Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Learn about some of the Wikipedia landmarks by trying our Wikipedia scavenger hunt!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Wikipedia has a vibrant community of editors. The village pump is a great place to see the goings on.
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
Feel free to ask me anything the links and talk pages don't answer. You can most easily reach me by posting on my talk page.
You can sign your name on any page by typing 4 tildes, likes this: ~~~~.
And another thing...
Welcome to the wikiproject for molecular and cellular biology. I'm the current coordinator, so if you have any questions or comments, you can feel free to leave a message on my talk page, or, if you like, on the project's talk page. – ClockworkSoul 05:27, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
This month's MCB Collaboration of the Month article is Peripheral membrane protein!
|Peripheral membrane protein
featured article status. Last month's collaboration was RNA interference.
A new Oxbridge user box
ABiochemist...I am currently in the process of writing a user box for all of the colleges that are part of Oxbridge. This template is meant to replace your current college template. Please take a look at the work in progress and comment on it. My main concerns are college abbreviations and color choice. I am using scarf colors for the colleges. Thank you. - LA @ 17:12, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
Please review the map, the work of Tofanelli et al, Hassan et al, and comment in the discussions:
Essentially, the issue is whether J1 dominates in Sudan and the Caucasus at over 60%. John Lloyd Scharf 09:37, 23 August 2011 (UTC)
MfD nomination of Portal:Xray Crystallography
Portal:Xray Crystallography, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Portal:Xray Crystallography and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Portal:Xray Crystallography during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Sven Manguard Wha? 15:38, 15 September 2012 (UTC)