- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
- Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia
- Respect copyrights – do not copy and paste text or images directly from other websites.
- Maintain a neutral point of view – this is possibly the most important Wikipedia policy.
- Take particular care while adding biographical material about a living person to any Wikipedia page to follow Wikipedia's Biography of Living Persons' policy. Particularly, controversial and negative statements should be referenced with multiple reliable sources.
- No edit warring and sockpuppetry.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to do so.
- Do not add troublesome content to any article, such as: copyrighted text, libel, advertising or promotional messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Deliberately adding such content or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism, doing so will result your account or IP being blocked from editing.
The Wikipedia Tutorial is a good place to start learning about Wikipedia. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my talk page. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and discussion pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~ (the software will replace them with your signature and the date). Again, welcome! Dougweller (talk) 21:00, 5 November 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to the Typo Team
A barnstar for you!
|The Teamwork Barnstar|
|In particular for the ongoing discussion on Star Trek into Darkness regarding a pesky little I. At the end of the day, it may not have been resolved but we all did work together to try and get it sorted, even if we did feel at times we were banging our heads on our desks and calling our computer screens idiots. 14:48, 10 January 2013 (UTC)|
your contributions to the capitalization discussion at WT:MoS
Just wanted to point out minor formals things to you that you might want to correct.
Here, you referenced sources, but didn't include the reference tags necessary for the links to show. Someone else has meanwhile added them. However, didn't you intend to have those links shown as something like
"see (1) and (2)" or
"see here and here"?
(you'd do that like this:
"see [http://ianbroudielightningseeds.wordpress.com/music/ (1)] and [http://www.bonjovi.com/en/music (2)]" or
"see [http://ianbroudielightningseeds.wordpress.com/music/ here] and [http://www.bonjovi.com/en/music here]")
Also, you wrote, "I think "shorter than 4 words" would be an ideal solution". Surely you meant "... "shorter than 4 letters" ...", right? (I disagree, by the way, as then you'd have It Came From Beneath the Sea and Interview With the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.)
- Thanks for the heads up. You're right, I did mean 4 letters. lol. Fixed that. I've left the refs as they've been done, work just as well either way. douts (talk) 15:58, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
- It's becoming confusing, with people now responding below the references list. Although I really feel uncomfortable changing other users' contributions (you can tell by me making a fuss over a seemingly minor thing), I consider a formal tweak appropriate in this special instance, since it affects the layout not only of your post but of the discussion as a whole. So I went ahead and did it. You certainly have the right to revert, but if you do, please also move the references list tags to the end of the discussion. Regards – ὁ οἶστρος (talk) 12:39, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
- Feel free to do whatever is needed m8. I've lost interest in the MOS discussions etc after the havoc on the Into Darkness page. Cheers. douts (talk) 19:19, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for all the Fish
Just wanted to let you know I'm signing out and it was great to have a friend with my back. As a going away present I am giving you automatic support for anything you ever vote on. A vote with 2x power just might come in handy some day. If you ever need to prove it to someone, just use my userpage. xkcdreader comment added 21:59, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Help - Reply
Hi there DOUBTS, AL from Portugal "here",
many thanks for your tip/help wikimate seen in my anon IP address (please see here http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:126.96.36.199&oldid=568851351&diff=cur). I do several anon edits don't ask me why, but at least i'm standard, so i'm easily "caught".