Hello, sorry about the deletion. I was confused as to what was going on, as other text disappeared (that which makes the National Historic Place Box) and I wasn't sure if that was "you" or me. I added back the text used to create the National Historic Place "box" and accidently deleted your material.Steven C. Price 19:48, 7 October 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Steven C. Price (talk • contribs)
- Since it was accidental it seems unreasonable to have the caution hanging around so I've reverted it from your talk page. I've also done some work on wikifying the article and adding categories, hope you can improve it some more. Bazj (talk) 20:33, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
Thanks. I need to learn how to add the additional categories you included at the bottom re. US National Register of Historic Places, as I've created other pages on historic places but they do not have info. such as this at the bottom of their page. There must be a "template" I can find? I also noticed that you included the category on "occupation." I wasn't sure if I should have included that type of info or not. So in the future I will so include. I'm also in a state of uncertainty re. how much is "too much" information for the description of a Mansion. I can see that for someone that is really interested in this structure/architecture they would appreciate it, but for the general reader not so much. But the general reader probably would not come to this site. So, still confused!Steven C. Price 20:45, 7 October 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Steven C. Price (talk • contribs)
- Looked up the NRHP which mentioned the Robie House and copied the ideas and code from there. Where it mentioned Illinois, searched for the Oklahoma equivalents. I added the Occupation detail because, as a general reader, what was there is about as exciting as an estate agent's (realtor's) sales flyer. For the categories, I use HotCat. Hope that helps. One last thing, sign your messages with 4 tildes, ~~~~, which will expand into a timestamped signature like... Bazj (talk) 11:11, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
Bazj, Thanks. Understanding Hotcat will be my next wiki adventure. Re. the Mullendore Mansion, I will edit out "extraneous" detail. Thanks, Steven C. Price 14:14, 9 October 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Steven C. Price (talk • contribs)
Speedy deletion declined: User:Soric.soricoi/sandbox
Hello Bazj. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of User:Soric.soricoi/sandbox, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: User may simply want to blank his sandbox before reusing it. Thank you. JohnCD (talk) 14:21, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
- Very unlikely in view of the permanent block. Bazj (talk) 14:23, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
- You have a point there, but I still see no reason to delete the blanked page. A WP:CSD#U1 request should come from the actual account, and the user-blanked-page provision of WP:CSD#G7 has an exception for "a userspace page, a category page, or any type of talk page". JohnCD (talk) 18:07, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
Please look at the talk page and remove the speedy deletion tag you placed. She has just won the bronze medal in the team event at the 2014 World Championships and now passes WP:NGYMNASTICS. It's that simple. --Moscow Connection (talk) 13:05, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
By the way, I'm surprised at what happened cause the article clearly states she won a medal at the Worlds, and the medal is listed in the infobox and has been since the first revision. --Moscow Connection (talk) 13:40, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
East Kilbride YM Football Club
with reference to your decision of speedy deletion of'East Kilbride YM Football Club' I would like to make a case for it not being deleted. The club is 78 years old with a significant history and bearing in the community of the new town East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire.Thousands of people have came and went through the club and I have created this page due to the requests from people, old and young, who wish to have the club on wikipedia. I am not affiliated to East Kilbride YM FC as a player or official and actually live in London, previously having stayed in East Kilbride which is where my knowledge of the club and its importance have came from.
This is my first attempt at creating a wikipedia page and hope for it to be the first of many. With this in mind, I would like to ask you for any advice or information that I can use to keep this page on wikipedia and that I can use in future submissions on this site. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ekymfc (talk • contribs) 18:27, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- It looks like you've unwittingly tripped over several stumbling blocks which have combined to give the wrong impression.
- Firstly, your user name, Ekymfc, is OK on its own. When you start editing East Kilbride YM Football Club and East Kilbride YM Annual Invitational Tournament 2014 (and nothing else) it looks like you're acting on behalf of the club and have a conflict of interest. You were close to WP:PROMOTION which would have had your account blocked fairly quickly. So please, take the advice I gave you earlier and change your username. Don't just start editing under another account ~ it'll be seen as devious behaviour.
- Bear the conflict in mind while editing. Your words about East Kilbride F.C., "their own wikipedia page", are revealing. It's not THEIRS. It's an article ABOUT them. We're here to create an encyclopedia, not a promo for East Kilbride YM FC.
- Secondly, the article does nothing to establish the notability of the club. Does it satisfy the necessary criteria for a club? Why are there no independent verifiable sources for the claims?
- Next, apart from 4 links in the first paragraph (football, East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, and Scottish Amateur Football League) it doesn't link to anything else on wikipedia.
- You mentioned East Kilbride F.C. for comparison. Look at it objectively. Nearly every sentence has a reference to an external source that backs up the detail. It has links to the league in which they compete. It belongs to categories so it can be found in a wider context. It doesn't name everybody because, when it comes to notability, the level required of players is even higher, see WP:NSOCCER.
- Finally, your draft was coming along. I don't see the point of doing that then skipping the review stage which would have been a lot more constructive and less confrontational than having your work marked for deletion.
- Happy editing. Regards, Bazj (talk) 19:51, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
Mumbai Monthly Meet (MMM)
The program has been organized by my alma mater since 1996. It is an education institution of international importance and the program has helped alumni around the globe connect with the institute holistically for many noble causes. IITB is one of the best technical education institution in India and is not a private organization. It is owned by Government of India. Hope you will reinstate the article. I have already given two references there. Regards, Mahavir Sohanlal Jain — Preceding unsigned comment added by MahavirjainIITB (talk • contribs) 13:51, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not an admin, I can't restore, not even if the article were worth restoring.
- Nobody's disputing that IITB is notable. But notability is not inherited. MMM doesn't become notable because of its association with IITB.
- You have a conflict of interest in that your username implies a close link between you and IITB. I'll leave a note on your userpage.
- Regards, Bazj (talk) 14:48, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
I am a first time contributor. The username "mahavirjainIIT" I created simply because I am an alumnus (award winner) of IITB. If you say so, I can change my username to "mahavirjain" only and make request again. Please tell me if that can help. Regards, Mahavir Sohanlal Jain — Preceding unsigned comment added by MahavirjainIITB (talk • contribs) 15:26, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
- That sounds good. WP:CHU is the place to request the change. You've made few enough edits that it may be easier just to sign up again as mahavirjain, so long as you switch over to the new account completely and never use mahavirjainIIT again. Using two accounts can lead to serious problems.
- Happy editing, Regards Bazj (talk) 15:38, 18 October 2014 (UTC)