- 1 Bienvenido
- 2 Gracias
- 3 Felix Navidad
- 4 Wikipedia:WikiProject Puerto Rico
- 5 Reverting your change to Biostatistics
- 6 Did You Know, Puerto Rico?
- 7 Re:About "Puerto Rico's 'Did you know?'"
- 8 "Puerto Rico's 'Did you know?'"
- 9 Did You Know? - Puerto Rico
- 10 Consensus: Puerto Rican Spindalis
- 11 Userboxes
- 12 About De Colores
Hello, EJVargas, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page
- Village pump
- manual of style
- Wikipedia:Naming conventions
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~) this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you have any questions, check out Wikipedia:Where to ask a question or ask me on my talk page. Otra vez de un Boricua a otro, bienvenido Tony the Marine 04:15, 27 September 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for the warm welcome!
hi ejvargas although we dont know each other im asking you for help,to translate into spanish the nicky cruz version from english and make a good page, and yiye avila i think needs some fixings to make it a better page,if you think you can help me i will be very grateful thankyou --Teknomegisto 07:40, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
Hola EJ. How's it going? I wanted to invite you to become a member of the new project about our pais. If you want to, just click there and list your name where it has the list of writers on the project. As you can see, the page is poorly formatted. I don't know how to build a country-box, but we'll work on it :)
I hope I can see your name there soon! Thanks and God bless you!
Your wikifriend, Antonio O's Martin
Reverting your change to Biostatistics
Hello, this is just to let you know that I'm reverting your recent change to Biostatistics. You changed a phrase in the definition of Biometrics in the opening dab pointer from "physical traits" to "personal traits". But this is inconsistent with the definition on the Biometrics page itself. Apart from anything else "recognising people by personal traits" sounds empty. It's a bit like saying "recognising cats by feline traits". I think the "by physical or behavioral traits" not only sounds better but is more consistent with the main page.
Thanks for listening, and best wishes. Thruston 18:00, 3 February 2006 (UTC)
Did You Know, Puerto Rico?
Hey Amigo, I was thinking of adding a Did You Know? section to the article Puerto Rico. In that section we could post little known interesting facts about our island and our people. It would be serve as an educational tool that would motivate others to read about our island. An example of what I plan is this:
Did You Know?
- That the first shot fired by the United States in World Wae I was in Puerto Rico and not in Europe? It was fired by Lt. Teofilo Marxuach.
- That the first opera in history to be recorded was recorded by tenor Antonio Paoli?
- That Puerto Rico once had a President? His name was Francisco Ramirez Medina.
I want to consult with you and my other Boricua Panas. I would like to receive any input. Tu Amigo Tony the Marine 19:57, 4 February 2006 (UTC)
Re:About "Puerto Rico's 'Did you know?'"
Mi hermano, I just got your message and I'm glad that you like the idea. I would like you to become an overseer of the site by going to Did You Know - Puerto Rico and then adding it to your watchlist. This way you can help by making sure that nonsense postings do not appear. Gracias mi amigo. Tony the Marine 17:41, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
"Puerto Rico's 'Did you know?'"
Somebody nominated "Did You Know?-Puerto Rico" for deletion. You could express your opinion here: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Did You Know - Puerto Rico. Thank you, Tony the Marine 01:59, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Did You Know? - Puerto Rico
Hola Amigo, while the debate on wheather the "Did You Know - Puerto Rico" article should or shouldn't be deleted goes on, I've transferred it's contents here Wikipedia:WikiProject Puerto Rico/Did you know where it will be save and you can continue to contribute. Tu Amigo, Tony the Marine 03:35, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
Consensus: Puerto Rican Spindalis
About De Colores
Hello. I saw that you are the main contributor of the article about the song "De Colores". I am in need of the source stating that the song is from the 16 century. I need evidence that the song is in the public domain. Thanks! Enrique Vargas 03:08, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
- If you do a Google search on "De Colores" history, you should find plenty of sources to support that the song is in the public domain. If you want something in print, look for De Colores and Other Latin-American Folk Songs for Children by José Luis Orozco, which should hopefully confirm that it is a traditional song. There should be plenty of other good sources as well. --Mwalimu59 04:38, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks! Enrique Vargas 19:06, 11 April 2007 (UTC)