Hello and welcome to Wikipedia. This is a talk page. Please respect the talk page guidelines, and remember to sign your posts by typing four tildes. If there is a need to communicate with me please leave a message on my talk page and i will get back to you as soon as i can. When you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion (but never when editing articles), please be sure to sign your posts. There are two ways to do this. Either:
- Add four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment; or
- With the cursor positioned at the end of your comment, click on the signature button ( or ) located above the edit window.
This will automatically insert a signature with your username or IP address and the time you posted the comment. This information is necessary to allow other editors to easily see who wrote what and when.
Role of Francis Xavier in the Goa Inquisition
I noted that you have removed referenced quotes, saying that the books cited can not be verified. Can you elaborate on that a little bit? Are the books unreliable, or do you claim that the contents of the books can not be verified? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:47, 5 January 2015 (UTC)
I am sorry to disappoint you but these are the reasons I felt those lines should be removed:
- WP:COPY Copyright problems specially in case of entire sentences for a book not available in the public domain. Explain the text in your own words and then site the book as your reference. You have to be careful when repeating text.
- WP:NPOV Article loses its neutral point of view. You may think your viewpoint is right but there may be others with a opposing viewpoint. When you use strong text like the one you used it becomes increasingly one sided. Hence try to view articles from both sides.
- Francis Xavier died much before the inquisition, hence it becomes increasingly hypothetical to view his role in the same. The page is about the person, there is a separate page called Goa Inquisition where these things can be mentioned provided you take care of the previous two points.
- Reliability and verification can also be questioned if the following cannot be verified as in your case, the book reference needs to be referenced with the publisher's names, year of publication, full name of the book, author etc. Details Template:Cite book