|Green Box Links to Barnstars, Archives, Other Stuff
ON A LONG WIKIBREAK! YAY!!
Last of the Mohicans
|The Working Man's Barnstar|
|For being the "Last of the Mohicans"--one of the few women who has not been driven off the Gender Gap Task Force or the GGTF ArbCom case.|
Hi, Carolmooredc. I have seen this rather amusing barnstar floating around and cannot think of anyone who deserves it more than you do. You have continued to Assume Good Faith, and have patiently answered even the most hostile statements, long after anyone else would have lost patience and concluded that they were being trolled. Just for the record, this is no longer a gender-specific barnstar, but the irony of the original version is just too perfect. Regards, —Neotarf (talk) 13:50, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. I actually looked up WP:NOTSUICIDE and I don't get it. As I asked at talk "Does it mean we can kick obvious trolls butts? Or that we should quit rather than commit suicide?" Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 13:56, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
Feminists Engage Wikipedia
|The Feminists Engage Wikipedia Award!|
|If Adrianne Wadewitz were here, she'd give you this award for all you have done! Djembayz (talk) 23:28, 10 November 2014 (UTC)|
- Back at ya! But you know my definition of feminist: any woman who doesn't take any bull in any part of her life. So that's most of 3.6 billion women on the planet :-) Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 23:55, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
Kittens and puppies for helpful and friendly editors
Don't have energy to post separately. These are for those who have seen through the nonsense of the last six months, whether or not you have yet chosen to speak out.
Also feel free to delete any of those negative/nasty/harassing comments I always get if anyone leaves them here, since I probably won't be allowed to.
Your return is eagerly awaited !!!!
Loved the kittens !!! Lots of people eagerly await your return. IMO, you are getting the rough treatment because they were powerless to protect you from those out to harass you. So, they cover their own weakness in this way. What other option do they have ? In a way, I approve that you should leave, rather than suffer for contributing in a community which failed you with its inability to stop the harassers. Best.OrangesRyellow (talk) 15:24, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- Being a glass half-filled optimist, I see reform as inevitable, even if I retire to my jacuzzi and my polo matches. Right... Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 15:27, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- Hmmm, gives me yet another idea. A quickie video like on Talking Dead with the names of "this decades departed" scrolling by to dirge music with faded death masks as background. Of course, I'm sure there were a few who really did deserve it. I even supported one myself once! Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 16:23, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Special Barnstar|
|Please accept this barnstar in recognition of your attempts to change the current culture of Wikipedia. I hope you return with a renewed passion for the project and keep your sense of humour. In the meantime, do take a look at other open knowledge projects, there are plenty that deliver excellent worthwhile outcomes, not only encyclopaedias. Commons, for example, has far less self-feeding dramah and far fewer wikilawyers. Fæ (talk) 17:22, 28 November 2014 (UTC)|
Thank you for the adorable kittens! I may have a dog now but I grew up a cat person and I still love them.
I wish things had worked out differently. I hope to see you back as soon as possible. Until then, may your days be filled with relaxation, happiness, and kittens. Ca2james (talk) 17:23, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- Guess Wikipedia needs a wikilove puppy lobby! Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 22:49, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
A pie for you!
|Many thanks for the adorable kitten you delivered to my talk page. I have used it as an ingredient in this delicious hot meat pie; please have a slice and take a moment to savour the taste and enjoy simpler pleasures. (Or, if vegetarian pies are preferred, you could leave this one for meat-eating friends.) I hope to see you back on Wikipedia sooner rather than later. Gender equality here needs all the help it can get - not to mention civility, neutrality, and other oft-ignored principles. --Demiurge1000 (talk) 17:54, 28 November 2014 (UTC)|
- Mucho gracias, senor naughty! Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 22:48, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for the kitten, which I will move to my user page. If you mean that Wikipedia was dragging you in and that the ArbCom case is letting you try something else in your retirement, so be it. But if you choose to come back after your time is served, you won't be a septuagenarian, but still a sexagenarian. I can do the arithmetic as well as you can, except that I don't have to do the arithmetic, because I'm a '48er also. I'm not that far from you either in time or in space (only, evidently, in gender). My sympathies or something.
- Onward and upward and all that. I'm in ward 5. Met Barry in 1988 and he was definitely a charismatic figure. Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 04:44, 29 November 2014 (UTC)
- Good luck Carol! I just saw the news of your ban, and find that rather unfortunate. We need more people voicing in a radical way critiques of gender equality on Wikipedia, and its a real shame that it came back to bite you. I didn't follow the conversation, but hope it doesn't discourage you from continuing in some capacity in shaping the Wikimedia community to better recognize harassment in the community. Sadads (talk) 19:52, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Will just drop here, for anyone interested, that Slate published an article today noting the incredible results of the arbitration, very negative piece. --Milowent • hasspoken 20:01, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Interesting to see a summary from an external world view. I have added the link to Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration_Committee/Noticeboard#Wikipedia:Arbitration.2FRequests.2FCase.2FInteractions_at_GGTF_closed. --Fæ (talk) 20:36, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Hm, that's quite a solid source for an entry at list of Wikipedia controversies. Tarc (talk) 21:02, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- FYI, I kept providing this link to editors and Arbitrators during Arbitration to show just how obsessed the media is with Wikipedia's gendergap, but they didn't believe me: Wikipedia gender gap-related Media hits. (Note: I only made the Slate-quoted comment after Arbcom voted to ban me.) Carolmooredc (Talkie-Talkie) 02:12, 12 December 2014 (UTC)