User talk:Ego White Tray
|Ego White Tray is taking a short wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia soon.|
I then reverted your addition. Under WP:BRD my WP:REVERT was also fine, as it says "When reverting, be specific about your reasons in the edit summary and use links if needed" - my edit summary was "Contradicts WP:DDD" which it did, as WP DDD clearly says "Don't add red links that aren't used in any articles"
However, you did not discuss, and, despite my having given a reason for my reversion, In this edit, you reverted my reversion; with the edit summary "Reverted good faith edits by Arjayay (talk): Editors are entitled to a justification for reverts for anything that's not obvious vandalism." The implication of this summary is that I had not justified the reason for my revert, whereas the fact that your addition contravened WP:DDD, as explained in my edit summary, is clear justification.
- OK - now it's my turn to apologize - I had not seen your apology on Wikipedia talk:Red link - and, as you had misspelled my name, I did not get a notification of this either. (I normally apologize on the editor's talk page).
However, as explained, the text you added is not parallel with that at WP:DDD - I need to collect my thoughts on how this could be reworded - or maybe we need to agree exactly what we are trying to achieve, before trying to find the exact words? Arjayay (talk) 14:11, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
You may be interested in WP:ANI#Bad deletions, WP:IDIDNTHERETHAT, and Personal attacks by admin Jni since you commented in the relevant WT:CSD thread. DES (talk) 00:25, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
World population articles
Hi, you responded to a post I made at WP:Cities. A discussion is now occurring at  regarding the merging of one article into another. Further input would be useful, so please post there if you have any comments to add. Thanks. Eldumpo (talk) 19:37, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
"Creation is not the same thing as deletion"
I just wanted to say thank you for putting extremely concisely and nicely "creation is not the same as deletion". I wish I could pack so much thought into so few words. It is a very good way to put it. Si Trew (talk) 02:06, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 April 2014
- Special report: 2014 Wikimedia Conference—what is the impact?
- Wikimania: Winning bid announced for 2015
- News and notes: Wikimedian passes away
- WikiProject report: To the altar—Catholicism
- Featured content: There was I, waiting at the church
- Traffic report: Reflecting in Gethsemane