Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, your addition of one or more external links to the page Jonathan Bate has been reverted.
Your edit here to Jonathan Bate was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to remove links which are discouraged per our external links guideline. The external link(s) you added or changed (http://jonathanbate.blogspot.com/) is/are on my list of links to remove and probably shouldn't be included in Wikipedia. If the external link you inserted or changed was to a blog, forum, free web hosting service, fansite, or similar site (see 'Links to avoid', #11), then please check the information on the external site thoroughly. Note that such sites should probably not be linked to if they contain information that is in violation of the creator's copyright (see Linking to copyrighted works), or they are not written by a recognised, reliable source. Linking to sites that you are involved with is also strongly discouraged (see conflict of interest).
If you were trying to insert an external link that does comply with our policies and guidelines, then please accept my creator's apologies and feel free to undo the bot's revert. However, if the link does not comply with our policies and guidelines, but your edit included other, constructive, changes to the article, feel free to make those changes again without re-adding the link. Please read Wikipedia's external links guideline for more information, and consult my list of frequently-reverted sites. For more information about me, see my FAQ page. Thanks! --XLinkBot (talk) 23:56, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
- Frankly, this seems to me to be mistaken. Bates' own blog should be included as an external link to his article. Paul B (talk) 17:31, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
- The problem with photos is that you need to ascertain copyright. I see the website says the photos are "available for media use". You could ask on the regulars on Wikipedia commons what the appropriate copyright tag should be. I don't know what the situation is with the Garber photo. BTW, don't inset your paragraphs with the space-bar. You need to add a colon if you want to inset. Look at the message you left of my talk page to see the result! Paul B (talk) 20:53, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- The Sandman: Worlds' End (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- The Sandman: Fables & Reflections (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Kent Williams
- The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Paul Wilson
- The Sandman: Season of Mists (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to George Pratt
- The Sandman: The Wake (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to John Ridgway
WP Poetry and The Canterbury Tales task force
As someone who is listed as a participant for WikiProject Poetry, I hope you will be interested to learn of an attempt to revive the WP and alongside this the creation of task force to improve coverage of The Canterbury Tales. We are currently looking for participants to help set up the basics. Please get involved if you can, and we can hopefully revive this important project within Wikipedia! Many thanks, MasterOfHisOwnDomain (talk) 18:38, 14 December 2012 (UTC)