User talk:Ego White Tray
|I am considering abandoning this account. Someday, you might see a retired banner across the top. Don't fret, I haven't left Wikiland, I'd just be editing under a different username.|
- 1 Wikipedia:Redirects_for_discussion/Log/2014_January_6
- 2 Wikipedia red links
- 3 ANI thread
- 4 World population articles
- 5 "Creation is not the same thing as deletion"
- 6 MfD nomination of Wikipedia:Guide to abbreviations used in deletion debates
- 7 Halifax, Nova Scotia Hatnote conflict
- 8 Category:Athletes banned for life
- 9 A page you started (West Seattle Bridge collision) has been reviewed!
- 10 Speedy deletion nomination of West Seattle Bridge collision
- 11 Disambiguation link notification for May 27
- 12 Does behaviour of RHaworth
- 13 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 14 June 2014
- 15 Disambiguation link notification for June 15
- 16 California State Route 14
- 17 Notice
- 18 My Alma Mater
- 19 Disambiguation link notification for June 30
- 20 Happy birthday!!!
- 21 Speedy deletion nomination of ZSZ
- 22 The Signpost: 16 July 2014
I then reverted your addition. Under WP:BRD my WP:REVERT was also fine, as it says "When reverting, be specific about your reasons in the edit summary and use links if needed" - my edit summary was "Contradicts WP:DDD" which it did, as WP DDD clearly says "Don't add red links that aren't used in any articles"
However, you did not discuss, and, despite my having given a reason for my reversion, In this edit, you reverted my reversion; with the edit summary "Reverted good faith edits by Arjayay (talk): Editors are entitled to a justification for reverts for anything that's not obvious vandalism." The implication of this summary is that I had not justified the reason for my revert, whereas the fact that your addition contravened WP:DDD, as explained in my edit summary, is clear justification.
- OK - now it's my turn to apologize - I had not seen your apology on Wikipedia talk:Red link - and, as you had misspelled my name, I did not get a notification of this either. (I normally apologize on the editor's talk page).
However, as explained, the text you added is not parallel with that at WP:DDD - I need to collect my thoughts on how this could be reworded - or maybe we need to agree exactly what we are trying to achieve, before trying to find the exact words? Arjayay (talk) 14:11, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
You may be interested in WP:ANI#Bad deletions, WP:IDIDNTHERETHAT, and Personal attacks by admin Jni since you commented in the relevant WT:CSD thread. DES (talk) 00:25, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
World population articles
Hi, you responded to a post I made at WP:Cities. A discussion is now occurring at  regarding the merging of one article into another. Further input would be useful, so please post there if you have any comments to add. Thanks. Eldumpo (talk) 19:37, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
"Creation is not the same thing as deletion"
I just wanted to say thank you for putting extremely concisely and nicely "creation is not the same as deletion". I wish I could pack so much thought into so few words. It is a very good way to put it. Si Trew (talk) 02:06, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
MfD nomination of Wikipedia:Guide to abbreviations used in deletion debates
Wikipedia:Guide to abbreviations used in deletion debates, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Guide to abbreviations used in deletion debates and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Wikipedia:Guide to abbreviations used in deletion debates during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Steel1943 (talk) 18:33, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
Halifax, Nova Scotia Hatnote conflict
Hi there - you and I and User:19960401 have been changing around the hatnote on Halifax, Nova Scotia. We should stop wasting each other's time, and discuss it on the talk page. I've started the discussion. I invite you to contribute. AshleyMorton (talk) 13:50, 29 April 2014 (UTC)
Category:Athletes banned for life
Category:Athletes banned for life, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. SFB 18:21, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
A page you started (West Seattle Bridge collision) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating West Seattle Bridge collision, Ego White Tray!
Wikipedia editor Raidriar just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
To reply, leave a comment on Raidriar's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
Speedy deletion nomination of West Seattle Bridge collision
A tag has been placed on West Seattle Bridge collision requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section G12 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article or image appears to be a clear copyright infringement. This article or image appears to be a direct copy from http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&File_Id=2421. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material, and as a consequence, your addition will most likely be deleted. You may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. This part is crucial: say it in your own words. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
If the external website or image belongs to you, and you want to allow Wikipedia to use the text or image — which means allowing other people to modify it — then you must verify that externally by one of the processes explained at Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials. If you are not the owner of the external website or image but have permission from that owner, see Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission. You might want to look at Wikipedia's policies and guidelines for more details, or ask a question here.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. ...William 01:25, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
- Historylink (the source page) is creative commons licensed, and explicitly intended to be shared on other sites. They are listed as a reference, so your nomination is incorrect. Ego White Tray (talk) 01:36, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
- I would work with William (signatory above), or independent Users Anne DeLong, or Liz (editors/admins). Take the advice to rewrite: plagiarized text is never good/acceptable, even with original author's permission. Otherwise, RH is unlikely to give you the time that William above did—he expects editors to be born fully formed, technically capable, etc. (or someone else to to the work assisting with such). He also appears to enjoy the process of rapid deletion for some reason, and any expectation of his being involved in a measured analysis of an issue—looking at each matter, case-by-case, and adjudicating on the basis of merit arrived at by attention to history or other detail—is a lost cause. Fix the article up as best you can, and avoid that admin, my advice. Le Prof Leprof 7272 (talk) 16:36, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited West Seattle Bridge, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Bascule (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Does behaviour of RHaworth
…in encouraging junior User Launchballer (please skim carefully his User page, ) to reply to queries directed at this Admin, simply odd, or does it rise to a level that it should be discussed at whatever level Administrators are supervised? You guidance kindly appreciated. RSVP here, I will watch. Le Prof Leprof 7272 (talk) 01:55, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
- I don't really see a problem with it. It's strange, yes, but not an issue requiring intervention. Haworth's abusive speedy deletes probably do. Ego White Tray (talk) 02:18, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
- Feel free to let me know if you or others pursue a course of review for the deletions; alone, without the long history of abusive interactions, it perhaps would raise no eyebrows. But the constant denigrations of those who communicate regarding their deletions cannot be standard WP practice for Admins. By the by, you did look at the junior editor's User page? I think the matter unseemly, at best. Le Prof Leprof 7272 (talk) 02:28, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping.
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- * [[GoodLuck (band)]], an electro-swing and dance group from Cape Town, South Africa]]
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Operation Dipscam, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Tom Davis (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is Numerous (mostly unnecessary) RFC's opened by IP. Thank you. NeilN talk to me 02:45, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
My Alma Mater
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Corps Saxo-Borussia Heidelberg, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page KSCV (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
|Wishing you all the best on your birthday! From the Wikipedia Birthday Committee. ~ Anastasia (talk) 21:27, 5 July 2014 (UTC)|
Speedy deletion nomination of ZSZ
A tag has been placed on ZSZ requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section R3 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because it is a redirect from an implausible typo or misnomer. Please note that articles must be on notable subjects and should provide references to reliable sources that verify their content.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.
The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- Special report: $10 million lawsuit against Wikipedia editors withdrawn, but plaintiff intends to refile
- Wikimedia in education: Serbia takes the stage with Filip Maljkovic
- News and notes: Bot-created Wikipedia articles covered in the Wall Street Journal, push Cebuano over one million articles
- Traffic report: World Cup dominates for another week
- Featured content: The Island with the Golden Gun