Currently, there are 0 subpages of this user.
On this day
- 553 – The Second Council of Constantinople, considered by many Christian churches to have been the fifth Christian Ecumenical Council, began to discuss the topics of Nestorianism and Origenism, among others.
- 1860 – Led by Italian general Giuseppe Garibaldi, the volunteer Expedition of the Thousand set sail from Genoa on a campaign to conquer the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies.
- 1891 – New York City's Carnegie Hall (interior pictured), built by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, officially opened with a concert conducted by Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
- 1940 – World War II: A squad of 250 Norwegian volunteers in Hegra Fortress finally surrendered to a vastly superior Nazi force after a 25-day siege.
- 1991 – Rioting broke out in Washington, D.C., after a rookie police officer shot a Salvadorean man in the chest.
|Picture of the day|
The heath fritillary (Melitaea athalia) is a species of butterfly in the family Nymphalidae, which can be found in heathland, grassland, and coppiced woodlands throughout the Palaearctic. They typically fly close to the ground, though they are generally sedentary and will rarely fly further than 100 metres (330 ft) at a time.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
Se pare că acum este Tuesday, 5 May, orele 11:37.
Wikipedia în limba engleză are în prezent 4,863,408 articole.