|This is Calvin999's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Calvin999.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23|
- The inclusion of the first three albums has been discussed at length on Talk:Title (Meghan Trainor album). With the consensus to list the three albums, it was decided that Trainor has enough material for a discography. It saddens me that there is nothing in your comment that I can improve on. Can I please get a reply from you as to how Trainor is less notable than Lorde, Iggy, Charli, AshleyTisdale and Carly? I believe that the FL is not the place to discuss deletion. All About That Bass (A word?? / Stalking not allowed...) 11:04, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi MaranoFan. I wasn't apart of those discussions about listing those three albums in her discography so I can't comment on that. My oppose is not representative of me thinking that you haven't worked hard or that there is nothing you can improve on. I can see you've spent time on it (I know it is time consuming when multiple tables are involved), and there were things I can see an issue with. But, as I believe the list is not notable, I didn't see the point of listing things to improve, because, with respect, you can't just make up new material to include in order for me to think that it would become notable. With regard to the other singers you mention, it kind of falls under WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS. We aren't talking about those singers respective discographies here, we are talking about Trainor's, and my oppose with the reasons given still stands. However, when people say WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS to me, it does annoy me, so I will give a comment about each of those singer's discographies that you mention. Lorde's I would have opposed on the same basis as Trainor's; Iggy Azalea's I would have supported, because she has released essentially two albums (both have different material), has released more singles and has made a lot of guest appearances; Charli XCX I would support because has released two albums, a fair amount of singles, multiple guest appearances and multiple songwriting credits for other singers; Ashley Tisdale I would support per Azalea and XCX with regard to two albums and a lot more singles than Trainor; Carly Rae Jepsen I would probably abstain from voting, because yes she has released two albums with a third on the way, but she hasn't released many singles. Meghan Trainor has the smallest discography out of all those whom you mention. — ₳aron 11:53, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
The second round one has all wrapped up, and round three has now begun! Congratulations to the 34 contestants who have made it through, but well done and thank you to all contestants who took part in our second round. Leading the way overall was Cas Liber (submissions) in Group B with a total of 777 points for a variety of contributions including Good Articles on Corona Borealis and Microscopium - both of which received the maximum bonus.
Special credit must be given to a number of high importance articles improved during the second round.
- Coemgenus (submissions) was one of several users who worked on improving Ulysses S. Grant. Remember, you do not need to work on an article on your own - as long as each person has completed significant work on the article during 2015, multiple competitors can claim the same article.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) took Dragonfly to Good Article for a 3x bonus - and if that wasn't enough, they also took Damselfly there as well for a 2x bonus.
- LeftAire (submissions) worked up Alexander Hamilton to Good Article for the maximum bonus. Hamilton was one of the founding fathers of the United States and is a level 4 vital article.
The points varied across groups, with the lowest score required to gain automatic qualification was 68 in Group A - meanwhile the second place score in Group H was 404, which would have been high enough to win all but one of the other Groups! As well as the top two of each group automatically going through to the third round, a minimum score of 55 was required for a wildcard competitor to go through. We had a three-way tie at 55 points and all three have qualified for the next round, in the spirit of fairness. The third round ends on June 28, with the top two in each group progressing automatically while the remaining 16 highest scorers across all four groups go through as wildcards. Good luck to all competitors for the third round! Figureskatingfan (talk · contribs · email), Miyagawa (talk · contribs · email) and Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email) 16:26, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Lookit, thanks for listing it at ANI, I have replied there. I never made a personal attack against you, certainly against your arguments, but that is the rough and tumble of RfD. I was never incivil or rude to you and the record shows that. Can't we just get along and make the encylopaedia better? I have held out the olive branch and you have turned that down. There is nothing else I can do. If I have genuinely hurt you, I sincerely say sorry, because that is not my aim: I want to improve Wikipedia and argue vigorously but politely. I never swore at you, I never cast aspersions at you, never said anything wrong about you, so there was no personal attack. I was just arguing, as we do, for what I thought was the best outcome for various redirects. I may have a different style from you, but I am sure we are both aiming to make Wikipedia better and that people come in different directions is good, not bad. But you have to get used to the cut and thrust of it. I don't take personal offence when someone disagrees with me: if you look at WP:RFD, you'll see even on the current listings I changed my mind because User:Tavix had a better suggestion than I did. I'm quite willing to be wrong but I am not nasty. Si Trew (talk) 12:48, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, but you are, Si. You just seem not to realise it. Like me, you can be extremely gruff sometimes and in venues such as deletion discussions it really doesn't work very well. Aaron, best just to ignore when this sort of thing happens: RfD is a particularly rarified area and Si has made it his home. - Sitush (talk) 12:52, 6 May 2015 (UTC)