Please sign your messages by appending ~~~~ at the end.
Start a new talk topic.
Article about a book
See Kalki Avtar aur Muhammad sahib (book), and the book is written by a non-notable author. Book is evidently promoting historical revisionism. I had also discussed on the talk(page). Don't you think that the article should be nominated for deletion? Bladesmulti (talk) 15:34, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
- Certainly qualifies as a fringe publication, and the current sourcing in the article (essentially this) is too poor to establish notability under WP:NB/WP:GNG. But before taking it to AFD, it would be worth searching for other sources to see if the book had indeed made waves in India on publication (that could make it notable), or whether that is just hype. I'll try and take a look but my time on wikipedia is going to be very limited for the rest of the week; a post at WP:FTN may get quicker attention. Abecedare (talk) 16:04, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
- Did and there are no mention except a few Islamic websites, see Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kalki Avtar aur Muhammad sahib (book). Bladesmulti (talk) 08:45, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for replying on three sections. Can I hope you can deny the rest three as well through the help of confusing wiki guidelines? Indian Stock exchange, Space research and aeronautical engg and Bollywood (adding a pic of bolly not a section). Regarding your saying- it is not a page that will advertise India. Cmeon friend. I have compared it to pages like Estonia and I request you to read what I have written there- "Public holidays in Estonia"- no I think the fact that India is 10 largest stock exchange is much more important. Similarly India being the only nation to reach Mars at first attempt is. So please, be discreet. Mousanonyy (talk) 09:08, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Mousanonyy:I have already pointed you to the relevant polices: WP:DUE, WP:RECENTISM and WP:NPOV and I don't think repeating my comment in six separate sections will be very useful. As for Bollywood images: If you can find a candidate image (certainly freely licensed, and ideally a featured picture) feel free to make a case on the talk page explaining what it adds to the article. But to preempt multiple sub-par nominations, you should know that proposals of the form "image shows actor X, who is a superstar !!!" are unlikely to get any support for inclusion. Abecedare (talk) 22:44, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
Goa was invaded and annexed in 1961 and was fully officially surrendered by Portuguese Republic to the Republic of India in 1974/75 UN TREATY OF SOVEREIGNTY (March 14, 1975). 1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_annexation_of_Goa 2) http://web.stanford.edu/group/tomzgroup/pmwiki/uploads/1074-1962-03-KS-b-RCW.pdf 3) http://web.stanford.edu/group/tomzgroup/pmwiki/uploads/1074-1962-03-KS-a-RCW.pdf 4) http://www.colaco.net/1/treaty.htm
- @Portugal Editor Exploration: I cannot look into this right at this moment but have left a note at India noticeboard requestinng for some more eyes. Note though, that irrespective of who is right on the content issue, continued edit-warring is liable to get you and Qwerty3594 (talk · contribs) blocked. So stop that immediately and discuss the issue of the article talk page instead. Abecedare (talk) 14:27, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Abecedare: Careful with most India editors as they make GOA wholly INDIANISED and the reality of GOA is MANIPULATED AND MESSED up. Please ask International historians WHO ARE PROFESSORS SUCH AS ME.