From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hello, I am Daniel Lewis. Ultimatewisdom was an old synonym that I used to go under, I no longer use it (other than on here)... you are more likely to find me on systems as danieljohnlewis.
|Full Name||Daniel John Lewis|
|Post-nominals||BSc(Hons) MBCS MACM|
|Personal URI||Daniel Lewis|
|Job Title||Consultant/Researcher/Developer/Trainer/Writer (Computer Science, Web Science and Theology) - Vanir Systems (self employed! / Freelance!)|
- The guy behind "Vanir Systems Blog"
- A Member of the British Computer Society (2007 - onwards) - MBCS
- A Journeyman of the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (2011-2013)
- I am a Master Mason and Royal Arch Companion (in Freemasonry ), as a member of the United Grand Lodge of England in Bristol.
My computing interests include:
- Semantic Web and Linked Data
- Artificial Intelligence and other Intelligent Systems Topics (Knowledge-based Systems, Intelligent Agents, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Logic programming)
- Open Source Development
- Cross-Platform and Apple Mac Development
- Programming Languages
- Web 3.0 and the Intelligent Web
- Theology (Judaeo/Greco Christian), Philosophy of Religion/Belief and Logic
- Psychology, Philosophy of the Mind and Psychology of Belief
- Freemasonry, Rosicrucianism and Esotericism
I have been:
- A Postgraduate Student at the University of Bristol. Computer Science department. Area: Machine Learning and Data Mining.
- A Student at Oxford Brookes University studying for a BSc (Hons) Intelligent Systems and Software Engineering. I graduated with a 2:1, and a Double A grade for my Final Year Project + Dissertation.
- The Founder (2004) & President (2004 - 2007) of Brookes Computing Society (Oxford Brookes University)
- Head of Development, in the wxCocoa@Brookes Group (2006 - 2007)
- An intern (visiting researcher) at the Knowledge Media Institute of the Open University, Milton Keynes.
- An Analyst Programmer at Lifecycle Software Ltd.
- A Web Developer / Systems Administrator at Lovell Johns Ltd.
- A Developer at Curverider Ltd.
- now a Technology evangelist for OpenLink Software. I specialise in Semantic Web, Linked Data and Web 3.0 Technology.
- PhD (?)
- Religion (Comparative Religion, Christianity, Gnosticism, Buddhism)
- "Emerging Contemplative Mystic Liberal Catholic Anglican Christian" baptised and confirmed in the Church of England by Bishop John Pritchard. Happy to do Interfaith dialogue and discuss issues with other denominations. Happy to take communion in any church in the Anglican Communion, Porvoo Communion or other Churches in Amity with the Church of England. Happy to attend any faiths meetings (particularly interested in Quaker, Unitarian Universalist, Liberal Catholic and Buddhist meetings)
- Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Level 1 Practitioner.
- Live in Bristol, UK
- Some kind of Neopagan and Buddhist and Gnostic
- Lived in Oxford, UK
- Lived in North West Kent, UK
- Member of a regional group of the World Community for Christian Meditation