- 1 Manchester meetup
- 2 I hate to say it...
- 3 Train the Trainers refresher 2014
- 4 Irish Sea
- 5 Leeds
- 6 And (from memory)
- 7 File source problem with File:China USA Locator.svg
- 8 Suggestions
- 9 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 10 Oxford 21
- 11 Mediterrenean / Deforestation during the Roman period
The venue choice is moot for me, as unfortunately I cannot attend. I'm a member of a Manchester-based running club, so the Great Manchester Run is quite a big day in our calendar. For the first time in a few years I'm not actually running in it, but I'll be out on the course somewhere cheering on clubmates. Oldelpaso (talk) 21:45, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sorry but I can't attend. It's a bit of a mystery how someone used my signature to sign up for the meet. Perhaps they used my computer when I was logged in but not looking. I've left a similar note on the meet up page. Jodosma (talk) 07:13, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
I hate to say it...
... but I have reverted all your edits on List of Sega Saturn games. Not because your edits are faulty in any way or that I don't appreciate your efforts, but you were fixing problems deliberately introduced by a vandal/sockpuppeteer. 20:42, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
- I can't see anything particularly wrong with Kevbrook's edits (other than the links to dab pages that were introduced) - certainly not something that I'd describe as "vandalistic". I don't think it is helpful to revert edits made by a sockpuppet, if those edits are actually productive and NPOV. Block the account by all means, but leave the useful work done by the account intact. There is also nothing on Kevbrook's talk page about sockpuppetry. So why did you revert? I think that your revertion was actually more damaging than his edit. (And I'm not just saying this out of sour-grapes because you reverted my cleanup effort - if there was a genuine need to revert then fair enough.) Bazonka (talk) 06:23, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- For more info about the guy: Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/NYCSlover. Serial sockpuppeteer. Even with your fixes, he would have added the same text in a few weeks again, reintroducing the links to disambiguation pages again, as he did many times before. A bad edit can happen, dozens of them not especially when they have the same pattern (and often exactly the same text) on the same articles. 09:48, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- If somebody is being a sockpuppeteer it doesn't imply that all of his edits are acts of vandalism. And if I can recall it right, I think in the past you have been blocked for calling changes to articles as "vandalism". Dmatteng (talk) 11:00, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
Train the Trainers refresher 2014
Are you going to the refresher on the 28th? I have created a page for it wmuk:Train the Trainers refresher 2014. Signing-up there isn't compulsory, but we can use the page to coordinate and discuss what we want to get out of the day.
I have exchanged a map with wrong bathymetry for a map with correct bathymetry. But also my map distinguishes general ferry ports and freight ports. I beg your pardon, if the term "frame" in the key was wrong.
See you there mate. I'm in the process of inviting all Yorkshire wikipedians. We need a better turn out than last time haha. I'm also trying to get future meet ups in Leeds advertised in the wikiproject Yorkshire news letter. Regards IJA (talk) 17:36, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
And (from memory)
- You should never bath in an Irish Stew!
- It's a most ridiculous thing to do -
- But, should you persist against my reasoning,
- Be sure to add the appropriate seasoning.
File source problem with File:China USA Locator.svg
If the necessary information is not added within the next days, the image will be deleted. If the file is already gone, you can still make a request for undeletion and ask for a chance to fix the problem.
Please refer to the image use policy to learn what images you can or cannot upload on Wikipedia. Please also check any other files you have uploaded to make sure they are correctly tagged. Here is a list of your uploads. If you have any questions or are in need of assistance please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 00:23, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping.
Mediterrenean / Deforestation during the Roman period
Hi Bazonka, I'm thankful for improvements but doubt that the link to Deforestation during the Roman period should have been erased. The Deforestation article itself shows the weaknesses Grove and others refer to, as it is based resepctively a main tenet of the old but debunked narrative of "everything was Eden till the Romans came". I have made some remarks on the talk page of the deforestation article. I am somewhat surprised that users seem angry about my contributions and would like to enhance and elaborate the environmental history there aspect in good vibes.
If you would like to have a look on my last work of WP art, have a look on User:Serten/Popular image of red indians in Germany ;) Cheers Serten (talk) 19:07, 23 September 2014 (UTC)
- The reason I deleted those words is because they made no sense, and I wasn't able to turn them into meaningful English. Bazonka (talk) 19:25, 23 September 2014 (UTC)