|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Octix Article
- 2 IP BLP block
- 3 Joe Castillo
- 4 Request a Third Party Opinion
- 5 Wabving
- 6 Nomination of Clyde Lucas for deletion
- 7 Re: 18.104.22.168
- 8 Huggle
- 9 License tagging for File:Ruby dhalla small.jpg
- 10 Put Ethan Casner Back Please
- 11 We Waited For Days
- 12 File:Banner LNHS.jpg
- 13 Articles for deletion: vzRoom
- 14 Jamie Hendry
- 15 Albert Muis
- 16 Jill Marsden
- 17 Mickey McGee
- 18 Talk:Jats in the pre-Aurangzeb period
- 19 Article deleted and added to the "speed deletion list"
- 20 RE: Article deleted and added to the speed deletion list
- 21 Using Huggle
- 22 Talalihous Ater Page
- 23 IJTS and related articles
- 24 Review my sandbox #2
- 25 Kraisit chaikaeo
- 26 Steven Maneely
- 27 Please remove speedy deletion on Multi-Lane Free Flow
- 28 Margret Day
- 29 Speedy deletion declined: Mariam Nour
- 30 Felice News
- 31 you have deleted a legitimate article on Productoetry
- 32 updated OnGreen
- 33 Aaron Twerski of Chernobyl
Whoops, I just realized that I must have deleted the dated prod by accident upon editing the Octix article. I'm new to wikipedia and that's my excuse. A friend has moved Octix to something called an "incubator." I hope I'll get a chance to edit my article before it gets deleted. Nevertheless, I appreciate your dedication towards making Wikipedia a more civilized environment. I hope any possible misunderstandings have been cleared. Leodorain (talk) 10:00, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
IP BLP block
Apparently you blocked as I was just getting ready to push the button; the stepping on you wasn't a problem that I can see, but I just wanted to note that I see that it happened. Durations were the same, etc. Thanks. Georgewilliamherbert (talk) 00:29, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
- No problem, you just explained to the IP in more detail why there is a block. ... discospinster talk 00:32, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
You, along with several other admins deleted a page for "Joe Castillo" several years ago. He has now performed in over 15 countries, including this past year for the King of Saudi Arabia, President of Colombia and the Minister of Hajj. He is already in wiki under sand animation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_animation. I have rewritten a page for him for consideration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Timgrable/joecastillo Can you consider taking the ban off on his name? Thanks —Preceding unsigned comment added by Timgrable (talk • contribs) 21:05, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
Request a Third Party Opinion
- You're right. I blocked the account. ... discospinster talk 02:54, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
Nomination of Clyde Lucas for deletion
A discussion has begun about whether the article Clyde Lucas, which you created or to which you contributed, should be deleted. While contributions are welcome, an article may be deleted if it is inconsistent with Wikipedia policies and guidelines for inclusion, explained in the deletion policy.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Clyde Lucas (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and you are welcome to contribute to the discussion.
You may edit the article during the discussion, including to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article.
I've honestly never seen a three hour block before. Interesting decision. I tend to be more of the camp that advocates breaking people's fingers and removing their access to computers for linking to that site. Sven Manguard Talk 03:05, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- I wasn't sure if it was one of those temporary IP addresses that could be assigned to someone else in a short time. Anyway, I figure the vandal will have moved on to something else in three hours. If it comes back and re-vandalizes then it can blocked anew. ... discospinster talk 03:09, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I'd like to anti-vandalism activities since I'm in school right now. (These past couple of weeks have been particularly busy.) But luckily there are plenty of other Huggle users that are probably glad I've been on hiatus, since they will actually get a chance to revert once in a while. :-) ... discospinster talk 21:09, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
License tagging for File:Ruby dhalla small.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Ruby dhalla small.jpg. You don't seem to have indicated the license status of the image. Wikipedia uses a set of image copyright tags to indicate this information; to add a tag to the image, select the appropriate tag from this list, click on this link, then click "Edit this page" and add the tag to the image's description. If there doesn't seem to be a suitable tag, the image is probably not appropriate for use on Wikipedia.
For help in choosing the correct tag, or for any other questions, leave a message on Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. Thank you for your cooperation. --ImageTaggingBot (talk) 05:05, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
I'd like the article on Ethan Casner restored as soon as possible please. As my first wiki article, I was simply using the Robert E Howard article as a mere template for creating the Ethan Casner one which is easy to see by the changes made. However during the process, you deleted the page I was working on and I lost all of the progress I made tonight. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Divergenceeditor1 (talk • contribs) 05:14, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
Put Ethan Casner Back Please
I'd like the article on Ethan Casner restored as soon as possible please. As my first wiki article, I was simply using the Robert E Howard article as a mere template for creating the Ethan Casner one which is easy to see by the changes made. However during the process, you deleted the page I was working on and I lost all of the progress I made tonight. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Divergenceeditor1 (talk • contribs) 05:15, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
We Waited For Days
Dude, you deleted my article. Now how is anybody supposed to find out about that band? People turn to wikipedia for reliable and unbiased information on the topic of, or associated with mainly garage bands. Now, everyone who wants to learn of the plight of a struggling garage band in Virginia will be left without the knowledge of this particular band, which I daresay may be the most important one of them all! I demand and sincere and written response making light of this subject and why you saw fit to delete said article immediately. This is an outrage to angsty teenagers worldwide! I am left in utter shock and awe of your decision making abilities. Not only do I disagree to the fullest extent, but your deletion leaves me in a state of uncertainty. If I cannot trust that a fellow wikipedian, fluent in more than one language, can see the relevancy of an up-and-coming supergroup band formed by several teenagers from irrevelant small cities in rural areas on the mid-eastern United States seaboard, then I may as well give up living. This troubles me deeply. This decision you have made leaves me in great doubt of our future generations, and with that, the ones afterwards as well. Our society is leaning further and further from notable garage bands every day but never did I suspect to see such an outrage occur right in front of my eyes in such a short period of time! As I stepped away from my computer screen for only so long as to partake in a family dinner, I return only to see a vast area of nothingness, as my computer screen reflects my heart's feelings on the subject of this deletion. I am left cold and empty now, without this article to serve as a lighthouse for others, leading the way and clearing a safe path for future wikipedia editors to follow. I am left in shock and awe of your actions and I duly await a response and explanation. Neloangelo91 (talk) 04:21, 16 November 2010 (UTC) Neloangelo91. (Yes, I speak italian as well, but your response should be English, so I may understand it better.)
And what if I don't, madam? What if I die before I finish typing this due to the sudden shock of the deletion of this page? My outrage is furthered by the inclusion of Alexisonfire in this article, a great band from your homeland, yet you still chose to delete this article? Have you no support for your country?Neloangelo91 (talk) 05:57, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
Articles for deletion: vzRoom
Thank you very much for letting me know my mistakes and thank you for your time. I am sorry for being too new and too excited when I was making my first contribution to my most favorite website -- Wikipedia.
Receiving your notice, I immediately added back some references and citations and and tried to establish notability of the topic. Now the sources of citations        are from famous TV program, newspaper, magazine, website and neutral organization. They all have online references. Are they useful to the topic? Please correct me again.
- Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (31 July 2008). "Hong Kong’s Manipeer Launches vzRoom - a revolutionary solution for personal communications and video conferencing".
- ComputerWorld [Hong Kong] (30 October 2008). "Local startup promises simple, affordable video conferencing".
- Ming Pao Daily News (13 August 2008). "vzRoom - Personalized Video Conferencing".
- EE Times Global Sources (14 August 2008). "vzRoom targets personal comms, video conferencing apps".
- EET Taiwan Global Sources (19 August 2008). "Manipeer launches vzRoom: video conferencing solution".
- Ming Pao Daily News (27 September 2007). "Video Conferencing for Karaoke".
- Trendy Trendy, Cable TV Hong Kong (22 September 2007). "Smooth Video Conferencing System - Used as Online Karaoke".
I would like to re-instate Jamie_Hendry.
A notable West End Producer. Credits as a leading producer include: Legally Blonde the Musical (West End 2010), Spring Awakening (West End 2009), La Cage aux Folles (West End 2008), Birdsong (West End 2010), Onassis (West End 2010), No mans' Land (West End 2008) and many more.
Awards include: Olivier Award for Best Musical - La Cage aux Folles (2009). Olivier Award for Best Musical - Spring Awakening (2010) and many more.
His production company details here: www.jamiehendryproductions.com
Thanks for adding bar
"This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards." of course
It's a translation from French to English during the week I will try to ask an English theacher in France for à good correction.
Hi, I was just wondering why you deleted the redirect (that had essential page history) and then created a new redirect, yet you moved the talk page? Why didn't you just move the redirect? Would have saved me some trouble. AnemoneProjectors 02:19, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, I had a brain fart. ... discospinster talk 02:41, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
I added references to Mickey McGee, something I neglected to do when creating it.. thanks for pointing it out. Is it safe to remove the tag/deletion notice? I'll leave that up to you, oh experienced Wikipedian. Thanks! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Janikus24 (talk • contribs) 07:20, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, those references are sufficient to remove the WP:PRODBLP tag. ... discospinster talk 14:57, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Talk:Jats in the pre-Aurangzeb period
Hi. :) Re your note at Talk:Jats in the pre-Aurangzeb period, the author died in 1979. I've explained to the contributor the problem with that at his talk page, but gone ahead and deleted this talk page under G8. --Moonriddengirl (talk) 12:07, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Article deleted and added to the "speed deletion list"
Hi, I would like to know why my article has been deleted and added to the "speed deletion list" or something like that.
Apparently it said the reason was "G11: Unambiguous advertising or promotion", when in reality it was just an article talking about a company that offers jobs to people around the world. No promotion was done whatsoever, all the information was factual and can be found at the company's site. The name of the article was "Expertsonlive". Please explain to me what can I do in order to solve this, I believe wikipedia should have an article which talks about a worldwide company founded by a group of colaborators located in my country which gives professionals from anywhere the possibility of a new source of income. Thank you —Preceding unsigned comment added by Franbo2010 (talk • contribs) 02:19, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
RE: Article deleted and added to the speed deletion list
Will you use Huggle when you're not busy or in school or near the end of the year because I want to see you Huggle again? You're not the same user when you don't use Huggle, in my opinion. WAYNEOLAJUWON 16:47, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe I'll make an appearance during the holidays... ... discospinster talk 20:04, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
Talalihous Ater Page
Hello, I am wondering why you deleted my page on the very unknown Talalihous ater. It claims that I have vandalized, however, I do not see how this is true, because I was simply supplying the general public with the fact that this is an unknown species, even though it's on Wikipedia without any other proof of it existing. Also, even if what I wrote wasn't true, it could hardly be considered vandalism, since there was nothing to vandalize in the first place.
Thanks for spotting these. I consider them articles created for the purpose of defamation, closed the AfDs as speedy delete under criterion G10, and gave final warnings to the editors involved. I have also protected against recreation for a week--I did not want to do it for longer because it remains possible that someone might write a proper article. DGG ( talk ) 05:32, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
- No problem. I figured something was up with those articles. ... discospinster talk 16:27, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
Review my sandbox #2
We've updated our sandbox and would like to officially post on the OnGreen wiki page. But can you review it first? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Chathriongreen/sandbox
Apparently someone's gotten around Kraisit Chaikaeo's create-protection. It certainly seems to assert notability, but you're the one who salted the old KC page so it's your call. --Dylan620 (t • c • r) 02:51, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
- Got it, thanks! ... discospinster talk 02:55, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
It is in fact well known that Steven Maneely is one of the coolest people on the planet. And that is pretty damn significant. —Preceding unsigned comment added by X802snow (talk • contribs) 03:44, 4 December 2010 (UTC)
Please remove speedy deletion on Multi-Lane Free Flow
This article is not a duplicate of Multi Lane Free Flow -- it replaces Multi-Lane Free Flow. It replaces the original because there has to be a dash ("-") in between "Multi" and "Lane". I thought I redirected the Multi Lane Free Flow page to Multi-Lane Free Flow but somehow it didn't get saved -- I remember saving it and testing it too hmm... --Pavithran (talk) 05:04, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
- OK as long as you don't make me look dim. ... discospinster talk 05:29, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: Mariam Nour
Hello Discospinster. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Mariam Nour, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: "She presented many programs on New Television and one program each for...." Is an assertion of importance,. Thank you. ϢereSpielChequers 17:15, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
I called the Vancouver Sun, they said that it was a valid article, but it had expired. Check out http://blog.bluehyppo.com/?tag=max-jones It's an AFP report. That is one of the article added to the references this morning. Also see http://www.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-2009-09-24-voa19-68709507.html. I am taking off Max Jones and Lillian Wu from your list, as they have valid references. Will search for more references on this topic. How can we resolve this issue? What do we need to do to get rid of the AfD? The article seems fine now, a number of references. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Torontonian333 (talk • contribs) 22:10, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- There are still a number of claims made with regards to notability that haven't been sourced (e.g. having reporters in Antarctica, being the most popular such news site). It won't hurt to let the AfD run its course; if other editors think that the article should be kept then it will be. ... discospinster talk 17:05, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
Well, having reporters in Antarctica and being the most popular all-positive news site have now both been sourced. Why do you think the articles should still be up for deletion? VivereInNY (talk) 11:45, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not seeing reliable sources for those claims. ... discospinster talk 15:34, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- The source for the Antarctica claim is simply the link to Antarctic and Southern Ocean Coalition web page. It doesn't mention Felice News. The source for the claim of being the world's most popular positive news outlet is Quantcast, which doesn't show a comparison, and in fact when I accessed the page it tells me that "traffic data has been hidden by the owner". So in neither case do they substantiate the claims. In other words, they might be reliable, but they're not sources. ... discospinster talk 03:03, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
you have deleted a legitimate article on Productoetry
My partners and I are developing new business concept we called Productoetry.
We created a corresponding Wikipedia page with a serious intent to use it to spread the knowledge and use it as a reference when talking to users, business partners and investors.
The initial content of the page was not very extensive because we did not have much time before the presentation in which we wanted to use the page.
We have registered a number of DNS domains productoetry.* and intend to continue developing the concept, business around it and evolve the content of the Wikipedia article accordingly.
Therefore we would like to restore the page and prevent future accidental deletions.
Your assistance and advice is highly appreciated.
Looking forward to a quick resolution of this.
Username changed to avoid conflict of interest and now have have added the OnGreen article.
Thanks for your speedy help!!
Hi! I have renamed the above-mentioned page to Aaron Twersky of Chernobyl, but I wanted that Aaron Twerski of Chernobyl should remain as a redirect so that readers should be able to view the page's previous revisions. Since you deleted Aaron Twerski of Chernobyl, this is no more possible. Perhaps you can create a page named Aaron Twersky of Chernobyl/Attributions, or something like that.