||ERcheck is taking a short wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia soon.
Welcome to my talk page. If you wish to contact me, feel free to leave me a message here. Though I have Wiki e-mail enabled, it is simply a way to contact me when I am offline. I will respond to your messages either here or on your talk page. Please place your message at the bottom of this page. Thanks. —ERcheck
- 1 The Bugle: Issue LXIX, November 2011
- 2 Military Historian of the Year
- 3 The Bugle: Issue LXX, January 2012
- 4 MSU Interview
- 5 The Bugle: Issue LXXI, February 2012
- 6 The Bugle: Issue LXXII, March 2012
- 7 Invitation to events in June and July: bot, script, template, and Gadget makers wanted
- 8 The Bugle: Issue LXXIII, April 2012
- 9 The Bugle: Issue LXXIV, May 2012
- 10 GOCE July 2012 Copy Edit Drive
- 11 The Bugle: Issue LXXVI, July 2012
- 12 The Bugle: Issue LXXVII, August 2012
- 13 Military history coordinator election
- 14 The Bugle: Issue LXXVIII, September 2012
- 15 The Bugle: Issue LXXIX, October 2012
- 16 Re:Thank you for your service
- 17 The Bugle: Issue LXXX, November 2012
- 18 Feliz Navidad
- 19 The Bugle: Issue LXXXI, December 2012
- 20 GA Thanks
- 21 The Bugle: Issue LXXXII, January 2013
- 22 The Bugle: Issue LXXXIII, February 2013
- 23 The Bugle: Issue LXXXIV, March 2013
- 24 The Bugle: Issue LXXXV, April 2013
- 25 The Bugle: Issue LXXXVI, May 2013
- 26 The Bugle: Issue LXXXVII, June 2013
- 27 The Bugle: Issue LXXXVIII, July 2013
- 28 The Bugle: Issue LXXXIX, August 2013
- 29 WikiProject Military history coordinator election
- 30 The Bugle: Issue LXXXXX, September 2013
- 31 The Bugle: Issue XCI, October 2013
- 32 File:GrummanF4F VMF211 WakeIsland NAP80G179006.gif listed for deletion
- 33 The Bugle: Issue XCII, November 2013
- 34 The Bugle: Issue XCIII, December 2013
- 35 The Bugle: Issue XCIV, January 2014
- 36 File:Lee LG USMC.gif listed for deletion
- 37 The Bugle: Issue XCV, February 2014
- 38 The Bugle: Issue XCVI, March 2014
- 39 Hey Buddy
- 40 The Bugle: Issue XCVII, April 2014
- 41 The Bugle: Issue XCVIII, May 2014
- 42 Request for comment
- 43 The Bugle: Issue XCIX, June 2014
The Bugle: Issue LXIX, November 2011
Military Historian of the Year
Nominations for the "Military Historian of the Year" for 2011 are now open. If you would like to nominate an editor for this award, please do so here. Voting will open on 22 January and run for seven days. Thanks! On behalf of the coordinators, Nick-D (talk) and Ed [talk] [majestic titan] 23:01, 15 January 2012 (UTC) You were sent this message because you are a listed as a member of the Military history WikiProject.
The Bugle: Issue LXX, January 2012
My name is Jonathan Obar user:Jaobar, I'm a professor in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences at Michigan State University and a Teaching Fellow with the Wikimedia Foundation's Education Program. This semester I've been running a little experiment at MSU, a class where we teach students about becoming Wikipedia administrators. Not a lot is known about your community, and our students (who are fascinated by wiki-culture by the way!) want to learn how you do what you do, and why you do it. A while back I proposed this idea (the class) to the communityHERE, where it was met mainly with positive feedback. Anyhow, I'd like my students to speak with a few administrators to get a sense of admin experiences, training, motivations, likes, dislikes, etc. We were wondering if you'd be interested in speaking with one of our students.
So a few things about the interviews:
- Interviews will last between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Interviews can be conducted over skype (preferred), IRC or email. (You choose the form of communication based upon your comfort level, time, etc.)
- All interviews will be completely anonymous, meaning that you (real name and/or pseudonym) will never be identified in any of our materials, unless you give the interviewer permission to do so.
- All interviews will be completely voluntary. You are under no obligation to say yes to an interview, and can say no and stop or leave the interview at any time.
- The entire interview process is being overseen by MSU's institutional review board (ethics review). This means that all questions have been approved by the university and all students have been trained how to conduct interviews ethically and properly.
Bottom line is that we really need your help, and would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If interested, please send me an email at email@example.com (to maintain anonymity) and I will add your name to my offline contact list. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can post your nameHERE instead.
If you have questions or concerns at any time, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than happy to speak with you.
Thanks in advance for your help. We have a lot to learn from you.
Jonathan Obar --Jaobar (talk) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Chlopeck (talk • contribs) 23:18, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXI, February 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXII, March 2012
Invitation to events in June and July: bot, script, template, and Gadget makers wanted
I invite you to the yearly Berlin hackathon, 1-3 June. Registration is now open. If you need financial assistance or help with visa or hotel, then please register by May 1st and mention it in the registration form.
We want to bring 100-150 people together, including lots of people who have not attended such events before. User scripts, gadgets, API use, Toolserver, Wikimedia Labs, mobile, structured data, templates -- if you are into any of these things, we want you to come!
I also thought you might want to know about other upcoming events where you can learn more about MediaWiki customization and development, how to best use the web API for bots, and various upcoming features and changes. We'd love to have power users, bot maintainers and writers, and template makers at these events so we can all learn from each other and chat about what needs doing.
Check out the the developers' days preceding Wikimania in July in Washington, DC and our other events.
Best wishes! - Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation's Volunteer Development Coordinator. Please reply on my talk page, here or at mediawiki.org. Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 01:44, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXIII, April 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXIV, May 2012
GOCE July 2012 Copy Edit Drive
The Bugle: Issue LXXVI, July 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXVII, August 2012
The Military history WikiProject has started its 2012 project coordinator election process, where we will select a team of coordinators to organize the project over the coming year. If you would like to be considered as a candidate, please submit your nomination by 14 September. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact one of the current coordinators on their talk page. This message was delivered here because you are a member of the Military history WikiProject. – Military history coordinators (about the project • what coordinators do) 08:57, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXVIII, September 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXIX, October 2012
Re:Thank you for your service
Thank you for yours. It is always a pleasure to hear from an old friend. Tony the Marine (talk) 18:25, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXX, November 2012
||Wishing you a
"Feliz Navidad and a Prospero Año Nuevo"
(Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year)
Tony the Marine
The Bugle: Issue LXXXI, December 2012
On behalf of WP:CHICAGO
, I would like to thank you for your editorial contributions to Rahm Emanuel
, which has recently become a GA. --TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR)
01:18, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXXII, January 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXIII, February 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXIV, March 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXV, April 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXVI, May 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXVII, June 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXVIII, July 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXIX, August 2013
WikiProject Military history coordinator election
Greetings from WikiProject Military history! As a member of the project, you are invited to take part in our annual project coordinator election, which will determine our coordinators for the next twelve months. If you wish to cast a vote, please do so on the election page by 23:59 (UTC) on 28 September! Kirill [talk] 18:33, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXXXX, September 2013
The Bugle: Issue XCI, October 2013
File:GrummanF4F VMF211 WakeIsland NAP80G179006.gif listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:GrummanF4F VMF211 WakeIsland NAP80G179006.gif, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why it has been listed (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry). Feel free to add your opinion on the matter below the nomination. Thank you. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 10:03, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the note. Deletion was requested due to a slightly higher quality image of the same photograph from the National Archives being available on the Commons (though is jpg vs gif.) I support the deletion request. — ERcheck (talk) 03:53, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue XCII, November 2013
The Bugle: Issue XCIII, December 2013
The Bugle: Issue XCIV, January 2014
File:Lee LG USMC.gif listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Lee LG USMC.gif, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why it has been listed (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry). Feel free to add your opinion on the matter below the nomination. Thank you. Magog the Ogre (t • c) 19:22, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue XCV, February 2014
The Bugle: Issue XCVI, March 2014
It is always great to hear from you and to see your editing. Semper Fi, brother. Tony the Marine (talk) 01:20, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue XCVII, April 2014
The Bugle: Issue XCVIII, May 2014
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by Anna Frodesiak. Your comments here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue XCIX, June 2014