- 1 Ironman Triathlon
- 2 WikiProject Cleanup
- 3 Upcoming Wikimedia events in Missouri and Kansas!
- 4 not vandalism, please...
- 5 DYK for Mary Beth Ellis
- 6 Come to the First Topeka Meetup, January 15!
- 7 Invitation to join the Darius Dhlomo Drive
- 8 2013 Nebraska Football
- 9 Alan Lipman
- 10 April 2014
- 11 Concerning Proper Referencing
- I appreciate you good faith edits, but despite the 2013 race date, Brasilia will be the host for the 2014 series race - which isn't reflected in the chart yet b/c the 2014 series schedule isn't final. Once a 2014 column has been added to the 70.3 article it will properly reflect the Brasilia location. The 2013 series, which runs from August 19, 2012 through August 11, 2013, had a race already occur in Penha on August 25, 2012. BarkeepChat/$ 13:13, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
Upcoming Wikimedia events in Missouri and Kansas!
You're invited to 3 exciting events Wikipedians are planning in your region this June—a tour and meetup at the National Archives in Kansas City, and Wiknics in Wichita and St. Louis:
not vandalism, please...
Hello! I'm a bit stunned that you identified and reverted my recent edit to FBI Most Wanted Terrorists. I follow 28bot around and revert test edits, junk and stray stuff it identifies as vandalism. My edit was plainly just removing vandalism (an example image jpg file from the article and I identified in my edit summary that). May I get a reprieve or pardon?
Please, I'm not a vandal so please be careful to examine what you are identifying as that. Sorry, I can't yet do all those diffs and links back to my edit....all the best Fylbecatulous talk 15:07, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- My intention was to restore the damage done by 188.8.131.52, not your edit. Unfortunately the edit I made did not completely come out the way. Don't take offense. If I could undo the edit summary I would. You're fine. BarkeepChat/$ 19:22, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
DYK for Mary Beth Ellis
|On 11 September 2012, Did you know? was updated with a fact from the article Mary Beth Ellis, which you created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that after failing to qualify for the 2008 Summer Olympics in triathlon, American Mary Beth Ellis went on to win five Ironman Triathlons, including the 2012 U.S. Championships at Ironman New York? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Mary Beth Ellis. You are welcome to check how many hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, quick check) and it will be added to DYKSTATS if it got over 5,000. If you know of another interesting fact from a recently created article, then please suggest it on the Did you know? talk page.|
Come to the First Topeka Meetup, January 15!
Come celebrate Wikipedia Day with other Kansas Wikipedians sponsored by Wikimedians Active in Local Regions in the United States (WALRUS) and hosted by the Topeka and Shawnee Public Library. Come chat, hang out and enjoy good company while find out more about Wikipedia in our regional community! RSVP at Wikipedia:Meetup/Topeka/Wikipedia_Day.
If you can't come, but still want to find out about events in the greater Topeka region (which may include KC, Manhattan, Lawrence, Salina, or other places where volunteers are interested) sign up for future notifications at Wikipedia:Meetup/Topeka/Invite list.
Invitation to join the Darius Dhlomo Drive
2013 Nebraska Football
- You'll have to be more specific because your edits, in my view, are in contrast to to last paragraph of the WP:Overlink policy. BarkeepChat/$ 02:23, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Barkeep. I see that you have made repeated attempts to protect Alan Lipman against disruptive editing. Your most recent edit to the article was 6 months ago, but you made numerous edits over a period of nearly 3 years (from August 2010 to April 2013), so I thought you might be interested to see discussion relating to this article on my talk page. My main comment on it is here. JamesBWatson (talk) 12:50, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for the heads-up and your edits to reign in some of that editing. I had unwatched the article because I grew tired of the editor(s) who continuously felt the need to add every single television appearance to the article and perhaps lacked the boldness to flat out do a mass removal of the trivial and COI content. I agree with your talking points made to the contributor. BarkeepChat/$ 13:58, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
Welcome to Wikipedia. It might not have been your intention, but your recent edit removed maintenance templates from 2014 Ironman World Championship. When removing maintenance templates, please be sure to either resolve the problem that the template refers to, or give a valid reason for the removal in the edit summary. If this was a mistake, don't worry, as your removal of this template has been reverted. Take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia, and if you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox. Thank you. Armbrust The Homunculus 17:16, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- Please discuss on the article(s)'s talk page on what you feel needs updating. BarkeepChat/$ 17:18, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Concerning Proper Referencing
No, I do not believe that you made a mistake by removing my changes to the Ocarina page. You are correct in the fact that I did not properly reference any of the information I added. This is because there are not many books on the ocarina, and perhaps only one or two actually concerning its history. There also aren't any Internet articles that can be very much relied upon (such as the citations for ocarinaforest.com, a site that has been created by a somewhat knowledgeable but rather uninformed individual). The information I had posted was obtained from years of experience and study - I'd like to point out that I more than doubled the section on the ocarina's history. As I will not cite myself as a source, it seems that you've got me beat. While I can personally guarantee that the information was all true, that won't count for proper verification. In all honesty, I was just trying to be helpful and perhaps correct some misguided notions. But I will not attempt it again. If you and this site are willing to pass up the information I've offered, then it's your loss. I understand your concerns over information that has not been cited properly. For all you know, I could be a crazy person who made all that up. And, though I might tell you it was true, there is no way to definitively convince you otherwise. I might have spent my entire night on that page. I might have been proud of the wrongs I had righted. I might have been disappointed when I checked my email this morning. But I understand and accept your decision (despite being somewhat of a disservice to anyone interested in the ocarina). No hard feelings. Red Weq 14:25, 16 July 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Redweq (talk • contribs)