All my DYKs are from articles that I either created or expanded 5 folds
26. ... that the C. R. formula was a proposal that had failed during the Gandhi-Jinnah talks in 1944? on 18th December 2009
25. ... that C. Vijayaraghavachariar, former President of the Indian National Congress, also served as President of All India Hindu Mahasabha in 1931? on 13th November 2009
24. ... that efforts taken by Roman Catholic missionary Henrique Henriques to publish religious books in local languages led him to be called The Father of Tamil press? on 6th February 2009
23. ... that Karl Graul, former director of Leipzig Lutheran mission and a Tamil scholar, considered that Christian missionaries in India should not interfere with the local traditions including caste system? on 4th February 2009
22. ... that Stephen Neill, former bishop of Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu, suffered from insomnia and thus helped to author his magnus opus, History of Christianity in India? on 1st February 2009
21. ... that Johann Phillip Fabricius, a German Christian missionary completed the first translation of Bible to Tamil? on 31st January 2009
20. ... that Ratchanya Yatreegam, magnum opus of Henry Alfred Krishnapillai in Tamil, was based on John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress? on 30th January 2009
19. ... that a split in India's Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party in 1988 resulted in a split in the Congress party in Tamil Nadu leading to the birth of a new party called Thamizhaga Munnetra Munnani? on 29th January 2009
18. ... that because of differences in the demands for a separate nation called Dravida Nadu, India's DMK party split in 1962 and a short-lived Tamil National Party was formed? on 28th January 2009
17. ... that Maraimalai Adigal, a Saivite and considered the father of the Pure Tamil movement, disagreed with the atheistic beliefs of Periyar's Self-Respect Movement? on 28th January 2009
16. ... that the funeral of C. N. Annadurai (pictured), who served just two years as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, was the largest attended till that time making it a Guiness record? on 29th December 2008
15. ... that the Dravidian parties extensively used Tamil cinema for its propaganda? on 17th December 2008
14. ... that one bacterial strain of Streptomyces griseus, IFO 13350, has the capacity to produce upto 34 different secondary metabolites including antibiotics? on 6th December 2008
13. ... that the day that British East India Company acquired a sliver of land to build Fort St. George is celebrated as Madras Day in Madras, India?14th October 2008
12. ... that Krishnammal Jagannathan, one of the winners of the Right Livelihood Award for this year, started her struggle for the rights of the landless after an incident in which 44 women and children were burnt alive by landlords? on 9th October 2008
11. ... that the Church of Our Lady of Light in Chennai, India was built in 1516 by Portuguese missionaries? on 6th October 2008
10. ... that Dravidian parties rose to power in Tamil Nadu after the 1967 general election in India, in which they won all the seats they competed for? on 4th October 2008
9. ... that T. V. Sundaram Iyengar laid the foundation for the motor transport industry in South India, when he started a bus service in Madurai, Madras Presidency in 1912? on 6th June 2008
8. ... that Indian coracles, which probably existed since the prehistoric times, have recently been used for giving tourists rides on the Kaveri River? on 5th June 2008.
7. ... that Rajah Sir Muthiah Chettiar was the first Mayor of Chennai Corporation, after the mayoralty was reinstated in 1933? on 10th May 2008
6. ... that Tamil politician E. V. K. Sampath, nephew of Periyar, co-founded the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party? on 3rd May 2008.
5. ...that since 1967 the state of Tamil Nadu in India has always been ruled by the Dravidian parties? on 27th February 2008
4. ...that the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar (pictured) in Spain is reputed to be the first church dedicated to Mary through history? on 29th October 2007.
3. ...that the Shrine of Our Lady of Madhu is considered the holiest Catholic shrine in Sri Lanka? on 23rd October 2007.
2. ...that early Indian Christians were Nestorians until the arrival of Portuguese in the 16th century introducing Roman Catholicism to the country? on 19th October 2007.
1. ...that the Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health (pictured) is one of the most frequented religious sites in India, drawing nearly 2 million pilgrims annually? on 10th October 2007.