In 2010, I graduated from Pacific School of Religion with a degree of Master of Divinity/Master of Arts, having completed a Master's Thesis about William Blake. I decided being a Unitarian minister was one of the last things I wanted to do, and have been working as a substitute teacher and private tutor since then. Prior to PSR, I was software engineer.
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
On January 6, 2009, I was awarded the Film Barnstar by Luke4545
|The WikiProject Films Award|
|I noticed you've done a lot of work on film-related articles; so, I thought I'd award you The Film Barnstar. Good job! -- Luke4545 (talk) 20:14, 6 January 2009 (UTC)|
On October 28, 2009, I was awarded the Literary Barnstar by Abie the Fish Peddler
|The Literary Barnstar|
|This Barnstar has been awarded to WickerGuy for the knowledge, time, and effort you've spent, and hopefully will continue to spend, on William Blake's article. Awarded by Abie the Fish Peddler (talk) 04:29, 28 October 2009 (UTC)|
On January 14, 2011 I was awarded
|The Modest Barnstar|
|Thanks for finding that other series' have images, and what is acceptable in that regard, and for finding and inserting the image and then linking it to The Chronicles of Narnia article. Walter Görlitz (talk) 00:07, 15 January 2011 (UTC)|
On April 27, 2011 I was awarded
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|for your tireless work on Stanley Kubrick and your devotion to keeping it in prime condition. Rusted AutoParts (talk) 14:34 28 April 2011 (UTC)|
On May 12, 2011 I was awarded
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|I hereby award WickerGuy this Editor's barnstar for his fine work on 2001: A Space Odyssey (film)...excellent work!! Dreadstar ☥ 18:02, 12 May 2011 (UTC)|
On August 22, 2011, I got my second barnstar (out of 6 now) specifically for my work on the Stanley Kubrick article.
|Wikipedian of Excellence|
|This Wikipedian of Excellence Award has been awarded to WickerGuy for the knowledge, time, and effort you've spent, and hopefully will continue to spend, on Stanley Kubrick's article. AndrewOne (talk) 20:06, 21 August 2011 (UTC)|
|The Citation Barnstar|
|Great work cleaning up Psycho IV! Doniago (talk) 03:08, 20 October 2011 (UTC)|
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|Thank you for your lead, diligence and civility in pulling the Charles Dickens article together. Span (talk) 16:53, 17 March 2012 (UTC)|
- Favorite Music
- Favorite Song Writers
- Joni Mitchell
- Bob Dylan
- Paul Simon ("I want a shot at redemption/ Don’t want to end up a cartoon/ In a cartoon graveyard")
- The Beatles (Yes, I know this is a really esoteric arcane choice)
- Buddy Holly
- The Grateful Dead
- Pete Seeger
- Favorite Singers
- Favorite television
* Most science-fiction and period drama. Yes, I'm a Trekkie, and fan of Buffy and Doctor Who.
Favorite movie directors
* Stanley Kubrick
* Alfred Hitchcock (His most unfairly neglected film is Shadow of a Doubt)
* Laurence Olivier (Better known as actor, and only directed 5 films)
* Charlie Chaplin
* Woody Allen
* Martin Scorsese
* Francis Ford Coppola (has neglected gems such as The Conversation and Rumble Fish as well as acknowledged classics)
* Lord of the Rings In the words of the author...
"The most critical reader of all, myself, now finds many defects, minor and major, but being fortunately under no obligation either to review the book or to write it again, he will pass over these in silence, except one that has been noted by others: the book is too short"
(such romantic dialogue...
“You examine me, Miss Eyre,” said he: “do you think me handsome?”
It still works.)
- Favorite classical writers
- Charles Dickens, D.H. Lawrence, Jane Austen (OK, I know I've only actually read "Pride and Prejudice"), Charlotte Bronte,
- Favorite popular fiction writers
- Favorite science-fiction writers
- Favorite literary critics
- Favorite Poets
- Most obscure and arcane organization I ever joined
- Sangha for Skeptical Buddhism (for practicing Buddhists who don't buy reincarnation)
- Two dumbest recent quotes from the atheist-religion debate
- Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
- Victor Stenger, prominent activist for atheism
- Love of God and compassion and empathy leads you to a very
glorious place, and science leads you to killing people. - Ben Stein creator of film "Exposed" and prominent anti-Darwinian conservative
- Political affiliation
- Public figures about whom I have the most conflicted hot/cold feelings
- Christopher Hitchens (Like him often, damn funny, off on religion I think)
and for mostly different reasons...(this really is strange bedfellows)
- C.S. Lewis (great fiction writer, great literary critic, great historian of literature, overrated as theological apologist IMHO)
- Other schools attended
- Passionate Hobbies
- Live theatre, wilderness hiking, poetry, and hanging out in coffee shops.
- Occasional writer of poetry.