But I want to START a new page in Sindhi Arabic Script. But while selecting a language, I do not find Sindhi (In Arabic Script). Why is this DISCRIMINATION? Kindly help resolve this problem. Sindhi is written and read much more in Sindhi-ARABIC script than in SINDHI-DEVENAGRI script.
Ahsan Ahmad Ursani
Hello, Aursani, and welcome to Wikipedia! I don't know Sindhi, so I can't help you much. I've moved your post at Talk: Main Page to Talk:Sindhi people, and Talk:Sindhi language. Hopefully, people there can help you. I do have 2 suggestions. Frankly, sd.wikipedia.org is very new. http://sd.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Allpages indicates that there are only a handful of articles. Perhaps you should start an account there and begin entering text that make sense to you. Also, check out http://sd.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Listusers and see who current members there are. You can discuss with them at their talk pages what you think should be done in Sindhi Wikipedia. Hope this helps. Happy editing. Cheers ! --PFHLai 07:52, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Kidnly Let Me Know How to Create A Page in Sindhi ARABIC Script
- 2 I can't read Sindhi in Devenagri script
- 3 Larkana to Larkano and Thatta to Thatto
- 4 Thatta or Thatto
- 5 Hyderabad
- 6 Last Warning
- 7 Sindhi names
- 8 Larkana or Larkano
- 9 Sindhi names
- 10 Compromise
- 11 Karachi page
- 12 List of newspapers in Pakistan
- 13 Names.php
- 14 Image tagging for Image:Gulursanischool.jpg
- 15 License tagging for Image:Gulursani.gif
- 16 Sindhi Civilization
- 17 Sindhi Wikipedia
- 18 Disambiguation link notification for January 19
Kidnly Let Me Know How to Create A Page in Sindhi ARABIC Script
Can someone help me create a new page in Sindhi Arabic Script? While looking for the supported languages, I do not find the option of Sindhi (in Arabic Script). The fact is that the URL
has been taken over by the Sindhi (Devenagri) script that is understood by less than 1000 people arround the world. Can someone help resolve this problem?
Ahsan Ahmad Ursani
- Besides the different scripts, is the language otherwise identical? If so, you may be able to develop an automatic conversion system like that used for the Chinese Wikipedia. That way, users of both Devangari and Arabic scripts could work together.--Pharos 08:23, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
I can't read Sindhi in Devenagri script
I can't read Sindhi in Devenagri script and hence don't know how similar it is and how different it is. It might me containing many words from Hindi, but I am not sure. But what I insist on is that the main Sindhi page of the Wikipedia should be in Sindhi Arabic script, as Sindhi is written, read and understood by millions of Sindhis in Sindhi-Arabic script and not in Sindhi-Devenagri script. Sindhi in its land SINDH is written, read and understood in Sindhi Arabic script and not in Sindhi Devenagri script that is insgnificant even in India. Sindhi was declared official language by the British govt. in Sindhi Arabic script in 1850. Since then, it is used in offices, taught in school and printed in Media in arabic Script only. But unfortunately, the Wikipedia and Wikitionary simply seem to ignore this fact and has failed to provide support for Sindhi Arabic script. While selecting the language option, one doesn't find Sindhi (in Sindhi Arabic script). 126.96.36.199 18:50, 17 February 2006 (UTC) Ahsan Ahmad Ursani
Dear Aursani, I notice you have created these two exact copies of the original articles as well as the Larkano District page. I appreciate that these might be the correct pronunciation in Sindhi but the problem is that in English the two places are still known as Thatta and Larkana. It would help matters enormously if we could redirect your pages to the original pages and if we could insert a sentence or two explaining the different pronunciation. As it happens, I am greatly in favour of the English language changing to take into account the names of other places in their local languages. However, Wikipedia is not the place for this being an encyclopedia. Please feel free to respond either here or on my Talk Page. Green Giant 03:55, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Thatta or Thatto
You should have added the name of Thatta/o in Sindhi and not deleted the Urdu version. Please refrain from removing any info in the future. Vandalism is serious charge.
Siddiqui 16:16, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
You have deleted Hyderabad name in Urdu version. This is your second warning. Please refrain from removing any info in the future. Vandalism is serious charge.
Siddiqui 21:46, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Please discuss your proposed changes in discussion page. Do not delete any info from Wikipedia without discussion. If you persist in unilateral changes then you will be reported to Wikipedia as Vandal. You may banned from using Wkikipedia for limited time. You must reconsider your tactics. Please cooperate and we welcome your contribution to Wikipedia.
Siddiqui 22:10, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
You are welcocome add Sindhi names. But follow Wiki guideline. Just the name name can be in native language. The article remains in English language. Do not translate each and every educational institution name in Sindhi. Please do not use high font and bold.
You are encouraged to start Sindhi version of Wikipedia. Please contact wikipedi in that regard. Your cooperation and contribution are most welcome.
Thankyou for your cooperation
Siddiqui 22:28, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Thankyou for your cooperation
Siddiqui 22:33, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Your are welcome to add Sindhi name of Manora in Manora page and not in Karachi page. Just the title of the article can have different spellings and native name. Do not use high font and bold face. Please follow the Wikipedia standard.
Thankyou for your cooperation
Siddiqui 22:53, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- Please read above note and follow it. Please do not change Karachi page. This is your first day in Wikipedia and don't make it your last day !
23:38, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for the nice polite response on my talk page, but you display the exact angry response I expected. By the way, there is no law against being too Smart :P Perhaps when you have calmed down you will take a moment to think through the sensible approach to this problem. The names of the places are pronounced and written as Larkana and Thatta in English. Let the page title remain as such, and in the first sentence let us have the name in English, followed by both Sindhi and Urdu names in brackets. At the bottom and the left side there can be links to the Sindhi Wikipedia. Also let there be new pages called Larkano and Thatto which redirect to Larkana and Thatta. Give us a list of place names that should also have Sindhi names and I will help you sort out the articles. I had already checked the history of the Sindhi Wikipedia and noted the considerable changes you have made so you have my CONGRATULATIONS on that. Instead of getting angry about this, why not work to solve this problem together? Let's make the necessary changes and if you want any help with Sindhi Wikipedia articles, I am always willing to help although my knowledge of Sindhi is still very low. What do you say? Green Giant 22:21, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
Comment by in Karachi Discussion page:
- == I'll remove other channel names too ==
- If you remove names of Sindhi channels from the page, I'll remove names of other channels as well. Refrain from
- Vandalism. Aursani 17:03, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
Siddiqui 18:49, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
- My apologies Aursani, I wasn't trying to remove Sindhi channels. I was trying to keep the list to a minimum but now that you have highlighted these channels, I won't remove them. Green Giant 22:16, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
I added some Sindhi newspapers in this page. Can you please check and add more newspapers. Please also try to add info and do not remove info. It has taken many people too much time to create and maintain pages. In Zulfikar Ali Bhutto you removed Urdu name and instead replaced it with Sindhi name. I have added back the Urdu version. Please try to add and not replace or remove info unless it is not correct. Siddiqui 00:45, 6 May 2006 (UTC)
- Halló Aursani! The name for the Sindhi language as apearing in the "in other language" section is already changed. The patch will go life to the wikies maintained by the Wikimedia Foundation according to normal procedures. This means that it should change in a few days. See SVN: Names.php?r1=14105&r2=14150. Best regards Gangleri · Th · T 20:01, 10 May 2006 (UTC)
Image tagging for Image:Gulursanischool.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Gulursanischool.jpg. You don't seem to have said where the image came from or who created it. We requires this information to verify that the image is legally usable on Wikipedia, and because most image licenses require giving credit to the image's creator.
To add this information, click on this link, then click "Edit this page" and add the information to the image's description. If you need help, post your question on Wikipedia:Media copyright questions.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
License tagging for Image:Gulursani.gif
Thanks for uploading Image:Gulursani.gif. You don't seem to have indicated the license status of the image. Wikipedia uses a set of image copyright tags to indicate this information; to add a tag to the image, select the appropriate tag from this list, click on this link, then click "Edit this page" and add the tag to the image's description. If there doesn't seem to be a suitable tag, the image is probably not appropriate for use on Wikipedia.
For help in choosing the correct tag, or for any other questions, leave a message on Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. Thank you for your cooperation. --ImageTaggingBot (talk) 15:06, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Hello, Aursani. Concerning your contribution, Sindhi Civilization, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from either web sites or printed material without the permission of the author. This article or image appears to be a direct copy from http://sindh.ws/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=32. As a copyright violation, Sindhi Civilization appears to qualify for deletion under the speedy deletion criteria. Sindhi Civilization has been tagged for deletion, and may have been deleted by the time you see this message. For text material, please consider rewriting the content and citing the source, provided that it is credible.
If you believe that the article or image is not a copyright violation, or if you have permission from the copyright holder to release the content freely under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) then you should do one of the following:
- If you have permission from the author, leave a message explaining the details at Talk:Sindhi Civilization and send an email with the message to "permissions-en (at) wikimedia (dot) org". See Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission for instructions.
- If a note on the original website states that re-use is permitted under the GFDL or released into the public domain leave a note at Talk:Sindhi Civilization with a link to where we can find that note.
- If you own the copyright to the material: send an e-mail from an address associated with the original publication to permissions-en(at)wikimedia(dot)org or a postal message to the Wikimedia Foundation permitting re-use under the GFDL, and note that you have done so on Talk:Sindhi Civilization.
However, for text content, you may want to consider rewriting the content in your own words. Thank you, and please feel free to continue contributing to Wikipedia.
- My apologies for not signing the template. It's here because the article's edit history showed that you were the creator. At any rate, since an admin deleted the article within an hour of the tagging, the copyvio must have been obvious. If you have no recollection, then my advice would be not to sweat it. For safety, you could also change your password. All the best. rudra (talk) 22:34, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
It is excellent to see more pages in Sindhi Wikipedia every week. You should consider having links in Main page (http://sd.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) in section (ٻين ٻولين ۾) for Urdu and Pashtu Wikipedia also. I find it very strange that you excluded these links while you have links of other languages. I look forward for your response. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Misaq Rabab (talk • contribs) 02:31, 12 April 2008 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Matiari District, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Sindhi (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.