My favorite genre of music, by far, is country music. As a Wikipedian, I would greatly appreciate an increased presence of better-written articles on Wikipedia regarding country music. Unfortunately, only a very small amount of users seem to be interested in improving the country music articles on Wikipedia. Unfortunately, WikiProject Country Music seems to be one of the most inactive WikiProjects out there, so I need to turn to other measures.
I have done my part by filling in pages for just about every country singer who's charted a Top 40 hit in the past 20 years; surprisingly, a couple of fairly recent acts who had hit Number One didn't even have pages until I made some (Jeff Carson, Anita Cochran, and Sons of the Desert (band), among others), and even Grammy winners such as Emilio didn't have pages.
Many of the country music pages that are around right now barely even touch the surface. Rascal Flatts, for instance, has been nearly stub-class for ages, and even though it's tripled in size lately, it's still a bare-bones article. Furthermore, other once A-list acts like Collin Raye had stub-class articles until I expanded them. Even longer articles like Alan Jackson and Toby Keith seem underwhelming as they don't come close to covering all the bases.
Another place in which many country articles are lacking is a picture. Very few country music articles on Wikipedia have pictures at all. While it would probably not be easy to find a free picture for, say, James Bonamy, how hard could it be to find one for someone a little more modern? Harder than you think. Free Image Search Tool has found bupkis for quite a lot of modern acts.
So in short, I'm begging any editor out there — please help me improve the very many articles regarding country music artists. My otters and I did all the work on bringing a couple articles to Good Article status, but we can only do so much. Even if you're not a fan of country music, could you please help me clean something up?
- Rhett Akins – Expand. Needs more than just a brief synopsis. Add a pic.
- Gary Allan – Copy edit. "From demo to deal" section can possibly merged to other sections.
- Alabama (band) – Needs more references, info on each album, records set, critical acclaim.
- Jason Aldean – Prose is fine, just needs more references and critical reception.
- John Anderson (musician) – Needs references and expansion, more info on career and critical reception.
- Keith Anderson – Expand section on career.
- Razzy Bailey – Needs more sources and expansion; critical reception et al.
- The Bellamy Brothers – Expand section on their career. Add a pic.
- T. Graham Brown – Expand. Needs more than a brief summary.
- Zac Brown Band – Add sources. Expand with critical reception, history, etc.
- Deana Carter – Expand, needs more than just a brief summary.
- Kenny Chesney – Needs more references and a secton on musical stylings.
- Earl Thomas Conley — Add sources and biographical info. Critical reception, awards and nominations, picture.
- Confederate Railroad — Expand, add sources.
- John Conlee – Expand with musical information. Currently a stub.
- Rodney Crowell – Expand, needs more than just a brief synopsis.
- Billy Ray Cyrus – Add sources, copy edit.
- Linda Davis – Expand. Needs more than just a brief synopsis. Add a pic.
- Emerson Drive – Add references.
- Skip Ewing – Expand. Needs more than just a brief synopsis. Add a pic.
- Exile (American band) – Expand intro. Add members to infobox. Add sources, copy edit.
- Billy Gilman – Needs more sources.
- The Great Divide (band) – Rewrite. Needs longer intro, sources, etc.
- Highway 101 – Needs longer intro. Add a pic.
- Alan Jackson – Copy edit and expand.
- George Jones – Expand everything. More info on his career, musical style, etc.
- Cledus T. Judd – Expand the section on his career. Add a pic.
- The Judds – Add a pic. Expand. Add sources. Desperately needs info on their career, musical stylings, awards, etc. WAY TOO SHORT.
- Toby Keith – Copy edit and expand. Needs more info on his career.
- Sammy Kershaw – Expand the section on his career. Add a pic.
- The Kinleys – Expand. You know the drill.
- LaCosta – Needs more references.
- Lady Antebellum – Copy edit.
- Tracy Lawrence – Expand the section on his career. Add references.
- The Mavericks – Expand with critical reception, notable awards, musical styles. Add a pic.
- Mac McAnally – Add sources.
- Mel McDaniel – Needs more than a brief summary.
- John Michael Montgomery – Needs more sources.
- Gary Morris – Add sources. Expand section on musical career.
- Lee Roy Parnell – More info on musical career.
- Johnny Paycheck – Lengthen intro. Add a pic. Add more sources. POV check.
- Pirates of the Mississippi – Expand, add more references.
- Rachel Proctor – Add references. Add a pic.
- Pure Prairie League – Add members to infobox. Expand, add sources.
- Eddy Raven – Expand. You know the drill. Add a pic.
- Restless Heart – Expand. Add a pic.
- Dan Seals – Add sources.
- Daryle Singletary – Expand. You know the drill.
- Hank Snow – Sources. POV check.
- Marty Stuart – POV check. Add sources.
- Sugarland – Needs more references and critical reception.
- Pam Tillis – Needs more references and a copy edit.
- Tanya Tucker – Needs more references, copy edit, critical reception, musical stylings.
- Bryan White – Copy edit. Add sources.
- Lari White – Expand. You know the drill.
- Mark Wills – Add sources.
- Craig Wiseman – Expand, add sources.
- Dwight Yoakam – Expand, copy edit.
Just about every country music album page needs expansion — info on the recording process, critical reception, etc. I've found this stuff very hard to find as trade magazines seem not to give a rip about country, so good luck.
If you need more specifics as to what you can help with, please contact me.