The Olive Branch: A Dispute Resolution Newsletter (Issue #1)
Welcome to the first edition of The Olive Branch. This will be a place to semi-regularly update editors active in dispute resolution (DR) about some of the most important issues, advances, and challenges in the area. You were delivered this update because you are active in DR, but if you would prefer not to receive any future mailing, just add your name to this page.
In this issue:
- Background: A brief overview of the DR ecosystem.
- Research: The most recent DR data
- Survey results: Highlights from Steven Zhang's April 2012 survey
- Activity analysis: Where DR happened, broken down by the top DR forums
- DR Noticeboard comparison: How the newest DR forum has progressed between May and August
- Discussion update: Checking up on the Wikiquette Assistance close debate
- Proposal: It's time to close the Geopolitical, ethnic, and religious conflicts noticeboard. Agree or disagree?
--The Olive Branch 18:50, 4 September 2012 (UTC)
I noticed your username commenting at an Arbcom discussion regarding civility. An effort is underway that would likely benifit if your views were included. I hope you will append regards at: Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Civility enforcement/Questionnaire Thank you for considering this request. My76Strat (talk) 06:11, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Notice of change
Hello. You are receiving this message because of a recent change to the administrator policy that alters what you were told at the time of your desysopping. The effect of the change is that if you are inactive for a continuous three year period, you will be unable to request return of the administrative user right. This includes inactive time prior to your desysopping if you were desysopped for inactivity and inactive time prior to the change in policy. Inactivity is defined as the absence of edits or logged actions. Until such time as you have been inactive for three years, you may request return of the tools at the bureaucrats' noticeboard. After you have been inactive for three years, you may seek return of the tools only through WP:RFA. Thank you. MBisanz talk 00:20, 4 December 2012 (UTC)
- Just reviewed my last 500 edits, which started just under a year ago... hafta say, I am so glad I left! What a waste of time this had become. Don't miss the dhrama at all! The user formerly known as Balloonman! — Preceding
Heya, I hope all is well with you. I feel you might like to click the link above for an interesting BLP issue relating to poker... if only for an interesting conversation! All the best. JaeDyWolf ~ Baka-San (talk) 04:07, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
I noticed ...
The twisted one formerly known as Balloonman04:31, 15 February 2013 (UTC), and for myself? I would absolutely LOVE to see you return. I'm glad to know that you've at least been looking in, and I think the project would benefit immeasurably with your return. Hope all is well in your world. —08:39, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- just to let you know that you're missed and have not been forgotten.
- to share a link to a project that was at one time I believe very close to your heart: Wikipedia:WikiProject Admin Nominators
A year ago, you were the 108th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, repeated in br'erly style. Surprise: PumpkinSky came back (twice), - thank you for supporting him in October, - you flew high and away, we miss you! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:48, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- Two years ago, you were the 108th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:51, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
Notification of appeal
MfD nomination of User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article
User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of User:Balloonman/afd/Moreno Valley Mall/article during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 10:15, 17 May 2013 (UTC)