- 1 Thanks For The Tips!
- 2 Euler
- 3 EA Elections Thanks
- 4 Wikipedia:WikiProject Education in South Africa -- deletion
- 5 Wikipedia:WikiProject_Earth
- 6 Userbox Template Source
- 7 The Novels WikiProject Newsletter - Issue V - October 2006
- 8 Wikipedia:WikiProject Probability
- 9 WikiProject Germany
- 10 Uyghur Wikiproject
- 11 MfD
- 12 Wiki Project On Avril
- 13 RFA
- 14 Thank You
- 15 Welcome!
- 16 Wikiproject Germany
Thanks For The Tips!
Heya, first thanks for stepping in for my project in the discussion page, and I'm also really grateful for giving me some advice on how to improve it! I'll just have to wait and see whether it's kept or not, but if it's voted to be given a chance I'll probably first go to Emo_Music wiki discussion page and add the banner there, plus I'll search the net for sources (like band members interviews) to comply with NPOV policy. If it's okay with you I'll have more questions I'd like to ask once I know the result of the project discussion. I think I've got the way I should edit the template, thanks again!
Iceness 12:39, 1 October 2006 (GMT)
- Just one more thing - do you still keep your decision as a very strong delete on the project? Iceness 00:46, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi. As far as I understand, you have just reviewed the Leonhard Euler article. I'm not sure you are aware of it but the article is currently a Featured Article candidate and your assessment would be most welcome at Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Leonhard Euler. Thanks. Pascal.Tesson 17:20, 2 October 2006 (UTC) Thanks, if you don't mind, I'll link to your message from the FAC debate. Pascal.Tesson 21:23, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
EA Elections Thanks
Hi Bill :)
Thank you so very much for your kind vote. I hope that I can live up to the high standards set by others AC members, and help continue Esperanza down it's wonderful path. All the best, Thε Halo Θ 11:57, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
Wikipedia:WikiProject Education in South Africa -- deletion
I saw your help tag on this article. Since the article is reposted content that was deleted in accordance with an XfD process, I've tagged it for speedy deletion (per WP:CSD#G4. -- Merope Talk 21:30, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- I removed Lewis Henry Morgan from Aurora, Erie County, New York. He was born in the other Aurora in NY. You may want to edit that article instead. Stepp-Wulf 00:34, 6 October 2006 (UTC).
Userbox Template Source
You helped me with a banner for a project page, do you know what template is used to make this box? Template:User WikiProject Punk music
I already assigned a code for a userbox I want to use, but I couldn't add colors or manage the width/alignment of the template correctly:
- Thanks!! If you have a look at the bottom of the project page - I've added the Userbox paragraph which uses a template, and I've also made a wiki template for the banner - both seem to work pretty well. I should be ashamed of myself for not figuring the source-thing, being a webdesigner and all. Again thanks for your time explaining codes - it was really helpful. On Fair Use - I've made a sub-article withing my project /WikiProject_Emo/Project_Icon , I hope it would help - if not can I just take a picture myself and use it? Since I'd be the owner of the copyright in that case.
On the email, I thought it was you who left me a comment via my winterless-iceness.com website . And no worries about that Avril incident, cheers! Iceness 19:35, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
The Novels WikiProject Newsletter - Issue V - October 2006
The October 2006 issue of the Novels WikiProject newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you.
This is an automated delivery by grafikbot -- 20:37, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
I see you removed the inactive template from Wikipedia:WikiProject Probability with recent activity. On the main project page and the talk page there have been no significant edits this year. No one has responded to queries about inactivity. From this I conclude the project is really inactive. Do you have any reason to assume otherwise, or are you thinking of restarting the project. --Salix alba (talk) 18:48, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
I noticed you just created a proposal for a WikiProject about Germany. This idea had actually been floating aroung on WP:GSWN, but it was decided that the scope was too wide and that we would not be able to organize such a large number of articles. We had also considered creating a project just about the German Democratic Republic. User:Kusma was going to draft a proposal but has not done so yet.
I'm actually not sure, I think it would be impossible to organize all articles related to Germany although we would need to find a rather large number of interested editors. I would probably be interested in contributing to this project and will try to inform editors, of whom I know that they are active on WP:GSWN or contribute Germany-related articles.
- It wasn't exactly decided that the scope was too wide. It's just that I chickened out and wanted to try a smaller project first because I was afraid this could become a monumental failure if not planned and organized well (certainly needs a lot of manpower). A WikiProject Germany has been on my wishlist for a while, but it is probably an epic task (and I don't want to be its main organizer, I have enough to do with Portal:Germany). Anyway, some resources you might want to use for your draft can be found here. Maybe you can also use this list of Germany-related Featured Articles (and former FAs that could be brought up again). If you are interested, my GDR (sub-?)project draft can be found here. Kusma (討論) 18:17, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hi, User:Carabinieri has brought to my attention that you are starting a Germany project. This sounds really interesting and I think I'd definetely have a lot to contribute. Please keep me updated and let me know what the status is so far, as well as anything you need help with. (Patrick 04:47, 10 October 2006 (UTC))
Thanks for your comments. I would love to contribute on Uyghur-related topics, but my knowledge of them is pretty weak, so I doubt I'd get anything done. Sorry about that. Mar de Sin Talk to me! 15:40, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for doing so much house-cleaning on derelict Wiki-projects; please do remember, though, to list under the proper Wikipedia day when nominating them. If the day doesn't exist yet, just make it by copy-and-pasting an existing header. As you know, Wikipedia operates under UTC time, meaning a new wiki-day begins at 8 PM EDT in the US. Best wishes, Xoloz 16:15, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Wiki Project On Avril
Ha, thanks! I've messaged the founder on this, so cheers for the heads up. Not sure if some radical members of wiki police wouldn't decide to shut it down for the sake of it, but hopefully not. BTW I did quite alot of updates on my own project today, so I guess it counts as an 'activity'. No new participants yet though, but I'll blame it all on Monday =] . Thanks again for the link. Iceness 22:27, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for pointing out to me that it was merely my page up for deletion, for I was unsure of the difference between the two propositions. And thank you for defending me on the deletion page. I realize I may have been abusing my page, but I will urge myself and others to refrain from continuing that behavior. Sporks.Are.Loverly 01:07, 13 October 2006 (UTC)Sporks.Are.Loverly
Not only biographies but I have contributed to various articles about science and engineering related to Germany. Would be nice to share opinon/ideas on some sort of joint effort. Could also help translate articles from German wikipedia too IrfanAli (talk) 15:59, 13 October 2006 (UTC)