|This is DASonnenfeld's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to DASonnenfeld.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
- 1 A barnstar for you!
- 2 History of Syracuse, New York
- 3 Navs
- 4 Visitor interpretive center listed at Redirects for discussion
- 5 Category:Baseball players from Syracuse, New York
- 6 Global Citizenship Education
- 7 Many Thanks
- 8 Disambiguation link notification for September 18
- 9 The Inside Corner : September 28, 2014
A barnstar for you!
|The Teamwork Barnstar|
|A barnstar back at you! You keep plugging away on so many projects to fill-in the holes. Hope your summer is going well! (BTW, Summertime is my 2nd favorite of all time after A Rhapsody in Blue!) Regards, Mary Meclee (talk) 00:15, 5 July 2014 (UTC)|
This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of History of Syracuse, New York, and it appears to include material copied directly from http://www.shadesofoakwood.com/pages/syrhist.html.
It is possible that the bot is confused and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article. The article will be reviewed to determine if there are any copyright issues.
If substantial content is duplicated and it is not public domain or available under a compatible license, it will be deleted. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material. You may use such publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. See our copyright policy for further details. (If you own the copyright to the previously published content and wish to donate it, see Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials for the procedure.) CorenSearchBot (talk) 03:43, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- Note: This is a new article, just spun off from the main article on this topic. Virtually all of the content was carried over from the main article. A quick check does validate the bot's findings. As noted on the article's talk page, due to the number of uses of the source in question, it will take some time and effort to correct this problem. Thanks, DA Sonnenfeld (talk) 04:18, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi David, It was really helpful to see the way you kept editting topiced navboxes on your User page, I haven't done much of a check on the content but perhaps here is another:
- Hi Greg, Thanks for the comment & suggestion. Yes, that one is chocked full with all kinds of useful links! Kind regards, DA Sonnenfeld (talk) 09:21, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
Visitor interpretive center listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Visitor interpretive center. Since you had some involvement with the Visitor interpretive center redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Oiyarbepsy (talk) 02:34, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
Category:Baseball players from Syracuse, New York
Category:Baseball players from Syracuse, New York, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. ...William 02:09, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
Dear Professor Sonnenfeld,
I hope you are well. I am writing to thank you for your edits to the global citizenship education article. I hope that the changes that I make to the text will satisfy the criteria for content which is considered more encyclopedic/does not reflect a particular viewpoint. If you could find time to let me know about particular portions of the text that you feel are especially problematic, I would really appreciate it. In any case, I will do my best to try to improve it. Again, many thanks.
All the best, Mark
- Hi, Mark. Thanks for your contributions to the above-referenced article, and to Wikipedia more generally. Pretty much the entire article comes across that way to me. That may be my idiosyncratic reading of it, but consider what an encyclopedia article would look like in terms of structure, form & tone. Before you do any further editing/ developing of the article, I'd recommend that you read Wikipedia's core content policies. From there, there are additional other article writing/ editing guides and tutorials. It may be helpful, as well, to review some featured articles, so you have an idea of where the article should be heading. Kind regards, DA Sonnenfeld (talk) 15:15, 31 August 2014 (UTC)
Dear Professor Sonnenfeld,
I really appreciate your thoughtful response. I am very new to Wikipedia, but I'm fascinated by the whole thing. I will prioritize making the text less essay-like. I do know what you mean, and that is force of habit. I will also take note of the other wikipedia writing features you have directed me to over the next few days. I would like you to know that I greatly appreciate expert feedback from scholars like yourself, and I am making a big effort to get used to how things are done on Wikipedia.
Thanks again, Mark
- You're welcome. Thanks for taking it constructively & for your further edits to the article. Much improved! Kind regards, DA Sonnenfeld (talk) 15:16, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Urban metabolism, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Energy flow. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.