This is the user sandbox of Web Ace. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. For a sandbox of your own, create it here.
If you are writing an article, and are ready to request its creation, click here.
Screenshot from TopXNotes showing NoteOrganizer and two notes
|Original author(s)||James Lee, Lewis Garrett, Dirk Maasen, Gregory Dow|
|Stable release||v1.7.3 / May 25, 2012|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
|License||App Store (iOS)|
Formatting options are placed in a toolbar above the current note, including font, size, style, text color, emphasis color (highlighting), document color, and justification. The program also offers the option of checking spelling as text is being entered.
Create, Format, and Save
Text: Notes can be created by typing, importing text or files, or by dragging from other notes, other programs, or files. The sliding text toolbar can be used to select font, size, style, text color, emphasis color, document color, or alignment. There are no limits on the number of notes or note size.
Drag and Drop Text can be moved among notes, or to or from any other text application, using cut and paste or drag and drop. Entire notes can be dragged to RTF (Rich Text Format) documents on the desktop, or a document can be dragged into TopXNotes.
Samples and Templates The program automatically recognizes links to websites or email which can be clicked to launch a web browser directly to the links. Links can be renamed as desired. Templates and over 100 samples are available to get started.
Organize, Categorize, and Group
NoteOrganizer NoteOrganizer is an interactive table of contents that can be shown as a separate view in the main window. It allows sorting by name, date, category or group.
View Multiple Ways
Ways to Access Notes
Note Views Notes can be selected by picking from the QuickNotes menu, clicking an arrow, or clicking in the NoteOrganizer to open them. From the Text menu, over a dozen templates or over 100 samples can be selected.
MultiView MultiView allows viewing as many notes as will fit on the screen at the same time.
QuickNotes QuickNotes is a mini-window which always floats on top, with a menu holding selected notes available for use. QuickNotes is also available directly from the Dock at the edge of the screen.
Sync with Mobile Devices
Notes from TopXNotes on a Macintosh can be synced to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch A zoom control on the iPhone accesses larger text. TopXNotes Touch can create notes on a mobile device while on the go, and those notes can be synced back to the Macintosh using a home Wi-Fi.
TopXNotes Touch supports backup and restore directly to mobile devices. If a deleted note is later needed, the Restore function on the mobile device can retrieve the missing information. It allows emailing a note directly — click and send. It also supports landscape mode note-editing. With the iPhone 4s. text can be dictated directly into TopXNotes.
- A PPC or Intel based Macintosh with Mac OS 10.3.9 or higher
- Mac OS X Lion compatible
- Normally less than 40MB disk space (depending on amount of notes stored)
- 20-50 MB RAM (depends on number of note views open)
- Wi-Fi (if syncing with mobile devices)
- MacUpdate, "TopXNotes Versatile note organizer"
- State of Tech, "Mac AOTW #14 - TopXNotes" by Sean Ahrens, June 11, 2012
- PixoBebo, "TopXNotes: Where simple can be better (almost)" by Kate MacKenzie, May 19, 2008
- TopXNotes, "Tropical Software"
- download 24 web, "TopXNotes 1.7"
- HeroWarez, "TopXNotes 1.7.3 (Mac Os X)" by maxim, February 6, 2012
- Softpedia, "TopXNotes 1.7.3" June 1, 2012
- Amazon, "Tropical Software TopXNotes"
- Dailymotion, "TopXNotes Mac App Review " by 5minTech, June 6, 2012
- prMac, "Tag: Text Editing - Latest Releases" May 31, 2012
- Macworld, "TopXNotes 1.3" by Philip Michaels, Macworld.com, July 14, 2008
- AppShrink.com, "TopXNotes Lion Ready" August 5, 2011
- FeedFury, "TopXNotes Highlights"
- Mac Guild Review, "TopXNotes for iPod, by Tropical Software" by Andy Wallis, November 22, 2006
- Antihackerlink, "TopXNotes.V.15 For Mac osx" January 16, 2012
- Macappfans, "TopXNotes 1.7.3" by mojado, May 25, 2012
- eZeeDownload, "TopXNotes 1.7.3" by MrD37jncj, May 29, 2012
- Brothersoft, "TopXNotes 1.7"
- cnet, "TopXNotes for Mac"
- GFXtra, "TopXNotes 1.7.3 (Mac Os X)"
- appleJAC, "TopXNotes: Managing My Thoughts" by Tom Piper, February 23, 2010
- Applebyte, "Review - TopXNotesh" by Peter Tuffley
- Low End Mac, "TopXNotes: A User-Friendly Solution for Creating, Managing, and Accessing Your Notes" by Charles Moore, July 5, 2006
- Mac News, "TopXNotes: A Concierge for the Constant Scrivener" by John P. Mello Jr., February 1, 2010
- Mac 360°, "10 Ways This Mac Notes App Has Oh So Much Power" by Ron McElfresh, October 27, 2010
- The Washington Post, "TopXNotes 1.5 (Mac)"
- macZOT!, "TopXNotes for Mac Organize Your Life" August 15, 2011
- Network World, "TopXNotes 1.3" by Philip Michaels, July 14, 2008
- Stat My Web, "Topxnotes"
- MacNN, "TabView, AirRadar, TopXNotes" February 8, 2012
- The Daily App Show, "Tropical Software releases TopXNotes 1.7.3 Mac Notes Manager" by Jerad Hill, June 6, 2012
- AppShopper, "TopXNotes iOS iPhone" June 16, 2012
- BretTerpstra, "Welcome to iTextEditors" by Christopher Wesselman, May 10, 2010
- MacWorld, "TopXNotes Touch syncs your notes with your touch device" by David Dahlquist, June 28, 2010
- appTwits, "TopXNotes"
- Appmodo, "Tropical Software releases TopXNotes touch 1.1 for iOS" by Adam, July 25, 2011
- Slapapp, "Tropical Software Releases TopXNotes touch for iPhone and iPod touch" June 25, 2010
- FamousWhy, "TopXNotes 1.0.3"
- Download Apps, "TopXNotes" May 9, 2012
- iClarified, "Apple News | TopXNotes Lion Ready" August 6, 2011
- Macworld UK, "2011TopXNotes review" by Karl Hodge and Phillip Michaels, March 25, 2011