Greetings && Assignment Reminder
I look forward to seeing your 3-5 articles ideas, as well as a link to your critical evaluation of an existing Wikipedia article related to the class with suggestions for improving it on the article's discussion page. You can post those under this comment (make sure to add a semicolon to indent your comment to the right). Once you have posted these, please be sure to let me know on my talk page in the section I set up for these two assignments.--Theredproject (talk) 21:10, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
3-5 article ideas
Here's my 3-5 possible research topics
- Storm Thorgerson created many famous album covers, including Pink Floyd.
- Carolyn Davidson created the Nike Swoosh logo
- Katherine McCoy co-chair of the graduate Design program for Cranbrook Academy of Art.
- Ruth Kedar created Google logo
- Vincent Connare created famous font comic sans
Paragraphs on 2 potential Articles
- Ruth Kedar is the creator of the very famous Google Logo. Unfortunately, her Wikipedia article is very short. Ruth was born in Brazil, and moved to Israel, where she attended the Israel Institute of Technology. She then moved to the United States, where she attended Standford University and received her masters degree in design. At Standford is where she was approached to design the logo for the Google Website.
- Although the Google Logo is her most famous accomplishment, Kedar is also a very accomplished and recognized designer. Her masters thesis was on playing card design, and became one of the designers of the Adobe Deck. These playing cards were produced in 1988. After she designed the award winning Analog Deck and Duolog Deck. Kedar has a very interesting career that deserves recognition.
- This article is lacking fully in biographical information, including a photograph, date of birth, career length, influences, and other information. This article could use biographical information as well as more information on Kedar's career all together.
- Katherine McCoyis a graphic designer who owns her own design business with her husband, Micheal McCoy. Their business allows them to create 2D and 3D images. She is a very accomplished designer, however her wikipedia page does not reflect this very well. The page is lacking a photo, as well as a few simple biographical facts. Her section, early career is also lacking. It gives a brief introduction into what she has done, however her early career is what gave her the recognition she now has.
- McCoy's career in design and design education is slightly small as well. Through research, I have found that she has won many awards and taught at multiple schools. Along with this, she has also been a part of many different types of desgin and typography. Many of the works she has created are also not mentioned.
- Lupton, Ellen, 'The Academy of Deconstructed Design', Eye magazine, London, vol 3, no 3, Spring 1991, pp. 44-63. http://eyemagazine.co.uk/feature.php?id=12&fid=370
- Owen, William, 'The Real McCoys', Designers' Journal, number 35, London, May 1988, pp. 49-52.
- Walker Art Center, Graphic Design in America: A Visual Language History, Harry N. Abrams, New York, 1989, pp. 201-202, 229, 254.
week 7 assignment
added 2 inline references on Dr.Seuss page. Diffs
Week 8 assignment
I have written my 250 words on the changes I would like to make to the Katherine McCoy article, as well as researched my 20 sources on Katherine McCoys Talk Page 
I posted a question to the Wiki Reference Desk  I am still waiting for a reply.
No changes have been made to the Katherine McCoy article since I have started to edit it, all information has been retained.