User talk:Black Falcon
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved.|
You're back? Dunno how I missed that. lol
Anyway, nice to see you around : ) - jc37 05:41, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Likewise! :)
- How've you been? -- Black Falcon (talk)
- Not too bad. Probably have been doing far more reading than editing, but shifting the balance on that a bit of late.
- One thing that's odd to see is that, even more than in the past, CfD has become ILIKEIT choices.
- Back before I was an admin even, I seem to remember citing articles and checking references. Like when discussing the name of a college, actually going to the college webite, finding out what they call themselves, and then linking to that in the discussion.
- Did due diligence die? - jc37 08:32, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
Motto of the Day Help Request April 2014
Motto of the Day (WP:MOTD) is in a state of emergency and really needs your help! There are not enough editors who are reviewing or nominating mottos at Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/In review, and this probably means that you will notice a red link or “This space for rent” as our mottos for the next weeks and months.
Please take a moment to review the nominations and nominate your own new mottos at Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/In review and Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/'Specials. Any help would be appreciated! MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 09:13, 29 April 2014 (UTC)
- This message has been sent by pjoef on behalf of Motto of the Day to all editors of the English Wikipedia who are showing MOTD's templates on their pages, and to all the participants to MOTD: (page, template, and category).
Hello Black Falcon do you do you remember me when my username used to be neptunekh I have a gemstone question for you: does phantom quartz come ever in a silver or grey colour? Thanks Black Falcon! Venustar84 (talk) 17:14, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
List of specialist schools
- Listify to List of specialist schools or to multiple lists of schools by field of specialization. A temporary administrative designation (typically 5-10 years since the program did not really take off until the early 2000s) is not a particularly defining characteristics of these schools; these details are appropriate for a stand-alone list but less so as a basis for categorization. -- Black Falcon (talk) 18:42, 20 April 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
Appears to be an error
All major news outlets are reporting that the Malaysian flight was shot down, and there is a consensus to post that fact. There is not going to be an "official" finding for months or years. The ITN criteria is to follow the reliable sources. Please reverse your edit or I will do so on your behalf should you be unavailable to reply, as this is a very timely matter that should not linger. Thank you. Jehochman Talk 00:00, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- It looks like you've been offline for about 5 hours and might not return for a while, so I've proceeded to update the blurb. All major, reliable news reporting says that the plane was shot down. We should not yet say who did the shooting, though the reports and theories are going to be covered in the article. Please discuss with me before reverting. Please feel free to email me for urgent attention. Thanks. Jehochman Talk 00:07, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for notifying me, but your statement is incorrect: some major news sources (such as NYT) are reporting that MH17 was shot down and some (such as BBC) are reporting that MH17 is suspected to have been shot down. I have responded to your comment at WP:ITN/C so that we can try to keep the discussion in one place. Thanks, -- Black Falcon (talk) 00:53, 20 July 2014 (UTC)