Talk page archives.
- Hello and welcome to my talk page! Click the + button at the top of the page to create a new discussion or use any of the "edit" buttons to contribute to an already existing discussion.
- Postings made in the form of haiku will be given first priority.
the guy with the Asian character name you recently blocked at ANEW
Sorry, on my phone and it won't copypasta. The guy in question keeps blanking the block notice oft his talk page. Also, he seems to be nearly illiterate in English. John from Idegon (talk) 07:26, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Time to revoke talkpage access, he keeps modifying the block notice and clearly does not know how to edit or communicate in English. QED237 (talk) 13:38, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- There seems to be a significant language barrier. Chillum 18:18, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
I love how the same user manages to register his username after yesterday's vandal-fest and decides to cause trouble on me and the others once again. How cute of him, all while I was asleep... anyway, thank you for that. Let's hope he doesn't cause anymore problems to Wikipedia again. Jon the VGN3rd (talk) 16:52, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- I suspect a bored school child. Chillum 16:53, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Is this okay?
I probably should have asked first, but I’ll self-revert if advised—is this edit acceptable in light of our earlier conversation? It’s partially a revert of , but it affects only my own Talk comment whose removal I consider vandalism. —22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:24, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- WP:NOT3RR says Reverting edits to pages in your own user space, so long as you are respecting the user page guidelines. is exempt. Article talk pages are not exempt. They are public space and their contents are based on consensus. Unless you have a clear understanding of our edit war rules I would suggest not reverting at all for at least a few days.
- Insisting on continuing a topic once it has been already discussed and closed is not appropriate. Non-admin closures are allowed, but since you want an admin closure I have closed it. Chillum 21:28, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
I think you misunderstood. I didn’t want a closure, admin or otherwise; I wanted to know how to abide by the text that the prior RFCs had failed to remove, which unless I’m mistaken was not discussed on that page or anywhere else. Can you advise? Thanks. —126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:35, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- The matter has been discussed repeatedly and the community is clearly tired of debating this with you. You have been heard out. My advice is to move onto another topic area. Chillum 21:36, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
I wasn’t trying to debate anymore. I wouldn’t be asking how to do the thing if I was still trying to get it to stop saying to do the thing. I accept that the guidance is there by consensus, so how do we follow it? That’s all I’ve been asking. —188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:50, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- The answer on how we determine a series title is the same as how we determine everything else in an article, consensus and reliable sources. Chillum 21:55, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Finally, some kind of answer from someone. That’s all I was looking for. Thank you. The confusion was just over the wording; I thought “series subject” in that context meant something other than “title it like we do any other article.” But now I know. —184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:00, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Can I ask you to include that answer in your close or in the discussion itself? It still looks there like the question was never answered or even acknowledged. (Which, to me at least, just makes it seem like it’s the elephant in the room.) —220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:17, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- There is no point in codifying what is already widely accepted in the closing on a talk page. You can look at the five pillars to learn about the fundamentals of Wikipedia. Chillum 22:26, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks to you
- I guess because consensus can change, I doubt it will this time though. Chillum 16:29, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Viriditas harassment and hounding
 jumping in at AN/I to again swat at me.
For some odd reason, I fear this is getting to be an obsession from which he escaped punishment by simply saying only that he would not abuse my UT page - but where the intent of harassment and seeking to get an editor banned - even where he is not reasonably a party to any of the issues otherwise raised - is beyond a reasonable status. Cheers. Collect (talk) 14:15, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- I believe the complexity of this dispute is such that no single admin should act unilaterally. I think any action or sanction that needs to be taken should be made by the community(or at least an admin wiser than I). Chillum 16:28, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, I have restarted it. Chillum 17:15, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- It looks like it is running. Chillum 17:15, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- I see now it was working on AIV but not UAA. Running now, will have to look into why it stopped later. Chillum 17:17, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
- Gurer vf ab pnony. Chillum 06:25, 1 April 2015 (UTC)
1991 women world cup
- No problem. Chillum 07:39, 1 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi Chillum. HBC AIV helperbot seems to be running intermittently, and has not updated UAA for many hours. If you could please have a look when you have time that would be great. Thanks, -- Diannaa (talk) 01:59, 2 April 2015 (UTC)
- There is an unidentified bug that causes it to not help UAA after a few days of running. I have restarted it, will try to figure out what is wrong once my next pay cheque comes in from the foundation gets here. Chillum 14:06, 2 April 2015 (UTC)
- Not stalled, this time it is down because I am setting up a new computer. Will get it going. Chillum 00:33, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Seems to have a faulty motivator. I will get it running again. Chillum 15:31, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
You previously blocked Javalenokl for incivility and his response was to accuse you of brutality. I've just had a similar response to a warning with a rather nasty film of a protester being arrested somewhere in Poland I think. Looking at his edits and the statements on the user page I think he has a general problem with civility. I've got not particular problem with this case, but I think he does need an admin warning before he goes too far. ----Snowded TALK 15:58, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Your warning is as valid as an administrators warning. If the warning is not heeded let me know. Chillum 16:25, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- Yup, that is enough of that. Chillum 20:09, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
A few months ago you had blocked an editor for editing archives. I wanted to ask if editing archives is allowed if we are only removing the comments of sock puppet or WP:REFACTOR them. OccultZone (Talk • Contributions • Log) 06:04, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
- Generally closed discussion are left unmodified. Changing them will change the context of all the responses and those involved are not likely to be paying attention. I am not sure who you are talking about regarding the block, but I assume there were ample warnings in that situation. Chillum 15:16, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
Chillum, was just viewing Rationalobserver's talk page where you mention that you revdeled an IP edit she made. I want to assure you that the one I am posting about now is still publicly viewable and I posted the link at the ANI explaining this. I posted it due to the specific request of Hell in a Bucket for evidence that he made at my talk page. Montanabw(talk) 22:00, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
- I cannot find the edit right now. I remember it was an IP and I think I only deleted the IP and left the rest of the edit. Chillum 22:34, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you. Chillum 23:01, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
Is it possible that HBC AIV helperbot is taking an unauthorized rest? It seems HBC AIV helperbot5 is covering AIV for the time being, but UAA didn't receive a cleanup sweep from any bot in a while. Excirial (Contact me,Contribs) 07:20, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
- Maybe User:DeltaQuadBot could remove the blocked users? that bot is clearing the bot-reported half of the board. -- Diannaa (talk) 01:55, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- I have given it some wd40, that should help. Chillum 05:56, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- Not exactly sure which bot this is related to... but this just happened. One of the bots was editing whilst logged out. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 01:30, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hello to you both. I was tracking the same oddity with the bot. I have posted one possibility of what is going on here User talk:Gilliam#An IP not blocked. Now I am not well versed in the ins and outs of something like this but I wanted to let you both know about it anyway. Thanks for your time. MarnetteD|Talk 01:55, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- It is not my IP. It must be one of the other operators. There are a few people running AIV helperbots. Chillum 02:20, 5 May 2015 (UTC)