From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I'm an occasional contributor to Wikipedia. I enjoy:
- disseminating the latest astronomical research to the relevant Wikipedia pages.
- promoting open-source as the most efficient mechanism for scientific advancement.
Pages I've created:
- Abell 2142, a large galaxy cluster in Corona Borealis
- NGC 7424, a Milky Way-like galaxy in Grus
- NGC 6118, a Milky Way-like galaxy in Serpens
Pages I've made a significant contribution to:
- Leo II, a dwarf satellite galaxy of the Milky Way
- NGC 1350, a beautiful ring galaxy in Fornax
- NGC 2608, an Arp galaxy in Cancer (need photo)
- NGC 1309, a spiral galaxy in Eridanus; member of that Group
- Local Supercluster, our large-scale neighborhood (ongoing)
- NGC 1300, a striking barred spiral (ongoing)
Objects of interest:
- Type IIb supernovae: SN 1680, SN 1987K, SN 1993J, SN 1996cb, SN 2001ig, SN 2008ax
- SN 2008D, the first supernova discovered as it was exploding (9 Jan 2008)
- Abell 39, a beautiful planetary nebula
- International Year of Astronomy
- Cuttlefish, a bizarre but common creature
- USS Liberty incident
- A List of the Nearest Superclusters
- Constellation-X Observatory a mission superceded by the IXO
- Collegiate secret societies in North America
|“||Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both together,
put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better...