User:Wiki User 68/My Portal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Countries of the UK statistics.gov.uk, accessed 10 October, 2008
- "Countries within a country". 10 Downing Street. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
The United Kingdom is made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- "ISO 3166-2 Newsletter Date: 2007-11-28 No I-9. "Changes in the list of subdivision names and code elements" (Page 11)" (PDF). International Organisation for Standardisation codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions -- Part 2: Country subdivision codes. Retrieved 2008-05-31.
ENG England country
- National Statistics Online - Population Estimates. Retrieved 6 June 2007.
- The official definition of LUZ (Larger Urban Zone) is used by the European Statistical Agency (Eurostat) when describing conurbations and areas of high population. This definition ranks London highest, above Paris (see Larger Urban Zones (LUZ) in the European Union); and a ranking of population within municipal boundaries also puts London on top (see Largest cities of the European Union by population within city limits). However, research by the University of Avignon in France ranks Paris first and London second when including the whole urban area and hinterland, that is the outlying cities as well (see Largest urban areas of the European Union).
- England - Culture. Britain USA. Retrieved 12 September 2006.
- "Industrial Revolution". Retrieved 2008-04-27.
- "History of the Royal Society". The Royal Society. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- "Country profile: United Kingdom". BBC News. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- Klimat dla Ziemi: Obserwowane zmiany temperatury Ziemi (in Polish)
- Stone, Richard (2004-11-19). "Iceland's Doomsday Scenario?". Science 306 (5700): 1278–1281. doi:10.1126/science.306.5700.1278. PMID 15550636.
- "SVS Science Story: Ice Age". NASA Scientific Visualization Studio. Retrieved 2007-08-02.
- Prothero, Donald R (2007). Evolution: What the Fossils Say. New York: Columbia University Press. p. 113. ISBN 978-0-231-13962-5.
...the fossil record provides...the strongest piece of evidence for evolution. ...lines of evidence that Darwin mustered in 1859.
- Glass, Bentley (1959). Forerunners of Darwin. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press. p. iv. ISBN 0801802229.
Darwin's solution is a magnificent synthesis of evidence...a synthesis...compelling in honesty and comprehensiveness
- van Wyhe 2008
- The Complete Works of Darwin Online - Biography. darwin-online.org.uk. Retrieved on 2006-12-15
- As Darwinian scholar Joseph Carroll of the University of Missouri–St. Louis puts it in his introduction to a modern reprint of Darwin's work: "The Origin of Species has special claims on our attention. It is one of the two or three most significant works of all time—one of those works that fundamentally and permanently alter our vision of the world....It is argued with a singularly rigorous consistency but it is also eloquent, imaginatively evocative, and rhetorically compelling." Carroll, Joseph, ed. (2003). On the origin of species by means of natural selection. Peterborough, Ontario: Broadview. p. 15. ISBN 1551113376.
- Leff 2000, About Charles Darwin
- Desmond & Moore 1991, pp. 210, 263–274, 284–285
- van Wyhe 2007, pp. 184, 187
- Darwin - At last. American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved on 2007-03-21
- Freeman 1977
- "BBC NEWS : Politics : Thatcher state funeral undecided". 2008-08-02. Retrieved 2008-08-10.
- Leff 2000, Darwin's Burial
- "CERA says peak oil theory is faulty". Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA). 2006-11-14. Retrieved 2008-07-27.