- 1 Emptiness
- 2 EotW
- 3 Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool
- 4 Editor of the Week summary
- 5 Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Collect_and_others
- 6 Happy . . .
- 7 Arbitration case
- 8 Please comment on Talk:List of most widely spoken languages (by number of countries)
- 9 Almost Editor of the Week
- 10 The Signpost: 13 May 2015
- 11 I don't think
- 12 This week's article for improvement (week 21, 2015)
- 13 Today's articles for improvement
- 14 The Signpost: 20 May 2015
- 15 Please comment on Talk:A Voice for Men
- 16 This week's article for improvement (week 22, 2015)
- 17 TAFI week 22, 2015 update
- 18 Today's articles for improvement weekly vote
- 19 IUAPPA
- 20 Please comment on Talk:List of largest cities in the European Union by population within city limits
- 21 100,000 edits!
- We put thirty spokes together and call it a wheel;
- But it is on the space where there is nothing that the usefulness of the wheel depends.
- We turn clay to make a vessel;
- But it is on the space where there is nothing that the usefulness of the vessel depends.
- We pierce doors and windows to make a house;
- And it is on these spaces where there is nothing that the usefulness of the house depends.
- We spend endless hours to create an online encyclopedia;
- But it is on the 'to be edited' space that the effort lives.
- Therefore just as we take advantage of what is, we should recognize the usefulness of what is not.
- Done . Buster Seven Talk 20:47, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- I nominated someone today. My nomination needs some "technical assistance" due to my weak internet access. I left a note in the nom that GP should look at. The news of my death was quite premature. ... John from Idegon (talk) 06:54, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- We each got a double-header today. Thanks! . Buster Seven Talk 20:47, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- There are now 10 nominations waiting to be moved to Accepted and one more "on hold". Well Done!! . Buster Seven Talk 03:02, 10 May 2015 (UTC)
I see that you have added a lot of what appears to be WP:OR to Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool. I have tagged a lot of things that will be removed if you don't add proper WP:ICs from WP:RSs.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 01:50, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- @TonyTheTiger:. Please be patient. I guarantee that what I have added are facts. My source is from within the Lily Pool documentation. I'm sure I will be able to find Quality reliable secondary sources but it might take a few days 'cause I am busy with RL responsibilities. I hope you can grant a veteran editor from Chicago a little bit of a time leeway. As for the Location thread, none of those come from me. I will, however also search them out when time permits. . Buster Seven Talk 02:46, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- But... one small thing. Other than your quick whistle on what you call "OR" don't you think I improved the article. I don't need you approval but, from one editor to another, it would be nice to hear what you thought was good rather than just hear what you thought was bad. . Buster Seven Talk 02:56, 5 May 2015 (UTC).
Editor of the Week summary
I just noticed this edit that you added to the summary of Editor of the Week. In my view, it's not really a good summation of the criteria: as we discussed when we established the criteria, we were looking for a way to recognize someone's continued good work over some period of time. We did discuss how it could recognize a single key achievement, such as bringing an article to Good Article status. But I don't see it as a thank you for a discrete event that was appreciated; as we have mentioned numerous times, it recognizes good behaviours and ways of contributing that improve the project. (And editorially speaking, the sentence lacks a neutral point of view, and is a bit too informal for my taste.) I realize management of the recognition is primarily in your hands (and a few others), so if you feel that the direction of Editor of the Week has changed in this way, that's fine; just be aware that we picked the scope of Editor of the Week very deliberately, and my personal feeling is that shifting to a "thanks for X" mode diminishes its impact and makes it less distinguishable from other barnstars. isaacl (talk) 21:12, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- Isaacl, feel free to remove it. It showed up while vetting Intothatdarkness as a comment he made some time back. I thought it fit, but maybe you don't. By all means, remove it. . Buster Seven Talk 21:17, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
This arbitration case has been closed and the final decision is available at the link above.
1. Collect is banned from any page relating to or making any edit about US politics or US political figures, in any namespace. This ban may be appealed no earlier than 18 months after its adoption.
2. Collect is indefinitely limited to one revert per article in any 24 hour period. This restriction excepts the reversal of unambiguous vandalism.
Happy . . .
. . . Mothers Day!
There's been no discussion of the editor retention project per se in the case evidence, just links to the edits of the editor in question. So no defense is needed, and I don't anticipate any issues coming up in future, as it's the person's behaviour that is in question, not the views or opinions held. isaacl (talk) 00:48, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:List of most widely spoken languages (by number of countries)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:List of most widely spoken languages (by number of countries). Legobot (talk) 00:07, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
Almost Editor of the Week
|Almost Editor of the Week|
|Under the procedures of Editor of the Week, your nomination having been submitted, seconded and supported, you definitely should have been awarded this, and it was only because you graciously declined the award that it did not go to you. In recognition of that, on behalf of all who supported the nomination, I would like to present you with the (first ever!) Almost Editor of the Week barnstar for all of your hard work on Wikipedia.|
I submitted the following nomination for Editor of the Week:
- This is a bit of an odd nomination. I know it is against custom and probably a bit presumptuous, but I can't name anyone who deserves an eddy more, so I am nominating our good friend Buster7 to be Editor of the Week for all of his work in WikiProject Editor Retention, for his commendable efforts in improving articles, for his work in the Co-op program, for his wikilove, for his work at the Help Desk, for his 41k+ edits and 13k+ mainspace edits, and generally in appreciation of his almost seven years of active service on Wikipedia. I've had the pleasure of working with him in this Wikiproject and via email, and briefly part of the Co-op program, and it has been an absolute honor. Buster, knowing you, you'll probably decline this- and feel free to if you so choose- but let's see if we can get this nomination seconded before he gets around to declining it. Buster7, a huge thank you for your service on Wikipedia.
The following editors seconded or supported this nomination:
- John Carter (talk) 16:13, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- ―Mandruss ☎ 16:25, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- John from Idegon (talk) 23:07, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- --Tito Dutta (talk) 02:09, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
- — Yash! (Y) 05:34, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
- Gandydancer (talk) 22:51, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you, "L", for your kind words. And let it be known, far across WikiLand, that I appreciate you and all the other WER clerks and all the nominators over the years that have made the Eddy a success. I didn't do it alone. . Buster Seven Talk 12:36, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 13 May 2015
- Foundation elections: WMF Board candidates share their views with the Signpost
- In the media: Grant Shapps story continues; Wikipedia's "leftist ties"
- Featured content: Four first-time featured article writers lead the way
- Traffic report: Round Two
I don't think
that I ever thanked you for your delightful and spirit raising poem. So I am doing so now. I keep waiting for life to get simpler and it just continues to get more complex. Not in a bad way, just not in a way that leads to wikiediting. Though the biography I am slowly reading on Clarence Darrow may yet yield fruit. I want you to be sure that both your honeyed words and your intention were appreciated. Life is good, Carptrash (talk) 15:42, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
This week's article for improvement (week 21, 2015)
Today's articles for improvement
- Hello Buster7:
- This week's voting for TAFI's upcoming weekly collaboration has begun at Week 24 of 2015. Thanks for participating!
The Signpost: 20 May 2015
- News and notes: A dark side of comedy: the Wikipedia volunteers cleaning up behind John Oliver's fowl jokes
- From the editor: Your voice is needed: strategic voting in the WMF election
- In the media: Jimmy Wales accepts Dan David Prize
- WikiProject report: Cell-ebrating molecular biology
- Arbitration report: Editor conduct the subject of multiple cases
- Featured content: Puppets, fungi, and waterfalls
- Traffic report: Inner Core
Please comment on Talk:A Voice for Men
This week's article for improvement (week 22, 2015)
TAFI week 22, 2015 update
Please note that Personality is also an article for improvement for week 22, 2015. Thank you.
Today's articles for improvement weekly vote
- Hello Buster7:
- This week's voting for TAFI's upcoming weekly collaboration has begun at Week 25 of 2015. Thanks for participating!
- Good luck with future editing. If, at any time, i can be of assistance, please feel free to ask . Buster Seven Talk 00:08, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:List of largest cities in the European Union by population within city limits
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:List of largest cities in the European Union by population within city limits. Legobot (talk) 00:02, 27 May 2015 (UTC)