|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
That's thank you, from A to Z (by word or language). Sometimes I'm not good about thanking folks who thank me for my aimless fiddling around on Wikipedia. So in case I do forget, this should cover it. If you'd like more words of appreciaton, find them here.
Hey, they even have translations of the classic My hovercraft is full of eels!
50,000 NRHP sites illustrated
|WikiProject National Register of Historic Places Award|
|For helping WP:NRHP to illustrate 50,000 historic sites. We couldn't have a "project achievement" barnstar without including you. Keep up the good work!Smallbones(smalltalk)|
P.S. - I think I hit a wrong link earlier - you should have been at the top of the list.
- Thanks! :)
Glynn county, GA
- Technically true. Got into Brunswick late on August 18, 2011 and spent the night there. Then toured the city the next day, followed by St. Simons and Jekyll islands. I like getting as many photos as I can, especially on the longer trips. So I don't spend much time in any one spot. But I really liked Brunswick, and wouldn't mind revisiting. Maybe on the way to or from another trip to Savannah. :) --‖ Ebyabe talk - General Health ‖ 15:15, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- I took the Wikipedia National Register info from 24 counties in southeast Georgia and pasted it into a word file for easy reference. The rural counties have a lot of National Register sites that don't have photos. I'm going to get to a lot of them (I've already done some). I've planed out some routes, like "I can get to these three counties in an afternoon", or "I can get that one on the way to ...". BTW, my family owns a National Register site, McCranie's Turpentine Still. When it was put on the Register in 1976, I think that was the first time I'd heard of the N.R. Bubba73 You talkin' to me? 00:11, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- Cool! I used to do theatre in an NRHP (Baird Hardware Company Warehouse) and live near an NHL (Fort King).
- I use Microsoft Excel so I can organize and sort my lists. I always create my itineraries with way more spots than I can get to, rather than run out. Google Maps has led me astray on occasion, but with Google Street View, you can reccy to see if the addresses are accurate. Well, accurate-ish.
- I'd wanted to do more of Georgia, since I've got most of the sites in Florida photographed. But I haven't had the wherewithal of late. Hopefully that will change in the foreseeable future, as I do love the roadtripping. I live in Ocala, which is ideally located to get anywhere in Florida, and only a couple of hours from the Georgia line. Anyhoo, good luck and enjoy your travels. If there's you'd like any suggestions or advice, feel free to ask. Like, when you travel when it's warmer you should freeze water in several varying size bottles, so you have cold water all day. A cooler helps too. :) --‖ Ebyabe talk - Union of Opposites ‖ 01:33, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- Our site went on the registry on June 28, 1976 - it might be the last one to go on the list before the bicentennial. Bubba73 You talkin' to me? 01:55, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- No, it wasn't the last - sometimes several are added per day. But that is about a mile from where I grew up. And when you were at Needwood Baptist Church and School and Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation, you were a mile or two from where I live now. Bubba73 You talkin' to me? 03:23, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
I recommend that you get a better camera, probably a bridge camera. There are good ones in the $200-300 range. I got my daughter a Fujifilm Finepix for Xmas. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 is a quite good one, for $300. Bubba73 You talkin' to me? 04:37, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
I was just trying to wikify the article. I find it unnecessary of yours to revert my edits. My edits were in good faith.
Learnerktm 16:50, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, your edits were in good faith. However, 'wikify' usually refers to linking words or phrases to existing articles on Wikipedia. Like Wikipedia. Your changes were grammatical, and made the article less clear. I changed it back to restore clarity. Cheers. --‖ Ebyabe talk - Welfare State ‖ 17:19, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
I got it. Thanks
Learnerktm 12:42, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- Cool. Btw, what prompted you to make changes to that article? Are you a lighthouse fan, or live in the area? Don't need to answer if you don't want. Just curious. :) --‖ Ebyabe talk - Union of Opposites ‖ 14:36, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
ANI discussion for User:Zzaxx1
If you are interested in following and/or commenting: Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents#Requesting a block of a user. - Favre1fan93 (talk) 05:47, 3 March 2015 (UTC)