User:ThatPeskyCommoner/The Autie Pact
We have read this essay about interactions between autism-spectrum editors and neurotypical editors.
We agree always to try hard to remember that Aspergers, autism-spectrum and savant editors really can have trouble with intuitive interactions and processing of unclear, imprecise, or ambiguous language, and that doesn't mean that they are "thick", or "disabled", or intentionally disruptive.
We agree always to try hard to remember that neurotypical editors really can get lost or corrupted "data files", and that doesn't mean that they are "thick", or "disabled", or intentionally disruptive.
We agree always to try hard to remember that each type of editor can genuinely fail to see something which is totally clear to the other type, and to work hard on understanding what the other person is seeing and meaning, and not just to dismiss their view as being "wrong".
We agree always to try really hard to assume good faith when dealing with an editor of "the other type" from ourselves, and remember that's it's easy for us to misunderstand each other's abilities and interactions.
- Pesky (talk) 06:59, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not one for some of the Pesky wording, but I'm certain I agree with the sentiment. WormTT(talk) 07:22, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- — Mr. Stradivarius (have a chat) 08:54, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- If only we could make a pact like this for the real world...my friends on the spectrum would definitely appreciate it! Keilana|Parlez ici 15:44, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- I'm in. Montanabw(talk) 20:01, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- Buster Seven Talk 07:06, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Dennis Brown - 2¢ © (WER) 11:18, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Epipelagic (talk) 12:16, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- Aspergers Syndrome suffer. -- sandgemADDICT yeah? 09:30, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- I fully support this. - Jorgath (talk) (contribs) 14:26, 26 July 2012 (UTC)
- Well done once again Pesky! ~ GabeMc (talk|contribs) 04:57, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
- Dianna (talk) 16:04, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
- — Dmitrij D. Czarkoff (talk) 00:27, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- Multi-perspective is always the best way forward. Thanks Pesky. -- Quiddity (talk) 22:30, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- RexRowan -- 14:25, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
- GaramondLethe 09:04, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support.--Auric talk 21:36, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
- Phill24th (talk) 13:43, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Major support. --Paul McDonald (talk) 19:14, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- I am also supportive. Historian (talk) 23:46, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not an autie, but I have severe ADHD. I also had lot of trouble with other humans, until I got my diagnosis and started studying human behavior myself knowing I was not neurotypical. I hope you don't mind my signing this. -wʃʃʍ- 00:22, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- Definitely supportive. Gilded Snail (talk) 21:38, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- As if there was a choice...--Wuerzele (talk) 19:30, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- Am a non-neurotypical myself and definitely support this for working with other editors on the spectrum as well as hoping that more neurotypical editors would get on board, as well. It's time. -- WV ● ✉ ✓ 19:50, 9 January 2015 (UTC)
- I'm an autie with adhd and I approve