip hop and R&B, jazz, Latin music, reggae music, Internet, YouTube, DailyMotion, Facebook, Twitter, wiki sites, message boards, online music services, iPads or similar devices, reality television (shows like American Idol, The X Factor, The Biggest Loser, and Dancing with the Stars), Investigation Discovery channel, truTV, color photography, motion pictures, computer technology, high-end gadgetry, high definition, high-paying jobs, realistic computer graphics, computer graphics jobs, Akvis Coloriage, Paint Shop Pro, Winamp, theme parks and other outdoor recreation, computer graphics software, MIDI-to-WAV rendering, the color blue, the color turquoise, the color green, the color blue-violet, sophisticated computer applications software, sound science, honesty, contemporary architechure, construction, renovation, translation, intellectual freedom, economic balance, societies based on truth, pro-freedom movements or movements based on true premises, laidback parenting, naturism, libertarianism, constructionism (or social construction)
- Dislikes: video game censorship or book burning, censorship based on false premises, vague or bogus laws or absurd policies, punishment without evidence or just cause or due process, mind control1, false or maliciously motivated allegations, chip music (or 8-bit music), retro fanboyism, the color red, the color red-orange, sepia photography, low-end gadgetry, dishonesty, strict authorities, authoritarian parenting, abuse or misuse of zero tolerance (especially zero tolerance of PDA), controlling relationships, filicide, abuse of parental authority, domestic extortion3, fascism, social destruction, the Venezuelan government, being kept tabs on, junk science, smear campaigns, unfair trade, electoral fraud, shortchanging, racism, self-hate, double standards, false or totalitarian ideologies, statistics fraud2, anti-freedom movements or movements based on false premises, ultra-restrictive religious organizations4
1Mind control as defined Tedius Zanarukando includes shaming a subordinate into agreeing with the authority figure or crying disrespect, or using other shaming tactics, just because of a subordinate's opinion is conflicts with that of a given authority figure, or the use of content control software for the purpose of filtering out moral, religious, or political viewpoints that are contrary to the opinion of a given authority figure.
2Statistics fraud as defined by this user is the act of maninpulating scientific findings or research with the intent to produce ideologically desired results.
3Domestic extortion as defined by this user is the act of using rape or domestic violence laws to blackmail or extort money from a current or former intimate partner.
4Tedius Zanarukando rebelled against his Jehovah's Witness upbringing and left the parental home. He was torn between loyalty to his family and their church and loyalty to video game culture and his personal convictions and desires.
Tedius Zanarukando is a big fan of American Idol and calls it his favorite television program. He finds that season 6 is the most memorable season ever. He finds that season 8 is the most forgettable season ever, because it is the first and only season where his favorite finalist was eliminated before the top 10. He finds that season 9 is a classic example of discriminatory voting patterns. His favorite finalist of season 1 is Tamyra Gray. His favorite finalist of season 2 is Ruben Studdard. His favorite finalist of season 3 is Jennifer Hudson. His favorite finalist of season 4 is Vonzell Solomon. His favorite finalist of season 5 is Elliott Yamin. His favorite finalist of season 6 is Jordin Sparks. His all-time runner-up American Idol finalist ever is Chikezie from season 7. His all-time favorite American Idol finalist is Jasmine Murray from season 8, and he considers her 13th place elimination his biggest upset in reality television history. He believes that Murray should have made the top 10 and participate in the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2009 in place of Megan Joy. He believes that Alexandréa Lushington should have made the top 12 in place of Kristy Lee Cook. He also believes that former Sunday Best contestant Jermaine Sellers should have made the top 12 in place of Andrew Garcia and that Todrick Hall should have made the top 12 in place of Tim Urban. His favorite contestant of American Idol season 10 is Jacob Lusk, and his second favorite of that season is Stefano Langone. Because of what happened in the top 13 to top 9 rounds of season 10, he is opposed to the White-guy-with-guitar voting trend. He supported Jessica Sanchez in season 11 and cited Joshua Ledet as his second choice.
Dancing with the Stars
Tedius Zanarukando is also a fan of Dancing with the Stars. He pulled for Michael Irvin in season 9. He pulled for Chad Ochocinco in season 10. He pulled for Brandy Norwood in season 11 and blames the Tea Party Movement for her elimination in favor of Bristol Palin. He pulled for Romeo Miller in season 12. He pulled for Rob Kardashian in season 13.
The X Factor USA'
Tedius Zanarukando pulled for Marcus Canty on the first season of the U.S. version of The X Factor. His second choice was The Stereo Hogzz. He pulled for Diamond White in the second season of the show, with Fifth Harmony as his second choice.
Tedius Zanarukando has a 40-inch LCD Samsung brand HDTV set with 7.1 channel surround sound equipment and a 27-inch CRT Samsung brand SDTV set with 2.0 channel stereo sound equipment. He likes to own sophisticated electronics, usually near the top of the line. Blu-ray is his home video format of choice. The Sony PlayStation 3 is his game console of choice. He prefers Sony brand video game consoles. He prefers digital color photography. He owns a Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PlayStation 3 (40GB model), Xbox 360 Elite, and Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP-2001 model).
Tedius Zanarukando bought his current PC in 2009. His PC runs his computer at 1920x1200 resolution. It has a 7.1 channel surround sound equipment and has a SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium soundcard. It features a Blu-Ray burner. It currently runs on Windows 7.
Religion and Politics
Tedius Zanarukando is an atheist. He was raised in a Jehovah's Witness household, but he is opposed to that religion and the Latter-day Saints church. He rejected his Jehovah's Witness upbringing because the church was too restrictive for him. He was torn between loyalty to his family members in the church (including his parents and his maternal aunts and uncles) and his strongly held personal convictions (including video game culture), dreams, and desires. Because of that, he left the parental home in 2007.
Tedius Zanarukando supported Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election, because he refused to support John McCain as President with Sarah Palin on the ticket. He finds that McCain had a low-road campaign and that he follows the Bush doctrine. He is strongly against Palin as President of the United States, and he is strongly opposed to the Tea Party movement. He blames the Tea Party movement for Brandy Norwood's elimination on Dancing With the Stars U.S. season 11. He is fascinated with McCain being called "McSame." He believes that marriage should only be between one man and one woman. He is opposed to zero tolerance policies. He is prejudiced against people who have committed filicide, and he supports the death penalty for filicide and murder against subordinates. He believes that the death penalty should be used only sparingly. He is neutral when it comes to the 2003 Iraq War, but he supports the war in Afghanistan. He supported Vincent Sheheen as Governor of South Carolina in the 2010 midterm election, as he is opposed to Nikki Haley as Governor due to lack of credibility. He strongly supports inclusive employment, such as employing people with developmental disabilities such as autism, Asperger's syndrome, OCD, and ADHD. He is opposed to victimless crime legislation, believing that it only serves to punish people for personal lifestyle decisions that do not violate the legal rights of others. He also supports naturism (since 2005), as he is opposed to the nudity taboo, as he finds that it is based on false premises. He values logic, honesty, and truthfulness over social sensitivities. He is opposed to the Chinese Communist Party and the Hugo Chavez regime. He is also opposed to the Federal Reserve.
Contributions to Wikipedia
- Fan translation of computer and video games
- Final Fantasy (video game) (good article)
- Final Fantasy Origins
- Final Fantasy X (featured article)
- Fire Emblem
- Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu
- Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- Hedy Burress
- Josh Stolberg
- List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episodes
- List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) episodes
- Mana (series) (featured article)
- Maternal death
- NES sound format
- Paul E. Patton
- Portable sound format
- Regional lockout
- Robert Garcia
- Raphael Saadiq
- SPC700 sound format
- Star Fox Adventures
- Tales of Phantasia
- Technōs Japan
- The Principal's Office
- The Life Coach
- Video game music
- Video game remake - First article started by Tedius Zanarukando
- Yuka Tsujiyoko
- Yuri Sakazaki
- Legend of Mana
- List of characters in Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu
- List of video game musicians
- List of women who died in childbirth
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy Adventure
- Fire Emblem (video game)
- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
- Secret of Mana
- Seiken Densetsu 3
- Sword of Mana
- Video game music culture
- Yuna (Final Fantasy)
Issues concerning Wikipedia's policies
Tedius Zanarukando is against Poképrosal and strict enforcement of Wikipedia's policies on fiction notability, video game article content, and userbox guidelines, especially on English Wikipedia. He finds that Poképrosal has alienated him from the Pokémon sector of Wikipedia. He may not want to make any more userboxes due to controversy involving userbox policies. He considers users such as TTN, Martin Illa, Jinnai, and Bearcat to be overly strict when it comes to these policies, and labels TTN an extreme mergist (or "wikiprosalist"). He is against TTN's effort to merge articles on individual Pokémon into lists and Martin Illa's and Jinnai's strict enforcement of WP:GAMETRIVIA policy, since thoses practices have been done specifically at English Wikipedia. He finds this to alienate English-speaking Pokémon fans, thus English-speaking Pokémon fans have to look elsewhere for information on individual Pokémon. He also finds that the resulting Pokémon related list articles are useless and uninformative.