- 1 A welcome from Sango123
- 2 Your RfA
- 3 Hi ALK
- 4 Removal of copyright violation tempate on Taylor Mali
- 5 Don't remove past candidates from poll results
- 6 You are invited...
- 7 File:DSCN1959.JPG listed for deletion
- 8 File:DSCN1964.JPG listed for deletion
- 9 WikiProject Deserts
- 10 Message appearing in contributions – appears to be software error
- 11 Nomination of Caditor for deletion
- If you haven't already, drop by the New user log and tell others a bit about yourself.
- Always sign your posts on talk pages! That way, others will know who left which comments.
- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- Simplified Ruleset
- How to edit a page
- Editing, policy, conduct, and structure tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
- Wikipedia Glossary
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Though we all make goofy mistakes, here is what Wikipedia is not. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to see the help pages or add a question to the village pump. The Community Portal can also be very useful.
P.S. Feel free to leave a message on my talk page if you need help with anything or simply wish to say hello. :)
I recommend you withdraw your nomination. Given that you have been here just 9 days, and have less than 50 edits, it is highly unlikely that it will pass. At this point, we have little on which to judge your behavior and performance on Wikipedia. I recommend you wait until you've been here at least three months, and amass at least 500 edits if not more than 1,000. If you'd like advice or any help, please don't hesitate to ask me. I'd be happy to help you. --Durin 22:33, 2 January 2006 (UTC)
How's it going?
Wikipedia really appreciates your edits! You should take some time to read some of the pages mentioned in your welcome message up there, though. One problem I notice with some of your edits is that they aren't what we call "NPOV": Neutral Point Of View. You can read all about that here, but basically it means comments like this in articles are bad:
- To make it even better, the hike to the summit is only 7 miles! That means you can reach the summit within a day!
Basically, you shouldn't say whether you think something is good or bad. Also, try to write with an encyclopedic tone - that almost always means no exclamation marks! (Of course, none of this counts on talk pages, just in the articles.)
You should also check out WP:CITE, and make sure to say where you get the facts you add to articles.
Hi Alk, I saw your RfA and after looking at your edits I noticed that you wrote the following sentence:
- "Mount Fairweather has one of the worst weather ever. It's name is no exception. Mount Fairweather recieves over 100 inches of precipitation each year and with temperatures around -50 degrees Fahrenheight, it is hardly ever noticed."
Here are a few pointers for a new editor that i hope you will find useful. First, notice that fahrenheit is a red link so there is a good chance it is spelled incorrectly. Using the 'Show preview' option before saving is useful to catch these errors. Also try not to over link in an article. Above, exception, inches and year (i also note that bunchesofgrapes dewikified weather) are probably not worth linking, but, of course, these calls are always subjective. Another good thing is to note the copy editing that is done by other editors on your work. In the sentence above there are places where it is hard to understand the point your are trying to make. Such grammatical errors will soon get caught by other editors and I find it useful to learn from those edits. Have fun editing all the mountains. David D. (Talk) 06:00, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
Your recent edit to Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/ALK (diff) was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to recognize and repair vandalism to Wikipedia articles. If the bot reverted a legitimate edit, please accept my humble creator's apologies – if you bring it to the attention of the bot's owner, we may be able to improve its behavior. Click here for frequently asked questions about the bot and this warning. // MartinBot 17:13, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
Please do not delete content from articles on Wikipedia. Your edits appear to be vandalism and have been reverted. If you would like to experiment, please use Wikipedia:Sandbox for test edits. Thank you.--Kylohk 17:14, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
Your recent edit to Name (diff) was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to recognize and repair vandalism to Wikipedia articles. If the bot reverted a legitimate edit, please accept my humble creator's apologies – if you bring it to the attention of the bot's owner, we may be able to improve its behavior. Click here for frequently asked questions about the bot and this warning. // MartinBot 16:32, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
Removal of copyright violation tempate on Taylor Mali
Someone probably beat me to it. Someone vandalized the page and I tried reverting it but it seems like it was already reverted when I did so. Sorry. ---ALK
Don't remove past candidates from poll results
Opinion polling for the Democratic Party (United States) presidential primaries, 2008 is not a running tally, it is an archive of polls written from a historical perspective. Please do not remove resigned candidates from the article. Rami R 12:19, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
You are invited...
File:DSCN1959.JPG listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, File:DSCN1959.JPG, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. – Quadell (talk) 14:35, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
File:DSCN1964.JPG listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, File:DSCN1964.JPG, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. – Quadell (talk) 15:45, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi I have an idea to create a new wiki project "Weather and Eco systems" which would combine smaller projects like WikiProject Deserts which you have started it would give us more expertise and able to improve articles like List of extreme weather events, tell me your views, Mark999 14:19, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- Just a note that larger projects can coexist with smaller ones. WikiProject Deserts is a subproject of WikiProject Geography. So is WikiProjects Mountains and WikiProject Lakes (or something relating to water I forgot because I'm not a part of it). I could help with that page by adding desert-related weather events but not much else. I may comment more very soon if I find the proper place. If not, I'll comment here. I am no expert when it comes to commenting on this site. --ALK (Talk) 15:34, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- Consider adding your idea here: Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Proposals --ALK (Talk) 17:01, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
Message appearing in contributions – appears to be software error
There appears to be a problem with a few of your recent edits caused by a software error; a message appears at the end of some edits. Although I'm unsure of what it is, it may have been caused by the computer or browser you have used, as I haven't seen the problem elsewhere on Wikipedia. snigbrook (talk) 21:59, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- Just did a little searching and it seems to be caused by the WOT plugin for Firefox. I'll remember to disable it next time I edit. Thanks. --ALK (Talk) 17:38, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Caditor until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on good quality evidence, and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article. Stuartyeates (talk) 09:58, 8 August 2011 (UTC)