|——————————————— MY TALK PAGE —————————————
Hello, welcome to my talk page. You are welcome to post any comments below. Please be polite and follow wikipedia guidelines.
-- coding taken from White Cat.
-- coding taken from Timwi.
Fight systemic bias. Thanks!
- Archive 1: January 27, 2005 – May 23, 2005
- Archive 2: May 23, 2005 – April 5, 2008
- Archive 3: April 5, 2008 – December 7, 2011
- Archive 4: December 7, 2011 – February 1, 2013
- Archive 5: February 1, 2013 – January 31, 2015
- The Registry of Heritage uses the name 'Jelenov most', which would be 'Deer Bridge' in English. Thanks for the typo. --Eleassar my talk 15:33, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- I've looked at various resources on this but haven't come up with anything definitive. It is unlikely that Dolinski most is named after Dol pri Borovnici (for which the adjective should be dolski, dolški, dolanski, or doljanski), but instead means 'Valley Bridge', referring to the small valley that it spans (the current article incorrectly states that it is located in Dol pri Borovnici). The German name Hirschthaler viadukt also indicates that it is named after the valley it spans, called (in German) Hirschthal (literally, 'Deer Valley'); I have not found a map or reliable source with a Slovene name for the valley spanned by the viaduct, although Jelenova dolina (literally, 'Deer Valley') is found here. All of this would indicate that the viaduct is named after a valley that was named after deer; thus, Valley Bridge (Dolinski most), Deer Valley Viaduct (Hirschthaler viadukt), and Deer Bridge (Jelenov most). It is also somewhat possible that Jelen is a surname, in which case it would not be translated—that is, Jelen Bridge (Jelenov most). Given that the Slovene WP page is at Dolinski most, I would suggest moving the English WP page to the corresponding Valley Bridge with a lede like this: "The Valley Bridge (Slovene: Dolinski most, also Jelenov viadukt 'Deer Viaduct'; German: Hirschthaler viadukt 'Deer Valley Viaduct') is a railroad viaduct in Borovnica." Doremo (talk) 18:34, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the input. The Slovene WP is not a reliable source, so there's no particular reason to follow it. The original name was the German 'Hirschthaler', therefore it does not derive from the surname 'Jelen'; also the name 'Jelenski viadukt' appears on web (e.g. ). "Deer Valley Viaduct" probably matches the original the closest. --Eleassar my talk 21:16, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- In that case a suitable lede would be: "The Deer Valley Viaduct (Slovene: Jelenov viadukt, also Jelenski viadukt or Dolinski most; German: Hirschthaler viadukt) is a railroad viaduct in Borovnica." The name Hirschthal is well attested in written sources for the valley (e.g., here); it would be good if a Slovene name for the valley could be found in a published source. Doremo (talk) 03:54, 6 February 2015 (UTC)
Pomoč pri reviziji članka Tanja Ribič
Pozdravljen ! Prosim te za pomoč pri reviziji članka o Tanji Ribič. Nekdo ga je predlagal za izbris, morda lahko tam komentiraš v zvezi s tem in dodatno posodobiš članek. Ne vem kje se nahaja primeren slovenski portal za objavljanje člankov za izbris o slovenskih ljudeh, če nekdo predlaga tak vnos ? Ker je o Tanji le malo objavljenega na spletu v Angleškem jeziku, pri nas pa vemo, da je prepoznavna igralka in pevka, me zanima kako se v takem primeru izogniti izbrisu. Hvala za pomoč in lep pozdrav ! Prunk (talk) 20:26, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
I would like to ask permission to use a photo of yours in an upcoming publication. It is an aerial view from the castle of Plecnik's University Library. It shows, form high up, the context and the small square reaching out from one corner of the building. I tis available on the web, where I have seen it.
I am an American architectural academic and am in the final stages of completing a book-length manuscript on German façade design over 400 years, from 1550 to 1950. It will be published in English in 2015 by Ashgate Press in London. The print run would be small, likely about 800--mostly sold to research libraries. The book will treat over 100 German facades, and contain about 240 images in total. The study also considers some buildings in German-speaking Switzerland and Austria. From Slovenia, I will mention this building.
May I use your image in this publication?
My name is Randall Ott, and I am Dean of the School of Architecture and Planning at Catholic University in Washington DC. I can be reached at my e-mail: email@example.com — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:19, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm not sure which image you're actually discussing. Could you please provide a link to it? Thank you. Best, --Eleassar my talk 10:37, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
Somebody tried speedying this. Can you expand/source?♦ Dr. Blofeld 14:00, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
Because you have dealt with this person in the past year, I wanted to let you know about the newly created case page at Wikipedia:Long-term abuse/Velenje vandal.
You protected the Trbovlje article against disruption from this person, and you have dealt with him on your talk page. Others who have tangled with him include Doremo, Elockid, Nishidani, Alf.laylah.wa.laylah, Synthwave.94, Contributor321, Mlpearc, Tenebrae, Swarm, EnDaLeCoMpLeX, GermanJoe, DoRD, Primecoordinator, Logical Fuzz, and Sergecross73. If you take action against him in the future, you can link to this LTA case page. Binksternet (talk) 20:12, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited The Carniolan Bee, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Slovene (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.