- 1 Which museum in Moscow?
- 2 2010-09 Blocking in de:
- 3 Please protect Wetten, dass..?
- 4 Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preference
- 5 Barnstar
- 6 "Improving" images
- 7 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Chesme Church
- 8 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Vyborg Castle
- 9 Architecture of cathedrals and great churches
- 10 POTD notification
- 11 POTD notification
Which museum in Moscow?
- Thank you for the interest, and yes, that is in the former Provision warehouses which belong to the Museum of History of Moscow. --S 17:52, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
2010-09 Blocking in de:
Hello. I have been blocked in de: for "Unsinnige Bearbeitungen" after deleting interwiki. Since you blocked too my user page and my mail, I gess you do not want to hear anymore about me, however I want to tell you I was fighting several spammer interwiki bot. Visite fortuitement prolongée (talk) 19:46, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, maybe you can tell now what you were thinking when you made edits like that or that one. I proved the french etc. links and they were OK. --S 20:32, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- "maybe you can tell now what you were thinking when you made edits like that or that one." (S1) I was removing undue interwiki (see below).
- "I proved the french etc. links" (S1) What do you mean?
- If you mean that you checked the links, then of course the fr: links are OK, that why I did not removed them. The other, which I removed, are (likely, because I'm not perfect) wrong.
- About "that or that one" edit, de:Schnellfahrstrecke correspond to fr:Ligne à grande vitesse and en:High-speed railway line (currently a redirect, not to be interwiki linked), de:Hochgeschwindigkeitszug correspond to fr:Train à grande vitesse and en:High-speed train (currently a redirect, not to be interwiki linked). And de:Hochgeschwindigkeitsverkehr correspond to en:High-speed rail and fr:Grande vitesse ferroviaire.
- Help:Interlanguage links curently say
"Various bots add and attempt to correct interlanguage links: if A links to B, B will be linked to A, and if A links to B and B to C, A will be linked to C. The downside is that an error in an interlanguage link in one Wikipedia propagates to other Wikipedias. Thus if a bot produces a wrong result one may have to search for the underlying error in another language version of Wikipedia.
The activity of the bots also requires that interlanguage links are only put from an article to an article covering the same subject, not more and not less."
- Since several month some bot are spamming fr:Ligne à grande vitesse and fr:Train à grande vitesse with wrong interwiki. It's hard to remove.
- Sorry if I am confused, but English language is not my mother tongue. Visite fortuitement prolongée (talk) 21:43, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
OK... I'll unblock you on DE but PLEASE post a comment on the talk page of an article where you will remove the links, otherwise everyone who watch the article will suppose vandaism. --S 22:21, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
Please protect Wetten, dass..?
From the context of the above exchange I assume you're an admin. Could you please lock down the Wetten, dass..? article (to which you contributed)? Anonymous users (yeah, I know, I'm one too) are vandalizing the article and violating WP:BLP. I removed one of these edits but the article needs to be police by someone in authority. Thanks. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:30, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preference
Hello there. This is an automated message to tell you about the gradual phasing out of the preference entitled "Mark all edits minor by default", which you currently have (or very recently had) enabled.
On 13 March 2011, this preference was hidden from the user preferences screen as part of efforts to prevent its accidental misuse (consensus discussion). This had the effect of locking users in to their existing preference, which, in your case, was
true. To complete the process, your preference will automatically be changed to
false in the next few days. This does not require any intervention on your part and you will still be able to manually mark your edits as being minor in the usual way.
|The Original Barnstar|
|This barnstar is awarded to everyone who - whatever their opinion - contributed to the discussion about Wikipedia and SOPA. Thank you for being a part of the discussion. Presented by the Wikimedia Foundation.|
- If you have better one, feel free to add. I replace images by those I made myself only in cases when the previous one is of notably lower quality. Besides, can't help you without a precise link which image shall be oversaturated. - A.Savin (talk) 15:46, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
Regarding the selection of pictures in that article, each and every one has been chosen out of hundreds of possibles in order to illustrate the relevant material, but also to fit into the gallery in which it appears, as well as possible. The leading group of pics does not need to illustrate Salisbury, St Basil's, Notre Dame etc. They could be four entirely different buildings. The reason for their selection is because they all represent buildings that are very well known regional diverse, and stylistically different. Basically, St Basil's doesn't have to appear in the intro at all. It isn't about finding the best image of St Basil's, but finding the one that is going to look best in that context. Your image is splendid, but in that gallery, its vertical format throws it out of proportion with everything else. Amandajm (talk) 13:18, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Just to let you know that the Featured Picture File:Spb 06-2012 Chesme Church.jpg is due to make an appearance as Picture of the Day on January 3, 2014. If you get a chance, you can check and improve the caption at Template:POTD/2014-01-03. Thank you for all of your contributions! — Crisco 1492 (talk) 23:46, 27 December 2013 (UTC)
Just to let you know that the Featured Picture File:Vyborg 06-2012 Castle 06.jpg is due to make an appearance as Picture of the Day on March 11, 2014. If you get a chance, you can check and improve the caption at Template:POTD/2014-03-11. Thank you for all of your contributions! — Crisco 1492 (talk) 23:49, 22 February 2014 (UTC)