|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Lowell Green
- 2 Scott Newton
- 3 Ballyjamesduff: Please Read:
- 4 Re:Thank you for reverting.
- 5 I see you get this a lot but...
- 6 Sidis
- 7 NSRC article reverts
- 8 Thanks for the fix (ML)
- 9 Recent reverts on Toronto Donut Ride
- 10 edit deletion
- 11 User:18.104.22.168 and User:Ipodamos
- 12 User page protected
- 13 User talk vandalism
- 14 Puddles
- 15 Revert
- 16 Revenue Assurance spam
- 17 ok
- 18 Vandalism by 22.214.171.124
- 19 Changing a user's page
- 20 Ayman Ahmed El-Difrawi
- 21 No Limits (software) changes
- 22 Spamming Wikisource
- 23 FA Hamilton
- 24 Re: Thanks for reverting
- 25 Barnstar
- 26 Reverting
- 27 Boys
- 28 Small investment to improve Wikipedia
- 29 Eclectic
- 30 Kim il-Sung (re: Muppets)
- 31 Blackpool
- 32 Barnstar
- 33 Vandals
- 34 How'd you like to be an admin?
- 35 Class President
- 36 Your reversion on Cheryl Lindsey Seelhoff
- 37 Canadian spelling
- 38 User talk:126.96.36.199
- 39 User talk:188.8.131.52
- 40 Tyranids
- 41 please refrain from undoing edits of other Wiki editors
- 42 Linkspammers
- 43 Yellowcard
- 44 my sandbox
- 45 Thanks
- 46 I did not make those edits
- 47 It's not vandalism...
- 48 Brian Melo
- 49 Sports car knee syndrome
- 50 Thank you
- 51 Shanda the Panda - Shanda Fantasy Arts - Katmandu
- 52 Regarding edits to TractorSource
- 53 Kunkanti
- 54 DMA
Hello Discospinster. I reversed your reversal to the Lowell Green article. (your revision as of 00:17, 1 June 2007). On May 28, Victoriagirl had entered incorrect (i.e., federal party) links in the article, which I corrected the same day, putting in the provincial party links. On June 1st you reinstated the incorrect links, so I reversed them. I hope this is clear.Que-Can 03:35, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello, yes, I made an article, Scott Newton (Mississippi politician). It looks empty but my sister came and vandalised it and I reverted it, so, just to let you know. THanks
Monbro 15:12, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Ballyjamesduff: Please Read:
REBUTTAL: On the behalf of the Official Council Representative of Ballyjamesduff,i request that the information be corrected about Ballyjamesduff. Yes our town looks eccentric, but it is what makes us more interesting than others. I would like to see the following things re-added or changed:
The town motto. People always say "Are ya Startin" as a way of saying "are you having a good time?" It dates back to the 1960's when people would always know where a party was going to be. They asked each other if they were starting a party at their place. Hence ,"Are Ya Startin?"
The history of Ballyjamesduff mentioned is true. We have a parchment in Ballyjamesduff's Museum that actually lists all the information given about Seamus Dove. The bit about the backwater should also make sense to you if you could find a map of Cavan and the fact that the main road runs from it to Virginia (and then on to Dublin), leaving Ballyjamesduff a little out of the way.
The mentioning of our town statue is one that i find humourous, but i don't think Fintan Cronin's name needs to be mentioned. And i also think it'd be better to remove the information about arson.
Finally, please put back in the bit about the sport. Yes,our town practises obscure sports, but we should be able to still list our accomplishments as we are all proud about them.
I think you may have made a mistake regarding that website. It seems to me to be pretty accurate in general. It should be restored. Thanking you. The offices of Cllr. Danny Brady & Cllr. Shane O'Reilly. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
Re:Thank you for reverting.
I see you get this a lot but...
Thankyou for de-vandlizing my user page. I was reverting vandals so I suppose I must have annoyed this user. Thanks again Andrewjd 20:07, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
I'm making a minor change to the Sidis addition.
"In sum, what made Sidis' genius appear to be a meltdown was how broad were his subjects, not to mention unusual. From writings on astrophysics, to Native American studies, to a comprehensive and definitive taxonomy of vehicle transfers, an equally comprehensive study of civil engineering and vehicles, and several well-substantiated lost texts on anthropology, philology and transportation systems... Sidis demonstrated his mastery of all disciplines he took on."
I'm changing it to:
"From writings on astrophysics, to Native American studies, to a comprehensive and definitive taxonomy of vehicle transfers, an equally comprehensive study of civil engineering and vehicles, and several well-substantiated lost texts on anthropology, philology and transportation systems, Sidis' covered a broad range of subjects, many of them rather unusual. Some may have perceived this as a lack of focus and a sign of his meltdown."
All of this can be well substantiated from the writings of his sister and Dr. Sperling, as a note. I've sent a similar message to user "Chryen". Please do not revert this revised version of my material unless you can substantatively refute it.
I don't mean that in an aggressive mode... but simply because it takes time to add in material to this entry that I know to be accurate.
220.127.116.11 18:46, 5 June 2007 (UTC)SC June 5, 2007
NSRC article reverts
- I removed it because it was being added to many different articles indiscriminately, and it did not add to whatever was already in the respective articles. ... discospinster talk 20:00, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the fix (ML)
Thanks for fixing my slip-up.Stellatomailing 15:03, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
Recent reverts on Toronto Donut Ride
You have twice removed material from the Toronto Donut Ride that is both on-topic and useful. Neither time did you put anything in the check-in notes, nor was there any explaination on the talk page. I am re-adding the material. If you have a real reason for your reverts, explain them before deleting; a further revert will result in 3rr proceedings.. Maury 15:21, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- I fail to see what a two minute YouTube documentary adds to the article, no matter how "great" it is. There is also no indication as to the copyright status, and who are "Donut Ride Pictures" anyway? ... discospinster talk 15:35, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
Will you stop changing this page to the drummer, Josh Garza. Lets put someone up here with real accomplishments, such as the CEO Josh Garza who has made much success and only being 22 years old.
Will you stop changing this page to the drummer, Josh Garza. Lets put someone up here with real accomplishments, such as the CEO Josh Garza who has made much success and only being 22 years old. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Iluvvjosh04 (talk • contribs)
- I don't see where I reverted any edits in that article. ... discospinster talk 23:38, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
User:18.104.22.168 and User:Ipodamos
Could you or someone else please check the edits of User:22.214.171.124 and User:Ipodamos. They are likely the same person, and they have probably added a great number of non-notable personages to articles like List of Greeks and so on. Astrovega 02:12, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
User page protected
Since you are getting targeted by a persistent vandal from multiple IPs, I decided to semi-protect your user page for a few hours. -- Gogo Dodo 19:56, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for reverting my Talk page. I guess calling somebody "emo" is the new "gay" among the kids. Weird. -- Gogo Dodo 22:00, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
User talk vandalism
I noticed that you presented some concerns at the talk page of Puddles a month back. I share your concerns and just knocked a few sections out of the article that were fully essay opinion. Would you mind taking a look and seeing what else should be done? Thanks, Metros 04:39, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
No problem, happy to do it. It seems that you should report that user though, they seem to be targeting you--Jac16888 12:39, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- good. only prob being, i just got attacked (thanks for reverting first time btw) twice, the second time wasn't the same ip, it was the same ip plus one.
not quite sure what to do, its clearly the same person--Jac16888 12:42, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
- thanks for the advice. they seem to have stopped though. it was quite amusing really, the first time, they called me a loser (which you reverted, thank you very much), the second time they replaced the page with the lyrics to an S Club 7 song. :)--Jac16888 12:51, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
Revenue Assurance spam
Thanks for trying to clean the spam off the "revenue assurance" page, but I think your efforts are not entirely helpful. Every so often the page gets attacked by people who want simply to link to their corp website (with no useful on it) or to some phoney front org for their corp. Splitting the page into orgs and corps was designed to put pressure on the phoney orgs to come clean, whilst still allowing for links to the few corps that actually provide some useful info on their sites i.e. not just a sales blurb. If you deny any corps the right to take an interest in this page and its contents of what is purely a business activity, you might as well not bother having the page in the first place, as only corp authors and readers will be interested in it. By eliminating the split, eliminating any links to any corp sites, and removing the commentary, you just also make it difficult for people to add links in future and to distinguish useful material from unwanted links. After all, even the orgs that you have decided to allow to remain as links - the TMF and GBA - have their own commercial agendas and can hardly be considered unbiased or "encyclopedic" in the information they provide. 126.96.36.199 13:46, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
okey dokey--188.8.131.52 18:00, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
but im still aloud to like the S club, si?--184.108.40.206 18:03, 15 June 2007 (UTC)
Vandalism by 220.127.116.11
You just beat me to the punch reverting the vandalism to Atlant's user page, but why did you post such a mild warning on the vandal's webpage? Edison 19:53, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
- If the vandal is a repeat offender, does the mild warning carry the same points or whatever toward the dreaded 24 hour block, which keeps him from vandalizing on the school computer until about the same time next day? ;-) Edison 20:01, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
Changing a user's page
- True. My IP. He and I are friends. He wanted me to edit it for him. You can see that he signed on afterwards and reverted it to my edit himself. —Preceding unsigned comment added by RTexasUSA (talk • contribs)
- And how was I to know this? ... discospinster talk 20:46, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
- How do you know we're friends? Probably because he edited it back. I'm just letting you know that it upset him. I know there's vandalism, but you might not want to be quite as quick to revert saves.
- And how was I to know this? ... discospinster talk 20:46, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
Ayman Ahmed El-Difrawi
No Limits (software) changes
I recently updated the No Limits (software) page, where CoasterCrazy.com was delted, and WeeWeeSlap.com was kept. I then went on to create a WeeWeeSlap wiki page....
I cannnot understand why No Limits (software) was reverted back to the pre-my changes, and weeweeslap wiki page was deleted, as it is one of the top rollercoaster fan/exchange sites, it was accused of not being accurate enough, my only referance was the No Limits (software) wiki page, which they say that weeweeslap.com link was only there because i put it there, which was not true, it was there before i added it there
also that Coastercrazy.com was re-added to the No Limits (software) .. it nolonger exists, i was only updating it to the most accurate information
Could you please look into this?
Acasperw 08:53, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Hi. You reported an IP for adding spam links but the links s/he is adding is to a page at http://te.wikisource.org, i.e. a sister project of Wikipedia. Is there something else that makes you question the legitimacy? —Wknight94 (talk) 01:29, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- I am not questioning the legitimacy of the link itself, just that it was being added indiscriminately to any article having to do with Hinduism. After the first warning, the IP did not attempt to justify the addition of the link. To my mind, that is spamming just as if the link was to a commercial site. I hope that explains it. ... discospinster talk 01:32, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for helping out with this one - I can see the links were spread across a large number of articles when checking for changes today. I appreciate the thorough clean-up you did. Best Wishes, Gouranga(UK) 19:22, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello discospinster, look's like Hamilton article reached "featured artcle" status. Awsome! I also wanted to let you know that I have been having problems with my e-mail account. People have been sending me stuff via e-mail and the stuff hasn't been reaching me. Not too sure if you've been trying to contact me via e-mail but in case you have and I haven't responded you now know why. I have had to phone up all my contacts to give them my new e-mail address. Anyhow, Thanks for all your help. Nhl4hamilton 19:26, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
Re: Thanks for reverting
- Yeah or at least someone with a dynamic IP range. I hope that by protecting the pages for an hour, whoever it is might just get bored! We shall see. :-) Will (aka Wimt) 00:42, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
|The RickK Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|I present this to you for you efforts to fight vandalism everyday. OysterGuitarst 03:27, 30 June 2007 (UTC)|
Hey. I saw that you had to keep reverting edits made by a non-member when he was removing speedy deletion tags. I have had run ins with this guy before. I have his page in my watchlist. I would like to congratulate you on reverting his disruptive edits. Politics rule 03:45, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
- In fact s/he was removing AfD tags, which is even worse! ... discospinster talk 13:03, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
Dear Discospinster, regarding your section title change in Lou Pearlman, I always thought the Boyband phenomenon was kind of silly, so the title should reflect that in some way. How about that? Regards, --SooperJoo 12:37, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
- Heheh, yeah. But since when is a tiny little bit of humor not 'wikipedic'? --SooperJoo 13:27, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
Small investment to improve Wikipedia
discospinster - please review the discussion page for Denver First Church; you tagged the article for speedy deletion and I'm contesting that. Forgive me since I am but a novice in regards to contributing to Wikipedia. Consider your time spent on this article not as a waste but rather as an investment in the quality of Wikipedia. I'm doing my best to thoroughly follow the standards. Thanks for your contributions. Shawncampbell 02:44, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
You shouldn't assume the worst about people. I put in the complimentary comment about W. Moody, not himself.18.104.22.168 23:14, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
Kim il-Sung (re: Muppets)
I'd like to disagree with your recent reversion of the Kim il-Sung biography. I think you would be hard pressed to argue that his son, the extant dictator Kim Jon-il, does in fact not look like a Muppet. As far as I understand the Wikipedia process of editing, the burden of proof is on you. I would be happy to furnish multiple pictures of muppets (each individually label Exhibit A, Exhibit B, etc., respectively) to prove my point. In closing, as the great American comedian, essayist and WWII pilot Jerry Senfield would say; What's the deal with Kim Jong-il? I think that should suffice. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Ah. I think the previous editor's revert was one of those Wikipedia auto-revert type things. Never understood those. If it's not seen as vandalism, it seems it's just reverted without informing the editor in question. - Dudesleeper · Talk 17:57, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
|The RickK Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|You know exactly what it takes to fight constant vandalism on Wikipedia, just as RickK did. I award you with this barnstar for your persistent effort in stopping vandals and vandalism alike. Signed by Tommy (Talk/Contribs) 19:10, 14 July 2007 (UTC)|
Hey I seen you edited the pages affiliated with Natural from vandalisim. Im not very good with the wiki procedures and I've been battling severe vandalisim with Ben Bledsoe and the other pages related to it (the Natural one being one). You appear good at this. Any help? Thanks Id appreciate it! --Thegingerone 04:38, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
How'd you like to be an admin?
Your reversion on Cheryl Lindsey Seelhoff
Please be to check the history page in the future before making reversions so as to make sure your not reverting to an earlier vandalized version or problem edit. You reverted back an edit that clearly belonged on the Talk page for this article (where it is now). Thanks. Iamcuriousblue 02:50, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
I'm a resident in the little town at the [southern] base of the Hudson River. What are the key features of Canadian spelling? Cheers, Dogru144 18:02, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
Is there any way to stop his nonsense? Elenseel 03:12, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
I was notified of vandalism on this IP address but this is a dynamic IP used by many people using the dial-up ISP Juno. I had nothing to do with it.
Just reverted your edit - you accidentally kept the vandalism. ;)
The Great Unwashed 05:32, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
THIS IS RIDICULOUS: DELETE CAVENDISH LABORATORY/KINGS COLLEGE LONDON/PHOTO 51
Why on earth did someone think it was necessary to add in Cavendish Laboratory, KCL, and Photo 51? I have no argument with Crick, Franklin, Watson, and Wilkins (aka 'the great debate') but why the others? KCL got added first, I objected and suggested the Cavendish be added - as one without the other made no sense, and then a 'genius' added the so-called "Photo 51" for good measure! There are far too many of these drop-down menus, as a friend says to me "Enough!".
CAN ANYONE JUSTIFY THIS ODD LIST - MORE THAN A MATTER OF OPINION THAN ACTUAL FACT?
ps Is it really necessary as it rather spoils an otherwise good article - with the other one?
please refrain from undoing edits of other Wiki editors
please do not undo edits of other Wiki editors. In the matter of Kilburn Hall or kilburnhall, no such user exists so all discussion pages, talk pages, etc should be deleted.
Hey, when it's really obvious that an IP is just adding a link to tons of pages, is there an easy way to just get rid of all of them at once, instead of going through their history and individually deleting them all? Cheers! Murderbike 02:35, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
thanks, Jimfbleak 05:48, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
Uhh...thanks for reverting that vandal for me. I have no idea what his beef with me was >_>20:09, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- No problem. But whatever you did, don't do it again! :-) ... discospinster talk 20:47, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
I did not make those edits
What give's you the right to falsely accuse me of "vandalism" Im very new to this site and would'nt even begin to know how to edit pages, i wasn't aware users had that much control of conent. Im a widower of 69, it is not in my interest to vandlaise pages on the worl wide web —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:29, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
It's not vandalism...
I saw her myself. She walked in the door and requested a chin wax. It's not libel or vandalism if it actually happened.
188.8.131.52 10:56, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello discospinter, We can now start working on the Brian Melo page. I know his birthday is August 15, 1982. He's from Hamilton, Ontario. He's winner of season 5 and use to be a construction worker. Parents came over to Canada from Portugal. Plus I have some photos of him as well. He even has a brand new fan site online at: http://www.brian-melo.com/ —Preceding unsigned comment added by Nhl4hamilton (talk • contribs) 04:40, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Sports car knee syndrome
Sports car knee syndrome Could you comment again on the articles for deletion for this page? New reference added from the New England Journal of Medicine of the similar medical problem sports-car palsy (it is on google!). Thanks for your efforts!.Fuiszt 11:28, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
- Just to let you know, I've closed the Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Sports car knee syndrome with the consensus of "delete" David Ruben Talk 00:42, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
- You are quite welcome. :-) ... discospinster talk 18:13, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
Shanda the Panda - Shanda Fantasy Arts - Katmandu
Please Stop, whoever keeps changing our comic book listings from Mature Readers to soft porn.
Carole Curtis184.108.40.206 09:38, 15 September 2007 (UTC) Editor-in-Chief Shanda Fantasy Arts
Regarding edits to TractorSource
Thank you for contributing to Wikipedia, Discospinster! However, your edit here was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to remove spam from Wikipedia. If you were trying to insert a good link, please accept my creator's apologies, but note that the link you added, matching rule photobucket\.com, is on my list of links to remove and probably shouldn't be included in Wikipedia. Please read Wikipedia's external links guidelines for more information, and consult my list of frequently-reverted sites. For more information about me, see my FAQ page. Thanks! AntiSpamBot 02:30, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
Is it possible this article is a candidate for speedy deletion? It seems likely to me that a fictional settlement presented as fact could well infringe #3 of WP:CSD#General_criteria. --Mark H Wilkinson (t, c) 17:55, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- It and its related images are now gone. Another victory for common sense! --Mark H Wilkinson (t, c) 12:33, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
Do you have any affilliation with DMA or were you just on random update patrol?
Falcofire 14:43, 17 September 2007 (UTC)