Hello, Crisso, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
- Manual of Style
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you have any questions, check out Wikipedia:Where to ask a question or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! --TimPope 21:57, 28 September 2005 (UTC)
Hi Crisso. I noticed that you'd changed Mel Appleby's cause of death from liver cancer to spinal cancer. If this is correct, her own article at Melanie Appleby also needs to be updated. But just out of curiosity, can I ask what your source was? I've done a little Googling - some sites suggest liver cancer, others suggest spinal cancer. Do you have anything definitive? If not, I'm wondering if maybe it'd be best to remove the "spinal" ref from Mel and Kim, remove the "liver" ref from Melanie Appleby and just leave them both as cancer. I'd be interested to hear your opinion. Cheers, CLW 13:48, 14 October 2005 (UTC)
- Hi CLW. Thanks for the messaage. Last night I watched the 2000 programme "Top Ten 1987" (channel 4, 12.20 am) which profiled the top ten musical acts in the UK chatrs that year. Mel & Kim were profiled at number 8 (I think). It was revealed (in interviews with Kim and Pete Waterman) that Mel had been diagnosed with spinal cancer in late 1987 and had died from pneumonia in early 1990 after 2 or so years of treatment (this is also confirmed at []). So "pneumonia whilst suffering from spinal cancer" would be her exact cause of death. I didn't think I ought to change it so drastically as to put such a lengthy cause of death so I just changed "liver" to "spinal". I hope that clears things up a bit. Crisso 14:20, 14 October 2005 (UTC)
- The UK music magazine "Number One" had a 2-page obituary article for Mel in a January 1990 edition. The article stated that she had undergone surgery to remove a large tumour from her liver in December 1985, which was considered successful. Then in mid 1987 she had a fall and injured her back & was diagnosed with a slipped disc. Further investigation revealed she had a tumour growing on her spine (? possibly a secondary from the earlier cancer). The article also suggested that she had achieved a remission from the spinal cancer by the end of 1988 (a Pete Waterman interview I read online a while back from that time said the doctors felt they had arrested the cancer), but her immune system was still weakened from the after-effects of chemotherapy treatment, and so she wasn't able to fight off pneumonia which she had contracted.Nqr9 10:53, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Whats going on with the Michael Eavis birthday dispute? Can someone link to some actual evidence somewhere and leave it on the talk page of the article so it doesnt come up again. Its ages until the next Glastonbury when I could ask... Justinc 12:04, 15 October 2005 (UTC)
No problem. Apologies for my inability to get his first name right! I'll upload the image again with the correct spelling soon, when the new image server is installed and uploades re-established. I've mentioned this here. Thanks for pointing it all out and fixing the problem. :) Wikiwoohoo 17:27, 22 November 2005 (UTC)
Hi, When editing your own comments, it's generally preferred to use strike out the old one but leave it in, like...
- I think this is a
great idea!! I love it!good idea only if Jimbo manages to break the girls out of prison.
You can strike out text by surrounding it with <strike> and </strike> , so the above example would look like this when you were editing it:-
- I think this is a <strike>great idea!! I love it!</strike> good idea only...
All the best! Fourohfour 21:39, 10 April 2006 (UTC)
The reason I quoted IMDb as a reference for his date of birth (which is widely available and without dispute) is that it was the first website source I came across. I disagree with you anyway, on IMDb being 'widely inaccurate'. In seven years of researching pop star birthday info, it is actually one of the more reliable (but not without its inaccuracies). Also, and this is my major point, pop star's autobiographies are, in my lengthy experience, one of the least reliable sources. Musicians have a long history of fabricating inaccurate biographical details, and this is usually / often continued in any 'Official website', 'Autobiography' etc.
It does not make much sense to claim to be say, two years younger than you actually are, for maybe decades, and then 'spill the beans' in an autobiography.
I would point out again that Ocean's undisputed birthdate is available from many sources, and you are, of course, free to edit Wikipedia as you feel necesssary. Best wishes,
- The trouble with IMDb is that, like Wikipedia, it gets its information from anywhere and everywhere (i.e the general internet public) which automatically makes it an unreliable source, which is why it shouldn't be cited on here. Ironically it was me that sent in the Billy Ocean info to them (sourced from the Virgin Encyclopedia of Rock) a few years back. Crisso (talk) 15:32, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
Hi! I do know you did a great job tracking down Jane Wyman's birth and I thank you. Could you do please do the same with the late psychic Jeane Dixon. There has been some dispute whether Jeane Dixon was born in 1904 or 1918. Her CNN obituary said she was born in 1918. Thank you-RFD (talk) 19:22, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
Birth Year 1915 or 1910? It seems most sources after her death go for 1910. The only source I can find which vaguely discusses the matter is here. This LA Times article corrects her age, saying she was 86 after already reporting she was was 91 in their obit, but without offering any explanation. Anyone have any more information? Crisso (talk) 16:45, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
The city of Stockholm have this information about her grave: (Notice her son Henry who was put into the family grave 1961-09-28 at the same time as Signes mother).)
Norra begravningsplatsen, kvarter 20C, gravnummer 222 Om denna grav (about this grave) Gravnummer22 2 20C 222KoordinaterLat 59° 21' 40,6" N Lon 18° 1' 33,5" E (Sweref 99)
Gravsatta i denna grav (In this grave) Johannes Petrus Larsson Kontorschef gravsatt 1920-04-18 Margareta C. Larsson Fr. (Miss) gravsatt 1941-06-26 August Valfrid Larsson Köpman (businessman) gravsatt 1949-01-16 Henry Hasso Herr (Mr) gravsatt 1961-09-28 Helfrid Elisabeth Johanna Larsson Änkefru (widow) född 1886-07-02 • avliden 1961-07-20 • gravsatt 1961-09-28 Johanna Sofia Larsson Fru (Mrs) född 1885-06-27 • avliden 1969-03-18 • gravsatt 1969-04-12 Valle Karl O.V. Larsson Herr (Mr) född 1918-02-19 • avliden 1989-05-10 • gravsatt 1989-06-15 Signe Eleonora Cecilia Hasso Skådespelerska (actris) född 1915-08-15 • avliden 2002-06-07 • gravsatt 2002-10-07
My name is Tommy Wahlsten and I'm from Sweden. I have talked to several people around Signe f.g. Sickan Carlsson , another swedish actris born 1915, and I know that Signe was born 1915. I have tried to change 1910 to 1915 on IMDb but without success.
Hello Crisso. Thank you for your research on Mr J's page. I found parts of it persuasive although I don't know what other wiki editors would think. We have an anon editor from Denmark who keeps changing it back. They also rotate IP's so it will be hard to ever engage them in discussion. I don't know if you have LJ's page on your watchlist but I am wondering if you could help me in keeping an eye on it so that we can keep the date accurate. I wish I new someone in California so that we could get a picture of his sons headstone. Find-a-grave does not have a pic and I don't know if there request a pic would work. Thanks again for your work and for your time in reading this. MarnetteD | Talk 19:41, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
Hi! Could you explain what research indicates that Jolie Gabor was born Jolie Kende in 1894, and not Jansci Tilleman in 1896. You can respond here or on my page, it doesn't matter. Thanks. Rms125a@hotmail.com (talk) 23:17, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
Hi. When you recently edited Diana Moran, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages Model and Broadcaster (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Joyce Redman, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Cranbrook. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hello, Crisso. I was wondering what your source is for Jo Tewson's updated birthdate. I have only ever seen 1939.