|Alexf is currently busy and is going to be on Wikipedia in off-and-on doses.|
|This is Alexf's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Alexf.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47|
If you place a comment/question in my Talk page, I will respond here. If I placed a note in your Talk page I will be monitoring it for a short while so you can respond there. This helps keep the thread readable and in one place. Please create all new messages, at the bottom of the page. Follow procedure and always start a new section for a new message.
new HamletHub page
We were blocked by you, due to a couple of reasons, one being that we created the page with a "promotional account" named HamletHub, and also because we did not edit the page for a while. []
I would like to recreate the page with a different username. I will have someone else create the page so it is not at all promotional. HamletHub was recently cited by two notable sources: Columbia Journalism Review http://www.cjr.org/behind_the_news/fairfield_county_local_news.php?page=all and Street Fight Magazine http://streetfightmag.com/2014/02/27/how-one-community-news-project-grew-from-one-blog-to-30-sites-with-more-on-the-way
I wanted to check with you before I created the article to make sure it was ok
My talk page is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:KenDJr
- Promotional? Yes. COI? Yes. Also usernames cannot be shared accounts. "Because we did not edit the page for a while"? No. There is no such requirement. You do not need to check with me. If the article and the subject meet the Golden Rule, then it should be ok. Do read the Plain and Simple Conflict of Interest page to see what other issues you may have. -- Alexf(talk) 16:46, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Hi Alexf. I'm working to make sure all of the noteworthy people of the recording industry have facts available. One of the names I'm trying to provide information on is singer/songwriter and recording engineer Nick Autry. It seems there was a page with his name that has been deleted some time ago. There may be more names in the future as I'm working alphabetical order. Thanks!
- No idea. I am currently out of town working under suboptimal conditions. Please ask at the Tea House or at AN. -- Alexf(talk) 16:48, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
Phaistonian (talk) 11:50, 11 April 2014 (UTC) Regarding deletion on BestPrice.gr
I do understand why BestPrice.gr page looked as candidate for deletion.
Thing is, I tried to write it as objectively as I could since this has happened again in the past.
Yes, I am affiliated with the company, but that's not a reason for the page to be deleted, if I am correct.
I would really appreciate if you would let me know what parts of this items need to change (or be removed) in order to have the article published.
ps: There are so many companies and services like ours, some are way younger and way "smaller" than ours that do have a wikipedia item.
- Aw man. It would be nice if you added a link to the page as requested. Something like BestPrice.gr would have been helpful, especially as you see in the top of this page I have limited web access, so searching through thousands of deletions to find it is not easy. I did the search for you and found the article was deleted because it did not assertnotability. Specifically it did not meet the Golden Rule. What little "sources" it had were to YouTube and to the Google WebStore. Hardly independent and reliable sources. The article also was a sales pitch for phaistosnetworks. As for the other couple of issues, you mention other websites which are not relevant to the discussion. If you think other pages you refer to are also not notable, please nominate them for deletion, or ask in their talk page. Lastly you do have a conflict of interest. That was not the reason the page was deleted as already stated but it is a concern. Please read the Plain and Simple Conflict of Interest page to see the implications. -- Alexf(talk) 14:28, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
Canary Beck unblock
- OK, based on what he says. Personal name, eh? As long as no spamming goes on. -- Alexf(talk) 01:30, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Hi! Thank you for dealing with the speedy deletion of Idin Samimi Mofakham as G11/G12. As the colour of the link will have told you, it's back with us. As far as I can recall it's closely similar to the previous version, and similarly copied/ close-paraphrased from . Can I ask you to deal with it again (perhaps with some salt?), or should I tag it again and let things take their course? Justlettersandnumbers (talk) 16:13, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- Obvious copyvio. Promotional too. Deleted and salted for a few days. Let them write something usable if he is notable. -- Alexf(talk) 21:10, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Archuk-sm (talk) 09:01, 19 April 2014 (UTC) Dear Alex thank you for reminding me about the copyright issue again, but i've already sent an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in April 10th to Declaration of consent, today i sent again from the email adress email@example.com. here i will copy both mails ( as i also did in my Talk page) :
- On 2014-04-19 13:12, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: Dear Sir/Madame,
I hereby affirm that I, Idin Samimi Mofakham, am the creator and owner of the exclusive copyright of web site www.idin-samimi.com .
I agree to publish that work under the free license "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported" and GNU Free Documentation License.
I acknowledge that by doing so I grant anyone the right to use the work in a commercial product or otherwise, and to modify it according to their needs, provided that they abide by the terms of the license and any other applicable laws.
I am aware that this agreement is not limited to Wikipedia or related sites.
I am aware that I always retain copyright of my work, and retain the right to be attributed in accordance with the license chosen. Modifications others make to the work will not be claimed to have been made by me.
I acknowledge that I cannot withdraw this agreement, and that the content may or may not be kept permanently on a Wikimedia project.
Idin Samimi Mofakham (to allow future verification of authenticity)] copyright-holder, director of www.idin-samimi.com April 19 4014
(Reply of my previous Mail - April 10 2014)
Hereby, I, Idin Samimi Mofakham, Iranian composer and musicologist, the owner of the official website of www.idin-samimi.com, accept that the wikipedia has the complete right to use any content published by my website. for any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via this email address or via the contact form on the mentioned website. yours faithfully
Idin Samimi Mofakham
P.S. if there is any official templates for this requests please send me your template so I can fill it and send it back to you.
now im requesting for replace the page with same informaton ( as i've already sent the material to affirm that i am the copyright owner of the mentioned web site and i donated the text under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license and GNU Free Documentation license.
- Please do not copy text of emails. I am not with OTRS and have no say on what the Foundation does. Follow the instructions in DCM or change the copyright text on the website. Also please understand that you have a conflict of interest here. You should not be writing about yourself in Wikipedia. -- Alexf(talk) 11:01, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
Mova Nanova recreated
Mova Nanova, a page you once deleted, has been recreated. You may want to investigate if it has been expanded sufficiently. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 09:59, 20 April 2014 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue XCVII, April 2014
The Bugle is published by the Military history WikiProject. To receive it on your talk page, please join the project or sign up here.
If you are a project member who does not want delivery, please remove your name from this page. Your editors, Ian Rose (talk) and Nick-D (talk) 14:57, 20 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello can you please undelete Martyn Andrews page
I can put more references and proof if you need. I had it on Wikipedia for years and I am a well known tv host and journalist. Was there for 4 years.
I am also keen for it not to look like promotion while at the same time showing all the work I've done like others in the same industry.
Best wishes and thank you for your time.
- You would have to request that from the deleting admin Jimfbleak. Please note you have a serious conflict of interest here and autobiographies are strongly discouraged. Please remember to sign your pages with four tildes. -- Alexf(talk) 12:02, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
I recently created the page Grabyo which you deleted before I had a chance to add references. I work across the media and broadcasting industry and have been following the company for some time. I thought a page on Wikipedia was warranted given the extensive coverage it has received from noteworthy sources such as The Financial Times, Daily Telegraph, TechCrunch, The Next Web etc. I would be grateful if you could verify this via a quick web search and permit me to create a fresh page with references, for other wikipedia users to contribute to.
- The article had no references at all to assert notability. If you do not yet have enough information to pass the Golden Rule then you should work it off line or in a sandbox, not post it to mainspace where, as you saw, it cannot stay and will not last long. Before you do a lot of work on this, make sure you read, and understand, the notability requirements for web content. Please remember to sign your pages with four tildes. -- Alexf(talk) 12:02, 22 April 2014 (UTC)