|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Edit conflict last night
- 2 Cordiali Saluti da Campora San Giovanni e gentile richiesta di miglioria ed ampliamento per Campora San Giovanni
- 3 A barnstar for you!
- 4 Good job!
- 5 Let Me Be There
- 6 Joe Francis Protection
- 7 Sahgal
- 8 Nice Wikipedian!
- 9 Nomination of Urban Mimics for deletion
- 10 Realtors
- 11 A barnstar for you!
- 12 What's your idea?
- 13 Best Wikipedian!
- 14 Heavy handed
- 15 Thanks
- 16 Notice
- 17 Peter Huang
- 18 Block of User:馮光遠想跟能登麻美子交合
- 19 Neil Peng
- 20 Bigsean300
- 21 Riccitello
- 22 Please reinstate.
- 23 Re. User 220.127.116.11
- 24 A brownie for you!
- 25 Steve Bernier
Edit conflict last night
Cordiali Saluti da Campora San Giovanni e gentile richiesta di miglioria ed ampliamento per Campora San Giovanni
Buongiorno da Campora San Giovanni,
ti scrivo anzitutto per salutarti e sapere come stai, oltre a questo per ringraziarti del tempestivo intervento che hai fatto per il mio borgo natale. Ti scrivo anche per chiederti visto che anche tu capisci un poco l'italiano se potresti dare una mano d'aiuto per quanto riguarda il mio borgo natale, un aggiornamento dei dati statitisci e via discorrendo, in cambio posso aiutarti con un articolo di tuo interesse in un poco di lingue italiane e ispaniche. Con la cortese ti mando un Luminoso Saluto da Campora San Giovanni, e per me sarebbe un onore collaborare con te, visto che un pezzo di cuore vive in Canada ed un altra parte vive in America Latina, spero di contare su di te per un poco di articoletti. Per qualsiasi evenienza sai dove trovarmi. un abbraccio ancora--Lodewijk Vadacchino (talk) 05:07, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- Buongiorno, ti posso aiutare, ma io capisco Italiano meglio che parlo! Quali informazioni volete che io faccio? ... discospinster talk 14:34, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- Buon Pomeriggio,
bene quello che avrei di bisogno sarebbe una rilettura ed inserimento delle origini del nome, referenze e via discorrendo. in parole povere quasi una copia tradotta dall'italiano. grazie per la disponibilità :)--Lodewijk Vadacchino (talk) 15:10, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for your contributions to Wikipedia! SwisterTwister talk 16:24, 18 May 2012 (UTC)|
Thanks for your contribution to ward against vandalism as you did in Jessica Sanchez article with this I look forward to learning from you and working with you. - SyncSeth (talk) 07:33, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
Let Me Be There
Any chance I can get you to indefinitely semi-protect Let Me Be There and If You Love Me (Let Me Know)? They're getting hit by the IP-hopping vandal again. I don't want to keep playing whack-a-mole with him, so the only way to stop him is an indef semi-protect. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 00:34, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Joe Francis Protection
I have been working on editing information on Girls Gone Wild and Joe Francis (I will move on to Mantra Films if I get time; however, I see that Joe Francis was semi-protected. Today, the protection was removed by a bot. I guess I should have read the talk page more thoroughly and now I see that there is quite a bit of editing that was done by vandals and possibly editors too close to the topic. Any thoughts about continuing the protection of the page to help keep this from continuing? Based on the talk page, there is a good chance that the edit waring and vandalizing could heat up again if those editors find out it is no longer semi-protected. Just a thought. Thanks. --Morning277 (talk) 13:27, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Any suggestions as to what to do about Sahgal (talk · contribs)? His changes from z to s are a mess in themselves, but I can't find much good and quite a bit bad in the rest of his editing. I think that sometimes he doesn't really understand what he edits, and his writing itself leaves something to be desired. Most of his edits have been reverted by a variety of editors. ANI may be necessary (he hasn't responded to my talk page posts which is a bad sign) but maybe he can be help? Thanks. I'll post this to a couple of other editors to see if anyone else can give him some helpful advice as well. We have an enthusiastic editor, I don't want a block if we can channel that enthusiasm. Dougweller (talk) 11:19, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- My prediction is that the user will eventually be blocked. Going through his/her edits I'm getting the feeling that we're being trolled. But maybe I'm just old and cynical. :) ... discospinster talk 13:00, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- I was wondering about that myself. I've told him he has to start entering into discussion. My take is that if an editor is being reverted by multiple other editors and doesn't want to discuss their edits, we don't need that editor and they should be blocked. Dougweller (talk) 14:20, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
Hi dear. Thank you because of your guidance. I'm just trying to fix pages. I don't know what I have to do when the name of a page is incorrect. I can just move articles. would you help me?Soroush90gh (talk) 19:03, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
|Thank you because of your helpful guidance. Soroush90gh (talk) 19:18, 30 May 2012 (UTC)|
Nomination of Urban Mimics for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Urban Mimics (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article. Dennis Bratland (talk) 20:29, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
It is not correct to use Realtor or Realtors. The National Association of REALTORS only allows the trademarked names REALTOR or REALTORS to be writen one way in all caps. The correct usage of the words are REALTOR and REALTORS. PERIOD. I do not care what your style guidelines say. The words must only be writen ONE WAY. Please learn about things before you undo correct things. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:44, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|And another one for THIS Morning277 (talk) 15:12, 31 May 2012 (UTC)|
What's your idea?
|The best friend in Wikipedia!|
|Thank you because of your second guidance!! Soroush90gh (talk) 19:49, 1 June 2012 (UTC)|
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is Ontario101 uploads. Thank you. Mtking (edits) 02:42, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
Block of User:馮光遠想跟能登麻美子交合
Hi Discospinster, I see you blocked User:馮光遠想跟能登麻美子交合 for 24hrs for edit warring. Another editor asked me to try and communicate with them because they thought there lack of English might be preventing them from articulating theirs views. I haven't got that far yet, and I'm not sure I need to. Their username translates as something along the lines of 'Peng wants to shag Mamiko Noto' -- I though I'd let you know incase you want to up that block to indef. Pol430 talk to me 08:59, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- I know Chinese (as I studied the language for a few years because I frequently travel to China and Hong Kong) and that username does translate to "Neil Peng wants to shag Mamiko Noto" - as "交合" is the definition of "shag". Will be sending this user to UAA now. (update: epic failure) →Bmusician 10:05, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- User:Secretlondon blocked the user for having an inappropriate username. (But forgot to change it to an indefinite time period, so I fixed that.) Hopefully the user won't come back in another form. ... discospinster talk 14:36, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Apparently it's been taken care of now. I'm not familiar with the whole sockpuppet process and I don't think I have any particular tools. There would have to be an investigation by higher-ups from a request for checkuser. ... discospinster talk 02:18, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- If you want to work on the article, create an account and use a sandbox page. That way it won't be deleted while it's in progress. ... discospinster talk 02:39, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- The article was already created and up for speedy deletion. However, stated if the notice was removed and someone was working on it, it would be fine. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:43, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
I did not copy from anywhere. Unique product of several graduates. I am working to remove subjectivity. I am logic major, Professional copy editor and graduate of this defunct institution. Laura coyne (talk) 02:47, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- The reason the content from Saint Louise de Marillac High School was removed was because it was written in a non-neutral, unencyclopedic style better suited for the high school's web page. Furthermore it did not include any sources. If you can re-write it in a neutral fashion, without the flowerly language, and with sources to back up the information, then it would work. ... discospinster talk 03:10, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
Ds: School is gone, no website, only place to go to verify our existence is here. I completely understand the writing discipline you require and will resume edit in that mode. Only a few of us left who will report in, providing data, but it was an extraordinary experiment that matched a surrounding culture
Re. User 126.96.36.199
Hey, I noticed that you've been working to reinstate earlier versions of articles edited by 188.8.131.52 . Have you considered trying to block his IP? Also, thank you for reinstating those earlier versions. LeicaMan (talk) 20:41, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- I am going to keep my eye on the IP and block if the vandalism continues. ... discospinster talk 23:18, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
A brownie for you!
|For catching all of the vandalism of 184.108.40.206 (talk)! And for other reasons which I'm sure you deserve it but for which I am unaware. 21:27, 7 June 2012 (UTC)|